Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers - After Update 1.181.0, Connectors no longer work they stay white

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ThePGT, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ThePGT Trainee Engineer

Hello, So after purchasing the game and updating it to Update 1.181.0 the Major Update with optimisations. I built a mining ship and I wanted to connect it to a station so the ores could be extracted and refined automatically, but the connector doesn't work. It worked before the update but after It doesn't, both connectors stay completely white, and due to the update I believe, there isn't an 'x' on the connectors.

I have tried many solutions posted, most say about permissions and owners, when they are both set to 'me' and 'share with my faction', I have turned them off and on, changed the rotation, tried them in multiple words, creative and survival, I have re-built them, changed the settings e.g. Collect All, I have tried multiple ships to attach to them, and NOTHING. I will struggle to progress the game further as I refuse to do it manually EVERY time I go mining.

Setup:
    Ship > connector > connected to station's connector > station's connector connected to cargo container.

Please Help!
    Thank You In Advance.

2. leifolini Trainee Engineer

Yeah, this is annoying as hell. I can't progress any further. Two other threads about it here and here. And a reddit thread here. They released a hotfix earlier today, but it didn't seem to fix this issue. I hope they fix it soon.

3. Shabazza Junior Engineer

You don't even need to use the search function to find 5 of those threads on the first page. Just sayin'...

4. Eowung Trainee Engineer

5. Sykel Trainee Engineer

Temporarily I suggest to go back to version 1.180. From the game's property menu on steam, beta tab, in the list select 1.180

6. Leo Trainee Engineer

7. Cotcan Trainee Engineer

Can confirm this is an issue. I just tried docking with my small ship, and nothing. Landing gear still work though.

8. leifolini Trainee Engineer

EASY WORKAROUND: Place a rotor between the conveyor and the connector. Someone mentioned this on the Steam Community page. Worked for me! I hope it works for others as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cave Johnson Trainee Engineer

Yes I too am having issues with connectors. I started out with a lander, merge block connected to armor blocks. After trying connecting out of that lander, no connection, all white lights. I then moved the connector to a station, built away from the lander, still same issues. Connector is powered, ownership in my name and shared with faction, but never engages or turns yellow to indicate "ready to lock". Any ETA on this fix yet?
    --- Automerge ---
    After a small update today my connectors are now able to engage and lock successfully. Thank you!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.