Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Spawn without Assembler nor Refenery possible?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by bleakhead, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    recently I tested this MOD.
    The respawn ships will be overritten. All ships have not an assembler nor refenery. So how to play in survival mode? Okey I can destroy the ship. Or some other stations (this will call the police and I will die). Are there other possibilities?

2. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

Build a ship that has stuff you can grind down for the parts for a refinery and assembler.... I think a couple of the spawn ships have this...

• Like Like x 1
  3. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Okey I got it. It was close, because of the 1.1k of Metal Plates for the refenery. The random signals with the skins, helped a bit. But it is hard and a very "grinding" experience! Feels like diabolo :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Calaban Junior Engineer

I challenged myself one weekend to try a "suit to space" race-

Spawn in just a space suit, para-freefall to an earth-like planet surface with just my starting tools. Unknown signals and wolves on for resources. Then get a ship launched into space (no jetpack bottle shortcuts), and find and capture a Raiding outpost/Station in space.. upon capturing/setting up its medbay, that = "win"

It was totally doable. Sure a lotta legwork at the start, and messy killing of dawgs with a grinder because the bullets ran out a loooong time ago.. but it was a challenge that turned out to be very satisfying when overcame. My first minicamp was a small reactor with a passenger seat for recharges, followed shortly by a small grid o2 generator to resupply my h2 bottle for excursions. Then the arc furnace powered by several small grid small reactors through a rotor small head attachment, eventually a refinery, real reactor, medbay, and by this point the game was standard-ish.

After that grueling buildup struggle, sitting in that cockpit with rockets roaring as my claptrap ship made of salvaged parts clawed its way to space- it never felt quite so rewarding- because I knew in my heart that I had earned every single bit of it by tooth and nail- a self rescue from a shipwreck on an alien world with nothing but the skin on my back and the tools on my belt... and I actually made it outta there; Literally offa that entire world.

After pulling that off, I could wear my cool-guy sunglasses with style- I was officially a steely eyed Space Engineer. :beer:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. bleakhead Trainee Engineer

Are you playing Darksouls in Space Engineers? :D Okey im totally with you. It is possible to start minimalistic equipment. Honestly it is only for hardcore players but you know what you have done, if you finished your first serious base.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.