Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The respawn ship to end all respawn ships! Uni-Tech inaugural release.

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by JamesL86, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JamesL86 Senior Engineer

Universal Technologies is proud to present our first public vessel design, the OFSV. This ship can do it all! Mining, refining, assembling, grinding, and welding, all in one compact design. Perfect for the beginner survivalist or in a multiplayer environment where the players may be pressed for time and what to get right into the adventure. I have done my best to test this vessel in MP but your mileage may vary.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310421977

Multiplayer Disclaimers:

Not tested in dedicated servers; only in listen/hosted servers.

This vessel uses pistons quite a bit. Some folks don't have much issues with them in MP, though some do.

Vessel requires use of Landing Gears against asteroids. This has been know to cause issues in MP.

If you are interested in using this vessel in MP, be sure to run a test map first.

2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Very thorough demo! :D

3. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

It looks cool, well done.
    But!
    In my experience, you want to make respawn ships as minimalistic as possible, that thing will inflict massive damage when griefers come on and ram/shoot stuff (and they will)

4. JamesL86 Senior Engineer

Aye, I would not use this on a public server, Neotician. I, am not even that crazy lol.

5. JamesL86 Senior Engineer

To the many folks that have already subscribed to this vessel, please feel free to leave any feedback about what your experiences with it here, on the mod's workshop page, or in the comments of the Youtube video. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.