Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The community has spoken; 93% wants to engineer and build.

Discussion in 'General' started by xwhitemousex, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Feanarang Trainee Engineer

Even if this is an April Fool's joke, it's a terrible one. Can we get a mod to lock this topic? It's a complete misrepresentation of the facts from the poll.

2. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

You sir would make a great politician! Lying like a professional!

93% didn't say they WANT to engineer and build.

The question was: Do you play cooperative or competetive?

Only 7% responded they do play now competetively! Why? Well because there is basicly no way to play competetively now! Weapons work only on small ships, no faction, no ownership, no dedicated servers, no buttload of things needed for competetive gameplay. I don't understand why the question wasn't: Would you prefer to play cooperative or competetive?

3. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

The poll was legit..it was put up by Mark Rosa.
    Yes it states that only 7% play pvp and 52% Coop, the rest play both...

Mark states "Only 7% of you play with a competitive style, which can be explained by the current lack of differentiation between friends and enemies. Or it can be explained by the fact that Space Engineers is an engineering game and not a FPS".

4. becca Trainee Engineer

i play on my own and wish for all those things PvP is always thrown out there and really how ever much id love to battle my friends etc none of us have the time to get together and play a proper game ... right now how many people acturally play mp when the server list half the time doesnt even get a scroll option ... he may have made them % up but tech its not far from the truth i bet it is less that 10% of all the people who paid to play this game have even tried mp i a sense of not just joining a server and Fn about with nothing constructive at all

5. CPTANT Trainee Engineer

Saying only 7% plays competitive is not what follows from the poll at all. The poll results show that 47% play competitive and 93% play cooperative. The 2 choices are not mutually exclusive AT ALL.

6. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

The Question in the poll asks.. Do you play cooperative or competitive..?

Result: coop 52.98%
    competitive 7.11%
    both 39.92
    Just the facts Mam.

7. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Well, now that we have all learned a valuable lesson, about making stats say what you want them to... 2 days until the update!

8. CPTANT Trainee Engineer

Yes and "both" voters should be counted towards both catagories, since as I said the categories are not mutually exclusive.
    so the amount of people that play competitive is 7.11+39.92%=47% just as the amount of people that play cooperative is 93%.

Just the facts, sir.

9. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

[/QUOTE]

[ Yes and both voters should be counted towards both catagories, since as I said they are not mutually exclusive.
    so the amount of people that play competitive is 7.11+39.92%=47% just as the amount of people that play cooperative is 93%.

Just the facts, sir.] [/QUOTE]

wtf? how the hell do you start adding them together..?

Result: coop 52.98%
    competitive 7.11%
    both 39.92

10. CPTANT Trainee Engineer

Because this question is from a logic perspective not 1 question at all but 2? The answer to the one does not influence the answer to the other one at all.

question 1: do you play competitive? yes/no
    question 2: do you play cooperative? yes/no

53% of the people say no to the first question and yes to the second
    7% of the people say yes to the first question and no to the second
    40% of the people say yes to both questions

So 47% answer yes to question 1
    and 93% answer yes to question 2

how is this odd?

edit: (in this example however it would be possible to answer no to both, an option that was lacking in the poll)

11. Deggy Trainee Engineer

...Because it's not actually a pie chart, it's a Venn Diagram.

The players that marked "Both" are actually members of both groups.

12. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

There was only one question, The Question in the poll asks.. Do you play cooperative or competitive..?

39.92 % of people say BOTH

The others played either coop or competitive excusive...

Seems really simple. Why add the 7% to the 39% that already said both ?

Fyi the answer to the poll was a pie chart.

13. Deggy Trainee Engineer

Because they said that they want play co-op and competitively.

You can't say that "only 7% want competitive play" from those results. You can say that "Only 7% want exclusively competitive play."

But the number of players that want competitive play to be a part of the game is much larger than 7%.

14. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

I see your point but the 7% play excusive, so cannot count towards both. More options on the poll may
    have helped.

15. Deggy Trainee Engineer

You are correct, the 7% do play exclusive.

But the 39% do not.

This is why you can't say that only 7% want competitive play. There are 7% that want only competitive play, and there are 39% that want competitive play in addition to cooperative play.

16. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

The question wasn't if they want to play cooperative/competetive but if they do now play cooperative/competetive!
    Given the current state of the game this is a huge difference!

17. Mad Mike Apprentice Engineer

I play both myself and I'm all for more things like factions.

I was more surprised at the 75% that play survival in x1
    Lol I do to, thought I was in a minority on that one though.

And more surprised still at only 13% playing creative now....

18. Barrio575 Apprentice Engineer

I still do creative, mainly as a testbed though, always figured that is what it was for, besides just random building :)

19. Draygo Senior Engineer

Um this exists right now.

20. CPTANT Trainee Engineer

Ok, final try.

two simple questions:

what is the percentage of players that currently play competitive?
    what is the percentage of players that currently do not play competitive?

21. Dragongaze13 Trainee Engineer

I didn't read but I want massive PvP stuff and persistent RP-PvP servers.

22. Shiliski Apprentice Engineer

Maybe English isn't your first language so I'll just say it plainly.

He was being sarcastic. As in, he was making a joke.

23. Igneous01 Apprentice Engineer

just let me build weapons, all i care for are de shoosties

24. Ambient Trainee Engineer

Who in their right minds want this game to be Competitive?

I cant even type that last phrase without laughing.

25. OMalley Trainee Engineer

The only reason I chose "both" and not competitive is because there is not enough competitive content yet... Please give us more, we already have enough building options. Time to get the space war on!

Don't skew facts OP :sneaky:

26. Marneus Apprentice Engineer

I have spoken?

I think not.

As multiple people have stated, this is skewing the facts. We currently play with what we have.

27. JoshB Trainee Engineer

I love to build.

That being said I love the idea to test what I've built with other creations and perhaps see how well they destroy each other.

I like the idea of standards for Exploration Submissions and would want to consider an idea with the Re-Spawn Ship system. If say I could join any server and have a standardized Re-Spawn Ship I can create myself in creation it would add a whole new level of PvP play without taking away from the creation bit. In fact if there was a setting for the world to say create your own limitations on large ship and small ship respawn creations you could give the players the chance to set their own standards for PvP play without once again, deviating whatsoever from the creation aspect.

28. DDP-158 Master Engineer

And yet another necro discussing a poll that is 7 months old and should be done again to see if the community has changed it's mind. Seriously though, I'm cool with old posts as long as they remain relevant, but so far everything that has been brought back from the dead recently has been severely outdated and no longer valid. Check the time stamps people.

29. Wombats Junior Engineer

Please stop necroing these old useless threads. They didn't mean much then and they sure as hell don't mean anything now.

30. Volfram Senior Engineer

As much as I agree with this sentiment, it's not just one person, it's a different person for each necro thread.

At least, it's a different account for each necro thread.

But yes, there's no logic in digging back to find the oldest possible thread on a subject when you can find a newer, more relevant one. Also, forum etiquette has changed in the past decade. When I was in my teens, it was polite to necro old threads instead of making a new one. Now it's considered polite to just post a new thread if the thread you're looking at is more than a month old.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.