Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Theriannet offical launch!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TherianUlf, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Server rebooted, I changed the volume of ammo back to the default, hopefully this fixes the overcapacity errors.

2. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

Trying to add you on steam but its not giving me any results, server needs a reboot again.

3. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Server was rebooted, I fly home tomorrow so I'll be a more active admin.

4. gi_ty Apprentice Engineer

I have noticed the lag when accessing the inventory, here is a link to a tool you may find helpful: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/for-those-of-you-running-servers-i-made-a-tool-to-significantly-reduce-the-lag-6990850?pid=1283564096#post1283564096

5. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

I Plan to use this utility when i get home, My flight is today, I just applied the update to the server. Enjoy everyone!

6. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Daddy's home kids!
    I'm going to start doing some maintenance work to the server right away!
    thanks for everyone's patience while I was out of town.
    -Therian

7. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

The server had been cleaned and updated!
    This includes, Removing a whole bunch of unused blocks (anything without a major block on it), Removing 3000+ player entries, and fixing the center asteroid.
    The center asteroid has been replaced, anything on that asteroid has been moved. I apologize, if something you own got moved or deleted, but I will not alter it. I'm sorry we just have too many players.
    The center asteroid is now made up of: 35% Iron 30% Magnesium 15% Cobalt 10% Nickel and 10% uranium. Have fun fighting for it.
    -Therian

8. KorbenDallas Trainee Engineer

Good news!

Still easily the most stable server I've played on. No 'no message from server' every 15 seconds.

9. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

after cleaning we have ran into a problem.
    Factions don't work. there are two fixes.
    Fix one, Wipe the server. start over again.
    fix two, wipe the factions list.
    please vote, ill fix it by the end of the night, until then, factions are locked to their current form, please dont try to open the factions page, your client will crash.
    -Therian

10. gi_ty Apprentice Engineer

Wipe factions, I don't want to lose all my work.

11. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

please vote with the poll, thanks for voting!
    -Therian

12. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

Of course the uninvested will win and the server will be wiped, screwing those of us who have acutally spent hours working on our bases and ships. :(
    We give up

13. carazvan Trainee Engineer

3 days buildup for a massive ship worked out great as we had an epic fight between CuA and NvD factions on Therian's server. As you see this fight remember this is a 2x all server so those builds took plenty of time/effort:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FULL ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/XNHcl

14. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Server is experiencing some technical difficulties (crashed and won't start) Trying to fix, please stand by

15. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Server is updated to 1.040 and running.
    Enjoy!

16. DMMWolf Apprentice Engineer

So funny story

Establish a Hidey hole on an asteroid. Am getting ready to move my Medbay off my deep space rig to the hideout. Land my small ship on my rig and begin deconstruction. Behind me, NOT where I am cutting, my small ship glitches out, destroys some critical components that are part of its design, flies into me and crashes into the medbay I was deconstructing for transport..........

I of course Die..........

I was in the process of deconstructing my Medbay......

This is a Permadeath server.......

I still haven't been able to find the asteroid cluster I was at lol
    :: facepalm ::

17. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

And it took all night to get the last bit of it done! The battle finally happened at around 5 am in the morning. Was so tired, but hey that's a true war for ya.

18. Auston Taber Trainee Engineer

This server is amazing, really enjoying the interaction with other players.

19. squisher Trainee Engineer

darn hotfixes. cant get in, server needs to be updated ><

20. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Updated. On my phone. I'll fix any problems when I get home.

21. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

TherianNet Backup Fail.

TherianNet has reached such epic proportions in size (67mb) the auto backup failed, and when i attempted to manually backup the world. I can no longer join due to corruption.

We have two options.
    Either we can go to the last working backup on 7/27/14 (the autobackup script fails for files larger then 50MB(i didn't write it.))
    OR
    We can move forward and restart the server, each player is allowed to bring one thing from the old server with them (MAJOR FACTIONS, CUA, NVD, POS MAY ONLY BRING ONE SHARED FACTION VESSEL)

I'm really sorry about this guys, I am no longer going to depend on auto backups. This is my fault.

Poll for what you want to do.
    -Therian

22. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

That would be pretty messed up to restart a second time dude. If you can go back 3 days early then do it, I'm ok with that. We were preparing for that fight you wanted to do, but that would be lost. So if you do go back 3 days early we would need to postpone to the weekend after next. So two weeks.

23. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

we cant postpone the fight, if we roll back, were gunna have to fight right away. because the game world is way to big. we need to destroy some shit.

24. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

From what little our factions have built and little time we've spent is nothing compared to what other servers have done in the past. The fact you either want to wipe the server clean of all of our work, again, or immediately attack us knowing full well we were preparing for the fight you wanted is highly unfair.

I understand issues come up, but its highly unfair and one-sided if we go back 3 days and have you immediately attack us rather than a mitigated offer of an extra 2 weeks that caravan has put to the table. That would also be logically beneficial to the both factions as it is very apparent that we all lost an extremely substantial amount of work and preparation in those 3 active days.

25. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Actually Squish some how nicked a save file before they fixed the client save, back up is now at 7/29/14.

and we lost the same amount of work youre going to have lost.

And yea were gunna attack you tomorrow if we can get the server back up and running.
    It has nothing to do with whats fair or not.
    The reason being, is the server Save file is so large it breaks my auto backup program.
    we need to destroy some entities.

POS, NVD, AND CUA are REQUIRED to be active in combat.

our current server save file is 48mb, once it hits 50, it no longer gets auto backup.

if we waited 2 weeks, the server save would be 130 mb or so.

WE HAVE TO reduce it some by blowing some stuff up. immediately.

-Therian

26. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

The server is up using a backup from 7/29/14. I am going to rectify the situation with the auto backup.
    When i joined, One of our ships for some reason belonged to nobody, let me know if there are any ownership problems you run into.
    again this is entirely my fault and I apologize for any work lost.
    While I will not be restoring work lost, I will help anyone with ownership problems or anything else that could be occurring.

I am going to be looking into new autobackup software.
    -Therian

27. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

This is very very very weird, looks like an even further save. Chronologically some weird stuff is happening. We lost a large ship during the server auto update on the day of the SE hotfix (29th), probably got wiped, colored a mini welder a custom green. Also had a charging station up before that as well as a half welded up ship frame. Also a custom green in the color settings. Here's the weird part. The lost ship is back, the charging station is gone, but the custom green setting is back. Seems like we've travelled further back and warped time, merging the 3 days between into one.

28. DMMWolf Apprentice Engineer

wierdness

29. squisher Trainee Engineer

I lost *all* my small ships. I still prefer the current state of things over starting over from scratch.

30. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Updated server to 1.41
    Construction components build time reduced from 10 seconds to 1
    mag refine eff set from 0.007 to 0.07
    plat refine eff set from 0.005 to 0.015
    Ammo has been modded a bit, now has full Iron cost (to keep from clogging assemblers)

Removed Central roid because of lag issues, added in its place 2 smaller roids.
    Enjoy!
    -Therian

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.