Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

That was hot. Fun stories from MP!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mike55520, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Mike55520 Apprentice Engineer

So, i was minding my own business on some random server working on my 3rd orbital station, when a raider in some decent looking large grid fighter came poking his bullets in my business, not seeing the light war vessel i had parked behind the station, which i promtly boarded, and vaporised roughly half of the dudes ship almost immediately, kek.

what was really fun to watch (a first for me tbh) was the realization that i had taken off the dudes drive section....in the planets gravity well.
    now were only talking .6 Gs where this occurred, but now devoid of power or thrust this dudes ship started getting sucked in, and i can only imagine the freakout when the realization that you and your very expensive fighter are plummeting helplessly into the planet.

This just happened 15 or so minutes ago, and im still giggling

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

That's pretty awesome.

I've actually been in a similar situation to the other guy.

For me it was with the vanilla/yellow escape pod that i had modified to hold two refineries and assemblers at the back, with a couple of extra reactors, thrusters and turrets. I was busy mining iron at a nearby asteroid until I hear my turrets fire up. I turn around and someone in a small, heavily armored fighter was taking pot shots at my ship. By the time I'd gotten back inside, they had already disabled both turrets, so I quickly set course back to the nearby planet.

Few seconds later, the power goes out and I see a giant hole in the side of my ship. The fighter tried to clamp my ship (I assume so they can take it back to scrap for materials) but ended up damaging themselves on my hull somehow, so they retreated and left me drifting toward the planet.

They' had taken out two reactors and disabled the third. I spent the next 10 minutes trying to salvage pieces from different systems around the ship in a desperate attempt to repair the last reactor, but in the end, I was missing about 10 - 15 reactor parts. No power meant I couldn't refine/assemble any.

My ship died a horrible death on impact with the planet surface, but I managed to survive by bailing out and firing my jetpack during the last few hundred meters. All that was left was a few pieces of hull, a seat and a couple of thrusters.

I would go through all of that again if I had to, because it was great fun. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

something tells me it went a little like this...

4. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I am seriously vonsidering about rigging my friends fighter with a warhead and a sensor so that fighter explodes to shithereens 1 minute after it stops detecting our base.

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

That's almost as mean as the time we raided a base but left their medbay up... with powered-on welders all around it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I have tought about making this with sensor warhead too

7. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

This was a while ago (around 2015) but I was on this PVP server and I found this guys base with a little script of mine. Marked its co-ords, made a warp co-ord a few KM's out and also noted its owner. There is no fun in offline raiding so I waited the arrival of its owner..

A few hours later the owner game online "Player has connected to server". Immediately I beamed my ship to the warp co-ords about 4kms out from his base. Hopped onto the camera and sure enough I could see him zipping around in his jet pack doing stuff.

Then I lined it up and hit the magic button to launch my cluster munitions and well his base vanished in almost an instant. On first contact his giant ship base thing seemed to buckle and recoil from the impact then it rotated like a swing and then finally it began splitting apart.

It must have had a lot of large cargo container stored inside because there was suddenly a lot of giant rocks moving about rapidly inside. Needless to say the owner wasn't too happy. He typed in global along the lines of "wtf my containers just exploded". Then I typed back "probably a bug". He then followed with "fkn game. I'm done with this". After that he left the server and well I never saw him again or since. I'm guessing he stopped playing.

Here is a Before and After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Classic. :woot:
    It's always so Thrillingly evil doing stuff like that.
    takes me back to my minecraft days using a dispenser to shoot a fire charge at an enemy house made of wood.

9. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Here is a video of my 'Doom Grid' a much bigger version of the above (the Lancer above shot just 25 at once) that I made a year or so later firing at an enemy base complex armed with numerous turrets. This thing shot 400 at once from a 20x20 grid. Basically a giant space shotgun that I used to 'remove' enemy bases from a good distance away.

Upon firing this thing the entire server came to a halt for about 20 seconds then resumed. This thing cut ships in half while other ships simply disintegrated. In the video there is a long defense platform thing filled with turrets. When part of this cluster hits it, it basically evaporates. The base I hit had hit me a week and a half before previously. So this might have been a case of excessive force but I'll put it down as getting even ;)

I made this device on a server that had projectors disabled. This was the most efficient way to do maximum damage, in the smallest amount of time with the least amount of effort. Each weapon had to be manually welded and all up it took about 45 minutes to fully weld the 400 projectiles.

[​IMG]

My first design before I made the bigger one was what I called the CRT Monitor because well it kind of resembled an old monitor. This thing shot 100 munitions at once.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....175/6D1BEAD045FBA0BB781EA5477359448A45B9E686/

Some single player testing images:
    The test target was a large ship weighing 120 million tonnes all made of heavy armor 4-5 layers thick with other stuff in between.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....803/1A7479CC0AFFBE0ED172884852A056D7525F5BB5/
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....666/642746F4C540F30E38751671892E940576D0F374/

10. Roxette Senior Engineer

I was just having a LotR moment...

[​IMG]

11. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

maybe someday we'll be able to play space engineers online and not...
    Super Hot but from the red guys perspective and the player is actually afk so everything is actually moving really really slowing and it's not ok.
    [​IMG]

12. Roxette Senior Engineer

This seemed like a bold strategy for moon mining on a server...

[​IMG]

... let's see if it pays off for him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprisingly, despite the klangy visuals, nothing of value was lost :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Chaosrex Apprentice Engineer

One of my faction mate, pulled a mean "prank" on another player.

The guy was pretty green and new in SEand asked a lot of questions, wich received positives responses and of course trolls and shitty responses, the usual.

My Mate decided to help the guy, by "selling" him a ship, that he could use to start "...don't worry dude, its an older ship that i don't use anymore, its just there collecting dusts anyways..."

He puts me in the loop and asks me to follow him to the RDV point to be "witness"( taking screenshots)

He had stuffed the ship with warheads...

We come to the RDV point and the guy is happy to have a brand new ship, and is discussing with my Mate while i'm a bit farther, then 10 secs later, the whole ship is obliterated bare for a few blocks drifitng...

My mates died, but for some odd reason the other dude din't, he asks confused on the chat what happened, my mate answer that maybe we got attacked by someone, and since i was the only ship around the other dude deduce that i'm the aggressor...

My mate of course rezed at my medbay and took a seat, in my small heavy corvette, and we litteraly pissed our pants, when the guy tried to ram me with his starter yellow bus...

I will remember the sight for the rest of my live, we see him coming straigth for me and when he was about to impact, i turned my turrets on, and my missile turret took near point black shoot at him, exploding the whole front of the starter ship, the rest of it bouncing off my heavy armor...

Oh god, it was epic...

14. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

haha this seems awsome :p i like SE it dosent have too much combat but when you encounter it its awesome :p

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.