Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The "I Made A Thing But Didn't Want To Make A New Topic" Thread.

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Sofa, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

Hello Engineers,

I made a new thing; not as good as the piston but I like it.

Sincerely,
    -Ivan

The Thing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Merandix Junior Engineer

And another wagon, this time a small one for logging.

Finally wrapped my silly head around making the stockpiles look at least a little good, while having a steerable front axle, but it does take some more planning. You now need to start the wagon from the front-axle. Would still greatly appreciate it if the storage blocks were even-width. Would also appreciate it if wagons would actually be able to carry more stuff than me.

Still hoping for draft-animals.

Workshop link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=925786347

• Like Like x 2
  5. mathias casaer Trainee Engineer

a regular day in the Artemis farming business

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Everyone know story about Tower of Babel and how humanity did fail reach heavens... But i did reach a Space :pbjt: not even the almighty Clang was able to stop me ! :clang: MUHAHA :clang: more luck in next update.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

SI on or off?

8. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Structural integrity is off, but i did leave empty space inside tower for voxels terrain. So i can later fill it and switch integrity on. ( I have it off for safety of building, you never know when will you load world and see blocks falling from the sky :D )

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

10. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

The Schlossfaust. All terrain siege wagon. It fits through the front gate and can span standard drawbridge moats..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

Hello Engineers,

I am now starting season 3. Goring for a Nordic theme this time. :D

Happy Building,
    -Ivan

12. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

When you play ME too long... you start notice strange thinks...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. CanOmer Junior Engineer

DS
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

That is awesome!

15. ZeroCore Apprentice Engineer

Experiments with Clang Engines, or as I sometimes call them, "Clang Dynamos":

[​IMG]

This one sort of looks like an actual engine (as in, internal combustion).

[​IMG]
    Here, you can see the internal workings and get an idea as to how I built this thing. The five "square rings" are held together with 1x1 pieces of round timber, and held in place on the sides by 4 1x1 pieces of round timber, 4 per ring with 2 per side in an "x" shape. This makes the rings very stable, and provides no room for them to move around.

The RPM this thing generates is enough to make my frame rate drop.

Make of that what you will (admittedly my computer needs more ram).

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the low light.

This a very large clang engine/dynamo that I thought of prior to me thinking up the 5-ringed one you saw before. This is made of 9 smaller units, single ringed, linked together on one axle.

[​IMG]
    This thing is very complex, and does not generate the huge level of RPM the smaller, 5-ringed one does.

I mostly made this Super Clang Dynamo for the sake of it being big.

Whilst I'm on the subject: I hereby move to make the term "Clang Dynamo" a suitable stand-in or synonymous term with the phrase "Clang Engine", as I think the term "Clang Dynamo" sounds cool. I do not mean to replace the term "Clang Engine", but merely provide another term that can be used interchangeably with it.

Also, I've tried to put these on carts. It doesn't work without gears to connect the things to the axles, and directly building a clang dynamo/engine onto the axle doesn't really work that well. If anyone from Keen is reading this, please consider adding gears (of various sizes and teeth numbers) into Medieval Engineers.

I'd very much like to make a Clang Engine/Clang Dynamo powered cart, or "Clang Wagon".

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  16. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

@Merandix, I love that workshop idea! I haven't truly started building a castle yet, but I will definitely have to include something like that in it when I finally do! And your wagon is pretty nifty, too. Seems large enough to do what you need without being so big that you can't move it, even on flat ground. And a portable respawn point would definitely help with exploring.

17. Merandix Junior Engineer

@sonicthe Thanks. Main problem is that I first thought our character wasn't that strong. But turns out we can actually haul pretty decent tonnages up pretty decent percentages of grade.

The actual problem is that because of the size of the planet (tiny!) almost every natural grade is super steep, so there are almost no 'decent' percentages of grade, every grade is huge. So you will need to build a small hoist to get it up- and downhill. For regular transport, you'd need a graded road-system.

This is why I'm still hoping for some things like linen cloth to use for a roof and planks to make the wagon much lighter. And especially draft-animals. (!!!)

While the workshop is nice, it's actually easier to just stick a pole in to the ground, build the cart on that, then when done, delete that pole and bam done. Less immersive, but a lot quicker. The workshop does make stuff slightly easier to reach though. Especially if you would place some platforms made of timbers on either side of the wagon.

-edit- The ideal form-factor for a wagon is actually a tad smaller even, this one doesn't really fit through a castle gate.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  18. ZeroCore Apprentice Engineer

I know I brought this up in the Discord chat, but I figured I'd post it here too:

[​IMG]

Keen,

[​IMG]

please

[​IMG]

Add

[​IMG]

Lightning.

Why no one else has thought of this joke yet, I'll never know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. CanOmer Junior Engineer

Ebenheim Village (DS)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Ivan_Cornelius Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  22. CanOmer Junior Engineer

Ebenheim Tavern Interior (WIP):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  23. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Favorite part - the deer on the spit.

24. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Just something I've been wanting to try out... Medieval tracer rounds!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Bending Clang to my will.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Throws a little further than a catapult arm.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. HC Zultron Trainee Engineer