Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers 1.186 Feedback: Major Update is not that Great. Ruins game visually.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Blackbomber200, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blackbomber200 Trainee Engineer

While several people have expressed how great the New Major update is, others like myself do not approve of this new visual update. This new visual update has visually made the game very unappealing and No I am not just talking about the Bloom. (Which does need to be fixed ASAP) While several things were fixed and they did fix the fighter cockpit which was something I am happy about. However voxel textures, planets, atmosphere, and just the overall look of the game have taken a major blow.

Here are some major examples of how drastically Space Engineers Texture have went from what I would say Top "Triple A Shit" to quote Marek, to some of the Worst and most unappealing Textures I can Imagine.
    Here is a Picture of before 1.186
    [​IMG]
    After 1.186
    [​IMG]
    I do not know what has gone wrong, but this just isn't right. I have to run the game on Max Graphics just to get the Moon to look even that good! And in the Before Picture I was running on Medium Graphics. No I am not running a Crappy Computer, my Computer is not the greatest, but it is not terrible either.
    Here is another example for you:
    Before 1.186
    [​IMG]
    After 1.186
    [​IMG]
    I do not think I need to tell you that the top picture looks better in every single regard.

Voxels, planets, lighting all these textures are just ugly. Please fix this ASAP.

I also am not a fan of the new armor block textures because they make most ships just look ugly. Yes the lines were there, but they were much more faded and looked nicer. Making Ships look nice and crisp. I mean just look at the America flag in the top picture. It looks much nicer without all the lines running through it. I can deal with the new armor block look, but I can not handle the look of planets and textures. Please Keen fix this Immediately. I enjoy Space Engineers and have played it for several years, but this new major update is not an improvement Graphical speaking. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope this is fixed.

P.S. Turning off Space Just Got Real does not solve the problem actually makes game look worse in some regards.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

doesnt look this bad for me.....
    but they do need individual options for the post processing effects, that chrome aberration and bluring hurts my eyes n head

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

This looks quite surprizing. At the moment I suggest playing with Space Just Got Real and post-processing off. I am working on fixes to keep post-processing, but remove the eye strain.

4. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

Lets just say that I'm glad I've been using S.J.G.R since shortly after I started playing. Its gone from making the game look better to making it look bearable after this update.

5. MalueMan Trainee Engineer

You're not alone man, my friends and I just picked up the game a couple of weeks ago. Although the update did improve lighting effects and add increased detail to textures, not everything was great. I mean for instance we don't just rely on ships for mining because we're relatively new. The new update made the ore rocks dropped with hand drills tiny and impossible to distinguish from vanishing debris.

Also noticed that colors are much darker than they were before, my station lost it's burnished orange to a nearly rusted brown. A whole section went almost black due to it's intentionally darker hue than the rest of the station. Asteroids in space are INCREDIBLY glossy, like they're layered with plastic. I can't make it go away either, no settings can alter it.

In the end, it looks like my friends and I are gonna have to play an older version just to enjoy the game again. We've lost so much time in re-painting ships and stations brighter, not to mention how FRUSTRATING it is to mine with drills in 0 gravity. Wish they added a butterfly net to help catch all the little baseball sized rocks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. WillPWR Trainee Engineer

I'm not liking the graphics either. For all the reasons listed above. There is too much contrast, too much shine. The colors have gotten too dark. There are too many textures/scratches on the various blocks. It looks like a bad sci fi movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Levits Senior Engineer

What I'm noticing of the different images is that they stripped the planets atmosphere away...

Notice the fading of the moon in the first one? The 2nd image looks like there is a ball floating in the air just in front of your face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xelo Trainee Engineer

Is it just me? I can't see the 3rd and 4th picture of post #1.
    I tried with Firefox and MS-Edge on 2 different computers.... but in vain.

You are not alone... I'm very unhappy with the graphical update, too.
    Colours are way too dark and because of the chromatic aberration I get headache very fast. It seems my eyes try to focus and try and try, but they can't.
    The rays of the spotlights are another issue which really annoys me.

I'm very glad that some nice guys have published some mods for some of the weirdest problems I encountered. Thank you, guys.
    Special thanks to Dr.Novikov for his (updated) "Space just got real" and Robotnik V's "Dust be gone", which removed the white spotlight rays. Thank you so much.

Space just got real:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136188499
    Dust be gone:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1290848705

9. Blackbomber200 Trainee Engineer

Yes I seem to not being able to see those images. I shall try to fix them.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.