Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

TeamRook Server: Autoaccepting Steamgroup

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jishness, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

Just a suggestion. Make two beacons at the center. One 50km beacon marking the center and a 10km beacon marking the pvp zone.

2. jishness Trainee Engineer

Skybox changed because the old one had... shadow issues. Using dead planet now.

DK Earthbreaker drill added.
    Codecat Cockpits added.
    Conveyor Expansion added.
    Weaver's Laser Welders added.

3. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Any and all servers I've previous joined my sim speed has been, at best, .3 ... I join this one, and its a solid ONE POINT OH OH .... I can't explain how great it is to be in a multiplayer game and NOT be moving through molasses.....
    On that note, if anyone wishes to join a faction that prides itself on design and style in addition to function, hit me up.

4. Emu83 Trainee Engineer

I
    would like my base and ships moved if possible :)

5. Ulfsark Master Engineer

build a grinder ship, grind up whatever can't move, and hook everything that can with merge blocks, and jump on out :p

6. jishness Trainee Engineer

I'll move his station with toolbox before the pvp zone is made. Everyone who built in the asteroid field did so under the impression they'd be safe because of the server rule, so it's only fair.

7. Servitor Trainee Engineer

Seems not to work like you mentioned it ;) I don't get this message. It seems that those broadcasts only reach players that are online and in range at that moment you post it.

8. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

Maybe it'll broadcast to any antennae in range? So if you were 40km away from my antenna, but my antenna is only 20km, I won't get it? Maybe? Not sure lol

9. Emu83 Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the move when it comes. Your the best server ever.

10. Echillion Senior Engineer

Last time I was on I had used up all the spawnships I'll be back on when a shuttle is availiable :)

11. jishness Trainee Engineer

Something really bad happened to the server. Trying to figure out what went wrong right now but it keeps getting to Session Loaded and then freezing.

12. Echillion Senior Engineer

Ouch! sorry to hear that mate

13. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

ruh roh. Good luck dude.

14. jishness Trainee Engineer

Its possible to get in the game but something is REALLY wrong. It took me 12 minutes to get in. I had someone else connect with their high end computer, took 6 minutes. On logout both of our games froze. I've made a new world and have imported everyone's stuff to it. It's starting up now I'll be connecting as soon as it's up to see if the problem is solved. Everyone's stuff has been adjusted from the asteroid field by 5km so nothing should be colliding.

Edit: It worked. Problem fixed. Slight side-effect, everyone's stuff no longer has an owner. But it is functioning. Login, find your medical room spawner (or just spawn in as a suit and find your base) then transfer ownership of everything to yourself. Sorry for this accident I still don't know what caused it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  15. Ulfsark Master Engineer

wow, i wasn't expecting my base to be in the middle of no where suddenly :/

16. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Dude, seriously man? One guy asked for his base to be moved. You moved everyone's. You said we had a week to get our stuff out of origin. The ships I spent hours building are no where to be found. .....why?

17. jishness Trainee Engineer

Yea I didn't want this to happen so suddenly either. Something really bad happened in the world that I couldn't pin down. But I did backup everyone's structures at least. =/

18. Emu83 Trainee Engineer

Still an awesome sever

19. Servitor Trainee Engineer

Well not exactly. My half base is destroyed. I lost about 2000k of every ore, 5 days production of components and, of course, the little things like welding ships are gone too.

"Something really bad happened" is very true.

20. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Once I get re-situated, I'll be making a memorial of The Great Unscheduled Base Migration ....

21. Ulfsark Master Engineer

I apologize for losing my temper before, I wasn't fully aware of what had happened, the fact that anyone's stuff was able to be recovered at all is a blessing :p I'm sorry Jishness, I didn't know exactly what had happened.

22. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

Yeah I lost my utility pod, both utility bits (grinder and welder) and my small miner. Lost two refineries full uranium and a large cargo about half full of ingots too.

All in all, its gonna take some time to fully recover, but its ok. I have my base and I have my Mammajamma driller ship. Plus, I actually had a REALLY good time last night working with faction members to rebuild stuff I had lost. We were able to remake the pod and bits and start getting stuff back in order.

Much fun to be had. :)

**EDIT**

I agree with Emu. Despite the The Unexpected Migration (dubbed the TUM), the server is awesome. Good group of guys with a good admin. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  23. jishness Trainee Engineer

We think that it was a refinery bug that caused the world corruption. There was a bug reportedly fixed about 4 months ago where refineries would double up infinitely on queue. When we made the new world, I copied everyone's stuff as-is, and Servitor's entire refinery base was missing any blocks that had cargo space, or at least the refineries, arc furnaces, and small cargo containers.

This refinery bug caused the world to massively increase in size (ours shotup from what its at now to about 60mb in the short 10-15 minutes that I ran the server each time trying to fix it), and it caused login/load times for players to massively increase (like the 12 minute login I had). Its the best explanation I have for what happened. Unfortunately, no one else has reported this bug yet, so its either an isolated incident or no one's had it happen to them yet.

Edit: Also, servitor, toolbox said most of your cargo containers survived. I refunded 10% of the losses as ingots in your Large Cargo Container, because most of your stuff actually survived. It was just your refineries/assemblers/arc furnaces and what was inside them from what I can see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  24. Servitor Trainee Engineer

+ Welder ship (3 medium container) filled with components

Im not sure, if i'm happy, but my new mining ship seems to be able to mine (as soon as i can fix that spinning-behavior of it), so i will be able to get some ore and build some more assemblers (btw. did the co-work of this things work again?) to replace the rest of the lost.

It's just a pity about the lost time it will take the assembler to produce everything again.

25. jishness Trainee Engineer

The only components I found were a few hundred construction components, a thousand steel plates, and 4 thruster components. You had a lot of raw resources but not very much in actual components. I had no record of the welder ship so I have no idea what was in it.

26. MrBunBun Trainee Engineer

Just wanted to hop on and formerly say hello. Been on for three days now, I just missed all the fuss thankfully.

27. Servitor Trainee Engineer

You can be thankfully, yes ;)

Just Imagine, you log in, select your medical bay, respawn and first thing you see is a massive hole at the place where your refinerys should be. You maybe think "Ok, not nice. I will replace that asap". Then you go into your ship hanger, where your welding ship is parked, full with stuff. "No problem to replace everthing". you maybe think. But all your small ships are no longer there. The Hanger is empty.
    Annoying, right? You need to build a new one, and new components of course but wait: Your conveyor system is blown off. Nothing will work normaly. The left assembler is connected to nothing. You need to manage all materials, components etc. per hand. Thrwo them in, take them out, put them somewhere.

You will get everything connected again at the end off the day, sure. But did you not have planned to build something for the new "asteroids are the new PvP Zone" thing?

Well, that where my Impressions at that day. And my base allready was outside of anything and isn't been moved at all ;)

I think the idee of building some memorial is nice. I will build something too. I allready got an idee by accident wich symbolizes the never ending rebuild of stuff ;)

28. jishness Trainee Engineer

None of Servitor's stuff was touched by the toolbox. Just the victim of a very very rare bug. ):

Ulf suggested a bunch of mods. I went through them and picked out what I thought would benefit the server, add some cool things, without massively increasing the mod download size. Working on changing the speed of the server right now.

As for the other mods, here's links to all of them:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340933439
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356806387
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=352979261
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=372803748
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297487723
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301049181

A bigger solar panel, two new sizes of thruster, some new cockpits, sturdier gyroscopes, and a less laggy interior wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  29. Ulfsark Master Engineer

\o/ And now, to build.

30. MrBunBun Trainee Engineer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321588701

Please, please.....please, add this mod. I have been using this since it first came out and have never had any problems.

Imagine docking your welding ship and in seconds it has filled itself with a predetermined amount of parts. Or, your mining ship, and it not only empties out all by itself, but also splits all the incoming ore over you ENTIRE refinery bank. No more clogging your first 1 or 2 refineries, while the rest churn on empty. Reactors that only take in a set amount of fuel, and do not steal from one another. You can actually have a container automatically take in all the uranium ingots, while not starving the reactors, so you can actually have a "fuel tank".

I also will offer my help to anyone in setting up there system, and/or teaching how to set it all up ingame. It may look complicated at first, but once you get the system down it really easy. Especially since for alot of the stuff you only need to type out the line once, then just copy paste it onto the rest.

This mods DOES NOT use the new scripting feature, or computer blocks. Another reason I love this mod.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.