Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The Great Physics Inquisition Begins!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by GDFKingTigerTank, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Danzarlo Apprentice Engineer

They don't require much power in the long run only enough to get you to max speed then you just turn it off and drift to your desired location

2. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Well gravity generators in station are running all the time.

3. Danzarlo Apprentice Engineer

Mine aren't i turn everything off that uses more than my solar panels can handle when im not in

4. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Well I do and this argument is starting to get to a ridiculous point because we're now arguing over who keeps their gravity generators on and who doesn't.

5. Danzarlo Apprentice Engineer

I didn't realise we were arguing i way just telling the robots of the internet what to do to save power.

6. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Whatever you are just going off topic

7. Danzarlo Apprentice Engineer

Thats my speciality!

8. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

it's not like this thread is super serious, feel free to go a little off topic!

9. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Well the Pope demands to stay on top!!!

10. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

11. svcworker Trainee Engineer

Intelligence service reporting several heretics buildings in progress:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=265068659

12. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

THEN THEM IN THE PIT OF DOOM AND EXCOMMUNICATE THEM.

13. svcworker Trainee Engineer

heh im travelling on tier 1 mining ship

bring help
    sending position to fleet

*end of transmission

14. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

This is fleet command

Use of deadly force approved if at first negotiation fails

If resistance is encountered all heretics are to be executed

discretion is advised

-command out

15. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Nein exterminate all resistance. No negotiations, eliminate the infidels.
    TAKE NO PRISONERS.

-Inquisitor out

16. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

bring them to me, that i may render judgment

17. Vermillion Senior Engineer

The Physics Inquisition needs it's own private server.

18. wolfoberg Trainee Engineer

Agreed

19. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

You could use the USE server there are around 90 people on it right now. We are making multiple servers linked doing an RPG style of servers allowing massive comercial trade.

Edit: my faction has merged with the USE but we are like the banking subgroup within it and the USE and their allies were able to offer us an epic linked server group

20. Martinineter Senior Engineer

We indeed need a server, sharing heritic ship capture designs and stuff would be nice (especially for those large-ass heritical warships)

21. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Well we will have an epic server

22. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

It needs 3 servers one in EU, one in US and one in Asia region !
    I would consider being one of the hosts/payers for the Asia server if you guys/girls decided to go that way.
    I would sponsor a server in Australia to be specific and so far this is the most worthwhile clan/faction/group out there in my personal opinion.
    Nothing against any other clan/group, just personal choice.

23. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Well definitely do that we won't have the RPG server on yet, if you choose once it's up you can migrate into a server group that allows you to have your own turf and fight other factions.

24. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

It might be best to have one server, at least until enough people are on it.

25. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Well we already have 300 people who go on our server regularly amd we normally have 100 people. Once we get the RPG function up we expect to have more. The server group is linked so it techically is one server. I can get you guys contact to the creators so you could get faction turf.

26. Deadlock989 Apprentice Engineer

We have 9000

27. wisdomtd Trainee Engineer

*Diabolical entry*

NOBODY SUSPECTS THE KLINGON PHYSICS INQUISITION!
    I will fight those who move without the honor of newton

saw the picture on the wiki, knew I had to join. I am a big fan of monthy python and after I had actually read the wiki I knew this was perfect. I haven't been doing much MP but I have always put my thrusters facing outwards and trying to place them both aesthetic and functionally. as for the Klingon, I like the look of Klingon space ships and I am building my ships/stations with klingon designs in mind but adapting for gameplay. and the only reason I saw for inward thrusters is in order to recreate something from fiction/real life these should however not be used in MP.

reading through the forum has taken some time but it has been loads of fun and has been some good brain food. I always enjoy arguments even those that go way beyond silly. and I always try to view it from many views. and as such here is some of my brain droppings

first with the use of thrusters( a small number) inside your ship for the purpose of killing your boarding enemies. it would have to be in a room which only functions as a fry room and you would have to turn it off whenever you dont have enemies on board you would not want your fry room on while flying.

as for gravity generators I think that they give lots of options for weapons or inventions. and I feel that as it is a game and it is a different reality(roleplay) than our own and this allows for some magic. and gravity generators are common in space games because they improve gameplay and not be stuck in difficult engineering to create gravity. gravity drives though are taking it a bit to far I think while gravity launched ships/torpedoes and bombs would not be. this is newtons 3rd law based.

and now as a klingon space engineer (thats the way I would roleplay my designs) have new standards for honor. also have have played 40k during the 3rd and 4th edition but I was a tyranid player. but I think I can build small shrines on my ships. and I wil find a way to adept the red and black with klingon green. once I have actually finished building my designs I will post them.

28. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

hey, good to see a new member!

29. Koku Ryu Trainee Engineer

An idea for ship design. Hide your status as an Inquisitor until just the right moment to attack the heretics.

(because nobody expects the physics inquisition)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

30. Floseidon Trainee Engineer

Ir you can sneak on board enemy ship and deheretifiy the ship with charges :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.