Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Just Got Real

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by Dr. Novikov, Sep 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

Is this "yet another darkness mod" for Space Engineers? Well, technically, yes.

I always wanted the game to look like real life NASA photos, and I always wanted darker tunnels and caves. I wanted to be able to hide my ships on the dark side of the Moon. I tried several mods that promised darker shadows, and they mostly made everything dim.

So I made a mod for myself, and played with it for a while. Then I decided to share it.

I have spent multiple hours tweaking dozens of settings to achieve proper "space-looking" shadows and retain illumination where it should remain. I also toned down excessive bloom and obtrusive sunglare, while keeping the sun itself properly bright.

The mod is available on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136188499

The skybox is made by Darth Biomech. According to his announcement, modders can reupload it with changes freely.

Screenshots at Imgur:

Screenshots on the Forum:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

Updated for 1.186, fixed major issues, brought back 90% of the former glory.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.