Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[SOUND] Issue changed. I just can't hear sound in the game.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by AtomiskZabaleta, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AtomiskZabaleta Trainee Engineer

As stated above. I currently have an alienware built x51. The exact specs are not too important, but the sound card and drivers maybe. I have some odd alienware audio control panel too, but the speakers in question are my TV speakers which I think installed an intel control panel of some kind. That's not really the strange part. When I leave the game for a second I look down and see my speaker on my task bar on the far right has a big X. But a circle with a cross is shown if it's muted. Okay so i managed to open the panel while it had the X and suddenly, the computer says my speakers cannot be found. But then, if I open up my music player... and play music while the game is running, it can find my speakers just fine but, there is still no game music. So... Can anyone help me figure out what the hell is this, Game, Windows being weird, or my driver messing up?

Edit: See latest post for update.

2. JamesL86 Senior Engineer

This is most definitely a hardware issue. I assume judging from the description of your rig that you know a thing or two about computers etc so my advice would be to firstly update the drivers. Personally I check my drivers once or twice a month to see if there are any new updates. If this does not fix the problem then searching tech forums may be in order. An alternative may be to call the company that produced the speakers (and TV I am assuming) to see if they can resolve the issue. To me, it almost sounds like a conflict of some sort brought about by the particular mix of equipment you have hooked together.

3. AtomiskZabaleta Trainee Engineer

Well I am still unable to hear any sound and the driver is not outdated, and it seems that the alt tabbing is actually what's causing the X to appear, not the game itself. That's why even when i get my music player playing, the game itself plays nothing still. So now i'm back to, it has to be the game. Not my hardware.

4. JamesL86 Senior Engineer

There has been some issues throughout the alpha so far with alt-tabbing in particular. I think I am gonna have to chalk this one up to whatever greater issue there is with alt-tabbing in general unfortunately. Alt-tabbing out of SE causes BSDs for me so I have not done it in months when in SE. :(

5. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

please provide log file located here: C:\Users\{YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME}\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.log

Without it we do not have enough info to potentially solve this problem. Thank you.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.