Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Super annoying thrusters falling off bug

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Acela5, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Acela5 Trainee Engineer

I have completely lost my patience with this bug it is getting extremely frustrating and i'm hoping for a fix soon. I build ships to one main save and keep expanding, i have saved many many times to this file. Over time it seems my ships will start to glitch to where if i break a block or drive and hit something all the thrusters will just plain fall off. My newer ships this doesn't happen to but they are slowly getting that way the more i save the game its like a time line slowly growing i'm getting to the point where i can tell when its going to start happening to a specific ship. I have attached a video showing my issue and also have attached my save file. Any help would be hugely appreciated, i don't want to lose all my work!

video at 2x speed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oah3ofIwl_M

Save file: /images/icons/file_types/zip.gif creative world.zip

2. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

Hi, thank you for your saves, we're going to fix it.

3. Acela5 Trainee Engineer

Thank you for replying! I'm very happy this is being worked on, a ramming ship isn't very good if it falls apart when i ram something haha

4. yttrium Apprentice Engineer

Similarly, I notice that when I use the quick start preloaded map, the red ship loses some of its upper thrusters as soon as it's piloted. This is consistent across multiple new worlds with that template. Is that an issue with the map itself, or is that a game bug?

5. Balmung Senior Engineer

Don't forget: this is only an Alpha, it's completely normal to find Bugs like this. And there are for sure many other Bugs in this Alpha.

I self must say, I didn't find much Bugs by myself. For an Alpha it runs really good.

6. yttrium Apprentice Engineer

Don't mistake us reporting bugs for us complaining about them! Of course it's an alpha. Hell, it's actually a pre-alpha. We know that. Of course there are bugs in alphas - but they only get fixed when developers are made aware. :p

7. charlespayne Trainee Engineer

You tried building without the use of duct tape lol.

8. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

Hi, this is fixed in current version 01.002.009, thanks for reporting.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.