Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

TeamRook Server: Autoaccepting Steamgroup

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by jishness, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Echillion Senior Engineer

In one way I was peed off at getting disconnected the other day but looks like it was a blessing in disguise considering whats been going on! hopefully I can get back on,build my base and helpout the others rebuild if needed? we'll just have to wait and see :)

2. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Oh the server is up and running.... hop on in.

3. Servitor Trainee Engineer

This is what happen atm in my base.
    Everything gets sorted to where it should be.

I know the mod, and used it bevore the programming blocks came out.
    The only problem i have with it is, that it uses the english names of everything, wich leads me to get confused whats where sometimes ;)

But it has some nice abilities, that programming blocks don't have.

I don't really care if it is added or not, would only be nice to get informed if it is ;)

A word to the other mods:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301049181
    Large Solar Panel (+25%)

I'm ok with that. Looks nice.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297487723
    Kiith's Proper Medium Thruster

Sound's nice. I don't care much about it ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=372803748
    TVSI-Tech Interior Floor (Replacement)

That's something i realy don't care. Add it or not. Im not using Interior blocks at all.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=352979261
    TVSI-Tech XL Thruster

Looks nice too. I would be ok with that.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=356806387
    SP Cockpit

Why not. Some of them are looking terrible and i will shoot at it asap if i see them, but some of them are really nice.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340933439
    Encased Gyroscope - a more streamlined gyroscope

No Questions, that one is a must have. I'm wondering since i saw the first gyroscop ingame why they are only fixed at one point to the ship they are about to turn around.

4. jishness Trainee Engineer

I added that inventory sorting mod. This is a heads up to everyone, the FTL mod is probably going to be removed. Its causing crashes or unstable jumps that is blowing up stuff. It'll be replaced with a skybox that has a speedmod. Skyboxes often change the direction of the sun, so I would like to advise everyone to install some backup power source to their bases like batteries or reactors.

If you know of a speedmodded skybox you like (We're looking for max speeds of 500 or lower) please suggest it here.

5. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

6. Ulfsark Master Engineer

The skybox doesn't need to be replaced. Skybox and speed are now seperate. I believe you just need to have the speed at the top of the list.
    Also, I'd suggest a speed mod that has the larger ship equal to or SLOWER than the smaller ships, since if you're moving a large carrier with smaller ships, the ships will undoubtedly rip off.

7. jishness Trainee Engineer

The speed settings are in Environment.sbc, which I also know is where the sun settings are stored. I'm not a modder and haven't experimented with it much but it seems to me this file is used by skyboxes, so I believe if there is a skybox mod it will conflict with a mod that just affects the speed. If you have anything to point me to that would explain this I'd be happy to look at it.

8. MrBunBun Trainee Engineer

Omg, thank you so much for adding my request!! Ima gona be so busy getting everything set lol

9. Ulfsark Master Engineer

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3754
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/update-01-065-communications-7251384?&trail=15

10. Servitor Trainee Engineer

Give me time to setup a line of antennas. If not i will lose my second base. Atm i just can reach it with FTL, because i have no idee in what direction it is.

Edit: I just noticed, the line of antennas is going to be complicated, because i have no direction ;)

Maybe i can do something with the programming block. Just don't remove FTL too quick.

EDIT 2:

Ok, I found a solution. I will remove all of my remaining FTL-Blocks in about 4 hours.

Maybe it is a good idee to deassembler these blocks bevore removing the mod ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  11. jishness Trainee Engineer

Cargo ships have been re-enabled with today's patch fix. If the sim speed seems unreasonably low, send me a steam message and I'll investigate, but I'm hoping the patch fixed everything. :)

Edit: Everyone needs to start putting beacons on their ships. You don't need to have them powered on or broadcasting, but you do need a beacon on the ship. Trash collection isn't working well enough and sometimes broken ship pieces collect around and never get deleted because they have too many blocks, tiny amounts of power, or some other reason. If all the ships have beacons that will let me know what can or can't be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  12. Spoonfed Trainee Engineer

I may give your server a try. How many people play regularly?

13. jishness Trainee Engineer

Between the hours of 3-11 PM EST 2-4 people. I think. I haven't been on as much the past couple days. I just logged off and there were 3 others online.

14. Emu83 Trainee Engineer

Found my black ship punched into crf main base today. I logged in and couldn't find it and went looking. I started repairs. Not sure what's missing from the main base. Someone must of hacked my ship and flew it into the base.

15. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

Yeah I saw that. Cargo containers gone, too. :(

16. jishness Trainee Engineer

I'll keep the server updated and add/remove mods if you guys ask but I don't think I'm gonna be on very much in the near future. Sorry. :/

17. Emu83 Trainee Engineer

Yeah, keep it going. Good group of players here. Thanks

18. Servitor Trainee Engineer

Ah well, just logged in... Heres what i found:
    My base is half destroyed (cargo containers with all my stuff, only a few are left, not enough to rebuild anything), my mining ship is gone, thi green grinder ship thing too and one of my welding ships and I have a ship there wich is not mine, it belongs to Faction CFX and is named Firefox.

It would be some kind of complete new start for me. I don't think I'm going to do that again. Just to annoying to build everything again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  19. Mesarim Trainee Engineer

that's the dangers of being too close to an asteroid or the center. you need to move far and wide and become mobile.

there are entire discussions regarding people stealing equipment and destroying bases, etc.

In the end, multiple sites, a group of people, simple defenses, and just being far away enough so not to be found appear to be the best solutions.

You see this in all games, DayZ, H1Z1, and any other pvp openworld, you are just another animal/resource to be farmed, and unless you can hide, or be stronger than they are, you can't do anything about it.

Some of the open pvp servers are like that, you join, go mine for simple resources, and you get immediately raped. Others, usually community based servers, a small squad will come, use very little resources, scout, and rape the entire server for fun, and never return.

It's human nature to be like that, a bit like pirates in the seas, or brigand and thieves on land.

So the only advice is to be stronger than they are, put more time and effort into being hidden, and fight to keep it. And if you do lose it, you don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

20. Servitor Trainee Engineer

First thing i have done was go away from center.

I've had multible bases bevore stupid bug things happened. (Like the FTL was broken and removed etc.)

How about the 12 Gattling Turrets with over 5000 ammo in reserve?

Problem was: There was some kind of mess up on this server some time ago, you'll find in in some posts ago. And bevore i was able to regenerate from that, THIS thing happens.

Maybe get informed next time bevore acting like I'm not able to recognize the simplest and obvious things....

AND: I know this things happen. I'm only not willing to do such a restart over and over again at the same place.

21. exorcarnifex Apprentice Engineer

Yeah my base was trashed too, Servitor. Emu's ship, which belongs to the CFX faction too, was crashed into my base. HUGE hole in my main base, ALL but two of my cargo containers gone, some ships gone. And our Firefox was missing. :(

**EDIT** Just logged in to see what Emu was able to do, and I was wrong. all of our cargos were destroyed. So we have, legit, nothing to rebuild with. *sigh*

22. jishness Trainee Engineer

Closed the server, hope everyone had fun but after the big griefing and me not getting on to maintain stuff I think its time for it to go.

23. Servitor Trainee Engineer

Oh yes, until the "Chain of Disasters" happend, it was fun.
    I don't like to see servers die, but yes. Under the given circumstances it seems to be
    the right choise.

Maybe I'll see some of you one day on a USF-Server.
    My offer for a visit is still valid ;)
    And even without that: We're going to open one of the servers to public.
    It would be nice to see one or two of you there ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.