Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers (01.128 Update) Has a componant bug! (game is unplayable with it)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 2005Guyver01, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 2005Guyver01 Trainee Engineer

before the update everything was working fine, I had to go out for 2 hours. So I exited the game. When I got back there had been an update; after which the game has been unplayable. Every time I grind something down with computer components it comes up with -624.************** (*being other numbers) see the video for full issue it will be up with-in 15 min from now.

My system is home built; win7 64Bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB DDR5 Sapphire card, 64GB Page file, i5-3.40Ghz Quad Core, SoundBlaster Zx, 240GB SSD, 2x 2TB SATA III, 1x 1.5GB SATA III.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Lt. Yankee Apprentice Engineer

Very good explained! I get very pissed when the game becomes unplayable.Alpha forever!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mikhail Trainee Engineer

I confirm the existence of an error. Ingame screenshots with this bug:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Sk1ns Trainee Engineer

That bug does make the game unplayable. Start a new world all is well, till it comes to grinding anything that has computer components which is almost everything in the game, save and reload does not fix it one bit either as you lose the computer components which you got from what ever you was grinding down..

I've had a rant about it while recording, which I may never upload to youtube.

What's more, it doesn't seem they've tested this patch at all, as in 0% tested.

Edit:- By the way, that isn't the only thing that's effected..

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Morpher Trainee Engineer

Also getting this bug, here's my video of it:

Not sure if its only computer components though, i got the same when trying to grind some armor blocks with my grinding ship, unless it doesnt matter if the computer components arent in the actual block being grinded and just need to be somewhere on the grid

6. mxxpower Trainee Engineer

You guys are a lot nicer than I would be with my bug report video today... luckily my GF is coming over and I don't have time to mess around with ranting over a busted game. I think we are long passed due for a test server...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sk1ns Trainee Engineer

Once my video is uploaded on to youtube, will post it here, it shows what I went through although was ranting during it, started a new world yet again with it. In the end, I killed my lard lander ship lol while showing bugs

8. Tippin Trainee Engineer

This is so frustrating, I noticed this bug within 2 minutes of playing the game. There is no way you can tell me this patch was tested at all by Keen, this is ridiculous. I can understand bugs appearing that go unnoticed because they are obscure but this one is part of the fundamentals of the game. Just test your patch for 10 minutes before you decide to publish it.

Unplayable in survival now.

Not to mention elite tools are now slower than the starter ones and logging in to find my drill ship way up in the sky missing half of its rear end hurtling towards the moon.

Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sk1ns Trainee Engineer

Here's my video, again sorry for the rant which happened with in it and that it's a longish one

Started a new star system, offline single player.

• Like Like x 1
  10. elch Apprentice Engineer

This thing crashes Dedicated Servers big time

11. Pnut Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this is also happening on our dedicated server. In our examples grinding down an LCD panel or welder resulted in very large negative numbers of computers being added to our inventories. Here's hoping Friday's hot fix fixes this one.

12. Pie Apprentice Engineer

Confirmed - sorry I posted a duplicate report before reading this in another thread.

13. MichaelBoese Apprentice Engineer

I have this Bug too. Unplayable, sorry. Best reguards.

14. Pie Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure what others have found but I've tried a number of blocks and it's only blocks containing computers that seem to exhibit this problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. [NKG] Kiara Mishio Trainee Engineer

Confirmed. but it also happens with scrapmetal from grinding batteries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sk1ns Trainee Engineer

After testing, the only thing that is not effected, is the beacon that's on the planetary lander, I was given back all the components even the computer components.

Grinding down any battery on the ship it'll most likely kill the player due to the scrap metal and also the ship as well as your hears (the sound is loud as hell when the game catches up, louder than game sound is set to).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  17. Aedaeum Trainee Engineer

@Sk1ns I'm gonna have to agree with your video....it's pretty evident that no relevant testing is being done on the part of Keen. If there IS actual testing going on, they need to fire all their testers. I'm sorry, but that's wholly unacceptable when a new user can go into a new world, grind an LCD and immediately have the ship break apart. I'm really disappointed. I have lost any/all faith I had in their ability to provide any semblance of quality. It would at least be bearable if they gave us the ability to roll back to a previous build, but no...they prefer to let down their user base time and time again.

What kind of development is "Spray and pray"? The community, each Thrusday, has to hope they don't catch a bullet to the face.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MisterMagoo Trainee Engineer

Personally, what I wish they would do is rather than just a single update every week (with fixes on Friday/maybe Saturday) is release bug fixes throughout the week, and reserve Thursdays for features/major improvements (such as rendering, netcode, etc.).

19. PhilipSnyder Trainee Engineer

It applies also to anything that gives Scrap metal, so repairing or salvaging damaged armor. If it would have given you scrap metal, it gives you this crash.

20. Aedaeum Trainee Engineer

That wouldn't be wise, because then we'd be the ones testing the fixes directly. Marek stated that they do work and leave at most, 3 days for testing (which is highly in question at this point). They need to start prioritizing very specific things to get done each week and test it. Done. End of discussion. No more random feature adds with little to no testing and marginal fixes. I feel like they're just cramming in too much in one week. Incredibly bad management is what it really comes down to.

It's like they've got a bunch of devs working on a bunch of different things and when Thrusday rolls around, they say "oh yeah we'll throw that, that and...that in there" regardless if it's actually been tested or not. I'm coining the phrase "Spray and Pray Development Cycle", that is the KSH way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Sk1ns Trainee Engineer

You want to know what I had to go through, my ears that is, watch the video below but turn your sound/volume down and don't use a headset

This was just finding out how bad it got with the bug, I hope no one else had to go through such pain and for those using a headset I feel their pain.

I agree with what you've said 100%, just wrong to say there was in deed testing done to this patch. To roll back to a past build would be ideal. Sorry I'm not saying too much, my ears are still ringing.

I think people will start to wake up or I hope they do after this, I mean seriously

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. MisterMagoo Trainee Engineer

How about this then: A whole week's worth of testing before release, with a possible early option for those who want to contribute to the testing process?

Besides, as the game is early-access and still in the alpha stage, aren't we already testing their fixes/updates? Not as soon as they *allegedly* are, granted, but that's the whole point of alpha-stage early access best I can figure.

23. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

this has been reproduced and reported. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience. :(

• Late Late x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Mikhail Trainee Engineer

Please tell me, how long to wait for a patch?

25. Lt. Yankee Apprentice Engineer

When the 1. april ends, everything will be fine.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Mikhail Trainee Engineer

In Russia on April 1 - April Fool's Day, all over one another joke :) KeenSWH thus joke? : D

27. fused Trainee Engineer

This should have been caught prior to release. It was found within 5 minutes of loading up the game after the update. I realize we're part of the bug reporting testing crew, but this just proves that Keen needs to prioritize bug fixing of the current state of the game. STOP pushing new content. STOP changing things that weren't broken to begin with and deal with the issues that your game has had for years. You're losing respect for your fans, and long time loyal ones at that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mikhail Trainee Engineer

I Keep, the game has become less stable in comparison with what it was a year ago

29. ZeroGravity Trainee Engineer

Confirmes on our dedicated survival server ... when you grind down block, now i have 7 stacks of -295 billion electronic parts in my inventory, you can not even drop it ... this mùakes the game completely unplayable ...

30. demolish50 Senior Engineer

What is really frustrating, these issues have been around longer then just this latest patch. I can't be asked to go search myself, but look at my history. I was reporting this two weeks ago as were some others. Obviously they were made much worse by 128, which honestly, I'm glad. At least now it may get fixed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.