Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Spaceship with Teeth!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Neotician, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

I wanted to see if pistons could be used in conjunction with rotors to crush things, and the first thing that came to mind was jaws!
    So, this is what i have come up with:
    Workshop Link
    New video, bigger jaws and more carnage.
    go to 1:20 for the devouring.
    Go to 4:15 for full on predator assault ^_^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Spaceship ... Eat this :woot: nice idea!!! :D

3. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Replace blast doors with grinders.

4. roguelycan Apprentice Engineer

LMAO I love it. That worked more beautifully than I expected. If you made one like 10 times bigger that would be absolutely terrifying. You could eat a whole ship.

5. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

^_^
    Once i figure out why my rotor spacing option isn't working, i'll be able to go bigger and more powerful :)
    I have to make the joints less effective than i want to, because i have to account for the extra length :/
    Once i work it out, i may make a shark-themed ship ;) already have ideas for a system to move the bitten-off chunks into the ship, to be "digested" by grinders.

6. Odious T Apprentice Engineer

Positive self-esteem shark approves.
    [​IMG]

7. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

Made a slightly larger and much more destructive version, Video, Workship link and screenshots have been updated.

8. Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

I have something similar I'll be posting soon... however, when it comes to being literal, this guy gets the gold medal. :D

I'd advise ditching pistons entirely for the time being and instead going for more of a "bear trap" double hinge, as you can put two rotors together to make a much more stable hinge. However, I can definitely see the value in using pistons to increase your maximum jaw size.

9. Zemaus Apprentice Engineer

Very good and awesome :D Quick question...are blast blocks crash resistant? Like wont break at all? o-0

10. Astroboy747 Apprentice Engineer

Nice stuff! Who knows, maybe we will have the technology to build something like this in 2070 ;)

11. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

Just noticed your comment, only 2 months late :p
    They will be destroyed, but they're pretty resistant.
    They won't deform, for example.
    I made this to test it out

12. Zemaus Apprentice Engineer

Lol its all good. I still see many ways of using these for swing weapons. Being ram proof for the most part i may start tipping my AP ammos with these but in a special way ;)

13. Legofreak Apprentice Engineer

I was considering making a mech with a blast door sword big enough to cut through the red ship but I think the shoulder would fly off...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.