1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Specs for a server

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by MortZ, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MortZ

MortZ Trainee Engineer

Setting together a Home Server, planning on using it for SE.

Cpu: I7 3770

Ram: 16GB Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 1600MHz

GPU: Geforce 660 TI

PSU: 700W

SSD: 250 GB SSD

It will run on a 300 DL/UL line

Hopefully this should be suffcient

2. Audiacious

Audiacious Trainee Engineer

I have one running on an I7-2600 with 4gb ram and a 250gb HDD. It seems to run fine for me alone lol. When i put in my large carrier with 8 small block fighters/gunships it started lagging though. The carrier itself is around 20k blocks. I also have it on a 100dl/5ul connection lol.

3. Diegor34

Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

Hi, you're spec and internet are enough to run the dedicated server, the GPU is not necessary, because DS does not make use of it, I keep a dedicated server for a few years already without GPU because the use stays all in CPU and RAM, make sure only to maintain a good internet connection with a good Upload speed, with the problematic net code we have yet, uploading is the key to stability.

Some stability tips:

- Ask for heavy scripts not to be used.
    - Attention to the types of mod that will add to your server, mod like ex: "conveyor hinges" are incredible, but they generate lag in case you use many in a mobile grid.
    - Use the SE Toobox application to keep the server clean by deleting lost, unnamed, and mostly high-speed grids (with no owner of course).

Hope this helps

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.