Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Stuck In Place A never ending bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lyle sonders, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Stuck In Place A never ending bug that forces you to exit the game and reload to clear it
    This has been a on going bug that has been reported numerous times by several people besides myself. It is extremely frustrating when you have to exit the game completed while trying to build
    In the attached video you can see what is going on. the astronaut acts as though he is in a no gravity environment, yet the force of gravity is acting upon him as his velocity is rapidly increasing. Please Please someone let us know what is going on here.

http://youtu.be/e7Yeb1xioPY

2. mastpayne Senior Engineer

Hehe! Watched about 10 seconds, and it is apparent you have accidently hit the 'X' key and turned off your suit's thrusters.

Clue: Your arms are flailing around...and there is no 'blue' flame coming from the thrusters.

Solution: Hit 'X' again, and all will be well.

3. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

he he watch longer you will see i turn on my suits thrusters and the results are the same. also I am in full gravity, i do not need thrusters to walk around on my platform.

4. mastpayne Senior Engineer

Having been properly chastised for NOT examining all the evidence, I went back and watched it all.

However, seeing as to how you have violated all the laws of our little universe by having a velocity of (wow!) over 2,000m/sec, you do have a problem.

First, is it single player or on a server?

Second, if it is on a server, I can't help ya.

Third, if it is single player, I would guess your software has a slight case of influenza, or Alzheimer's.

Recommendation if it is single player:

Back up your worlds, delete the game and re-load it. Something sure is fishy.

Good luck! That is some funny stuff....except if you are actually trying to DO something in the game.

5. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

It is single player mostly creative mode. I have reloaded the game several times from scratch. this video is from a newly started game. I was only working in this world for about 3 hours and had to restart the game several times. It has gotten so bad that I am not playing the game half as much as I used to. usually only a couple of hours on Thursday or Friday to examine the updates.

6. Morilibus Apprentice Engineer

I have experienced this too. Usually happens after playing for an extended period of time. If I'm in a ship at the time, the ship also stops responding to movement input. I can get in and out of the cockpit, but cannot move around. Restarting the game has been the only fix I have found too.

I experienced this on a private Dedicated server, I was the only one on it at the time.
    As for the devs reproducing this, I'm not sure. As it does seem to just occur after the game has been running for a while.

7. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

it has happened to me several times tonight in about 3 hours of game play, i decided to shoot this video of it the just shut the game off out of frustration.

8. demolish50 Senior Engineer

This happened to me last night.

9. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

This happened again last night. After a 6 hour build the astronaut froze in place, I saved my game then exited, when I reloaded the game, my station/Large Ship build blew itself apart. the rotors that were being used for the solar arrays were shaking so badly that it was moving my entire station then the top exploded like there was several warheads attached to them. So frustrating that I just gave up and went to bed....:mad:

10. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

It Never ends.. Same bug 3 more times today

11. radam Senior Engineer

Press shift and f11 at the same time and look at how much memory SE uses. How much ram is in your system? As I have found that even on my new system, after loading a fe big maps and constucting for a long time this also happens. But its when memory usage is at like 3.5gb.

12. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Its not a memory thing, I still get good frame rate, I can do anything else my astronaut or ship just freezes in place, so far today it has happened 5 times I get about 10 minutes into the game and it freezes, what stinks is when I return I have a lot of damage to my ships and station because even though it isn't visually showing any movement, my ships or objects continue along their last trajectory and if anything is in the way it goes boom, as seen in the video, my astronaut was picking up speed as if falling in a full gravity environment, it this happens when I am in space I will be looking at my space station, or ship, when I save and reload i find myself hundreds of meters from them. Also if i am moving to merge or working with rotors when this happens they explode when i reboot. tried re-installing the game, and still have the same issues.

13. radam Senior Engineer

How are you so sure it is not memory thing?
    Next time you get that bug, open shift f11 overlay and take a screenshot. And some PC specs would be nice for comparison.

14. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

If its a memory thing it would affect everything, not just my astronauts movement. There are several of us having this issue, we have been reporting it for months and haven't had any replies from the devs on the subject. Also I can exit the current world and load another world and my astronaut is frozen in that game as well. To clear this I have to exit space engineers entirely then reload the game Most of the time i spend the next 20 minutes repairing damage to my station or ship.

15. radam Senior Engineer

As I said I reproduced this bug and it is memory related. It does not affect graphics, just physics.
    [​IMG]

Like this. Notice high speed, and in yellow, memory usage, UPS number (physics frames per second), update lag etc...

Oh and except for Phand, devs dont answer on the forum as it seems.

Current workaround is just dont switch worlds much, restart the game frequently, save alot.

16. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

17. radam Senior Engineer

I guess you reached the world size limit for this moment.

18. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

my world size isn't an issue either as this bug also happened on a brand new game with just the basics...

I do save often and have to restart the game A LOT.

19. radam Senior Engineer

Go on and observe memory usage from the moment you start a new map, on a freshly restarted game.

20. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

I will begin a new world and start FRAPS recording as I build to see what is happening when it breaks, It will be a few days because I work long hours and do school work at night, so I don't get much time to play during the weeks, only on Saturday.

21. JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

Well if its a problem that requires saving alot then could the devs fix the problems that arise from have auto save on...??????

22. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I already answered on similar thread. We know about these annoying bugs. But thing is that I cannot reproduce it and that sucks. :( Really sorry for inconvenience.

23. radam Senior Engineer

I was only able to get stuck once.

But increasing ram usage with loading multiple saves one after another can be reproduced.
    And once you do have high ram usage, UPS jumping around is more apparent. If the ship is say 5kt...

24. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Would it help if i uploaded my world that it keeps happening in. If so let me know where and how to upload it and see if you can reproduce it using my world. Im thinking it has something to do with its contents because i can only play in it for about 5 minutes until my astronaut freezes in place. I can play any of my other games for hours and not have any problems. I tried to move my build to a new game using the set toolbox and the bug seems to follow the build itself. I hate to loose this build because I have worked on it for weeks, it has a working elevator and everything

If it will help let me know

25. radam Senior Engineer

I would also like to see how big this world is.

26. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

I published the game to the workshop----my overlay doesn't seem to work so I can't edit the name at the moment it is created 2014-08-02 14:28 i loaded the game and your are almost instantly frozen in place

27. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Correct previous post, my FARPS was interfering with my steam overlay, the new name of the world is Never Ending Bug. in the steam workshop.

28. mastpayne Senior Engineer

(Disclaimer: No, I have not downloaded your world)

Wow.

Your Processing Mem and GC Mem is climbing at a rate of 1M every 10 seconds. The only time mine does that is when I'm holding a block and the cursor is pointed at a ship.

Even then, the auto-save resets my numbers.

When those numbers were causing problems for me, I learned to not let the Processing Memory get much over 2G, and then I got out of the game (completely) and started over. However, for me, that was fixed several patches back.

I still have the habit of not letting the numbers go over 2G, just for safety's sake. (Now...takes HOURS...)

Maybe...try that? Otherwise, it looks like you have a leak.

29. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

what could cause a leak and why is it affecting only certain worlds, this one in particular

30. mastpayne Senior Engineer

Something not loading properly?

Something not liking some part of your hardware? (Do you have some part that is exotic or some brand that is not common?)

To my knowledge, there is a standard leak as is, but is small and manageable, at least for me. It is also constant and known to the Devs, but again, it is a small one...and again, the Auto-save for me re-sets most of it.

I dunno. Makes no sense a leak would only effect certain worlds differently than any other, unless as I mentioned, something in the software for THAT specific world is not loading consistently. That still makes no sense, either.

(I can't believe that a real 'puter whiz hasn't gotten in on this for ya yet.)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.