1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. This forum is obsolete and read-only. Feel free to contact us at support.keenswh.com

[Stable, dev] You are doing it WRONG!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Red Corsair, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Red Corsair

Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

Hello keen.

This message is directed to all from kswh: from comunity manager to ceo.

Today i want to tell you about typical business process in typical company.

Not about management, not about ITIL/ITSM, but about production. All (IT-)companies have a product. It can be different: game, website, OS, different services, hardware or software. But they all have the same: "production" version of services. All of them. From tiny start-ups to giants like oracle. KSWH have it too. It's named "Space Engineers Stable Branch". Why not Dev? Because "stable" is default. Every customer who bought the game will play stable.

Every product have bugs. From tiny start-ups to giants like oracle. This is fact. Every company needs to sell their product to survive. From tiny start-ups to giants like oracle. But selling product not all. Companies needs to make their customers stay their product. For that purpose every company trying to make their products perfect for customer. And first of all - bugfixing.

Yes, yes, you will tell me that you do bugfixes too... But every company from tiny start-ups to giants like oracle do it different way!
    The standart and simpliest workflow: got issue->track issue->work on issue->fix issue->test->release. EVERY DAY. if you say to your boss "let customers use bugged (as hell!) product whole month, and we maybe fix some bugs by release another (BUGGED, AND YOU KNOW THAT) version for another month" - YOU WILL BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!

From every company, from tiny start-ups to giants like oracle.

Please, think about it.

And please, RESPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Regards, Red Corsair.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  2. Burillo

Burillo Junior Engineer

typical business process in a typical company doesn't involved shipping knowingly unfinished (aka early access) code. all the customers know what they buy, and by accepting this, they agree to the conditions. grow up.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Phoera

Phoera Senior Engineer

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Corundum Guy

Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

Have you considered switching to dev branch? The you can get a new bugged version every week ;)

Seriously though: What would you suggest Keen do to please all customers? When we had only weekly updates, some were vocally angry because every week there was a chance of a (subjectively, at least) game breaking bug. So Keen added the stable branch. Now you're angry the stable branch gets updated only monthly - but you're apparently also angry that the update to the stable branch may contain bugs - which is the very thing that updating monthly rather than weekly is supposed to mitigate. At least you now have a choice between monthly fixes + new bugs and weekly fixes + new bugs. So, are you a gambling man? :)

And let's be clear: Bugs, new and old, are a given right now. SE is not a released game, but a game in developement - which you knowingly paid to have access to before it is finished. Devs ought to respect their customers, sure, but buyers need to beware, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Red Corsair

free testers. thats all.

so.

saying "early access" is a bad way to cover amateurism. both dev and management.
    --- Automerge ---
    there is no new blocks since planets release. teasing corner lights at 3-rd year anniversary.... lol. 1-hour to any modder to implement. but no fixes in stable WHOLE MONTH, CARL!
    --- Automerge ---

>>>When we had only weekly updates, some were vocally angry because every week there was a chance of a (subjectively, at least) game breaking bug

lets talk about month of broken game?
    --- Automerge ---
    they are just trying to bite a half of elephant while being a mice. there is no way to do it. game feels like DEAD PROJECT by a usual gamer. half of my friends just throw this game cus of bugs. 70% of community just sits in creative and masturbates on cubes, like retards-minecrafters. i am one of the multiplayer-intensive player. and i dont feel "development". 3 years. damn. that is HUGE time. also this game based on another game. with same voxel mechanics. idk what devs doing on their jobs. maybe they always drunk. or they have a 10-hours work week/

also

>>all the customers know what they buy, and by accepting this, they agree to the conditions. grow up

~year without new content. sandbox game. maybe i missed something? if you have legacy code, so just spend time to refactoring.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. Corundum Guy

Corundum Guy Apprentice Engineer

I'll just leave that here.

7. Phoera

Phoera Senior Engineer

8. Jimmacle

Jimmacle Trainee Engineer

You might want to delete this because you just look silly. If you can't handle bugs and the hiccups that occur with active development and frequent updates then don't buy unfinished games.

9. Red Corsair

you cannot, cus of 149 federal law of Russian Federation.

you can put here your head, cus it useless like your message.
    --- Automerge ---
    pls dont tell me what to buy, mr. "donatemeplease" guy.

10. Jimmacle

What happened to you to make you so salty and what's with your Oracle fetish?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Phoera

Phoera Senior Engineer

being in top is outside of that law.
    i asked that question by simple reason.

where is your product somewhere, to try to teach Keen how to do things?
    i sended you FAQ about EA, which you accepted when pressed BUY in steam.
    if you don't red it, this is your fault.
    you was warned.

12. Red Corsair

• Inappropriate Behavior
    pls dont tell me what to buy, "mr.
    haha, its so predictable. every tard say "wat make you salty". its cus lack of brain or there is another reason why you say it?

oracle cus copypaste.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bad Humour

Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

*grabs pop-corn*

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Red Corsair

in Russia in big companies we are signing a document, that restrict us to tell anyone something about our job/company. it based on that law and company security policies.
    so i cannot tell you about it, just like you cannot tell me about your (potential) company customers info, like passport data etc. in my company i cant tell even a salary.
    and if you didnt know it - you never worked in big companies. (cus we are both from Moscow)

EA is not a reason to slack one's work.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  15. halipatsui

halipatsui Senior Engineer

Anyone want popcorn?
    --- Automerge ---
    Give me some too.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Jimmacle

Weekly updates aren't slacking. There are dozens of fixes and improvements every week, if that isn't good enough then I don't know what to tell you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.