Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Theriannet offical launch!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TherianUlf, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Sooo, the update caused a ton of issues, I cant even contact the server anymore...
    THERE WILL BE A ROLL BACK WITH THE HOTFIX

2. DMMWolf Apprentice Engineer

LMAO we keep rolling back we are going to turn into Tumbleweeds

3. gi_ty Apprentice Engineer

Oh crap, welcome to alpha. :( (is it just me or is this the saddest frowny face ever?)

4. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Better than just DESERTing. BA-DUM CHA!

5. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

Yeah no admin, or anyone one really, could have foreseen what glitches this update would bring. There is no other way but to roll back. If you weren't on the server during all this you missed out! Crap was flying everywhere, guns shooting each other, and people getting kicked out of their own factions left and right. It was both funny and horrifying all at the same time:p

You know some servers are going back to pre-patch. Don't know if it's possible or not for us, but I know quite a few servers are doing it. Be able to figure out the mess we had before instead of having the patching issue compound our problems. Just a thought.

6. DMMWolf Apprentice Engineer

server isn't showing up oin my server list anymore

7. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

Its offline until the faction bug is fixed, no point in running it until that happens.

8. carazvan Trainee Engineer

Guess this was the best time to be searching for an apartment after all ... at least I'm not missing a whole week of SE ;)

9. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

Haha yeah we'll definitely need you when it goes back up. Keep that search up brotha! :)

Edit: MODS!!! We gota get some mods up in here now! Also is the server going back up er....? Been down for a week.

10. Auston Taber Trainee Engineer

Get the server back up!

11. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Server was down because of the faction bug as stated a few times.
    Server will be up some time tomorrow after the hotfix.
    -Therian

12. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

Nice, I'm probably going to be away most of tom. though :( I agree with carl, MODS! Most of the mods I've tried out today seem to be decently balanced and ready to go in survival... Also I dare a faction to build something with that insanely large titan thruster :p (most of Darth Biomech's mods look to be fine, same with most of the DeadTech mods. Embershard's could also be good additions, but the reactor doesn't appear to be balanced yet and I haven't tested those small maneuvering thrusters, the larger thruster is cool though.)

13. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Titan Thrust, armored Thrust, and some cosmetic mods will be some of the mods I pick

14. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Server should be up by noon PST today. I'm going to add a few mods. I'll make sure to post about them here

15. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

Sweeeeeet. Yeah the titan will be fun, but I'm really looking forward to some cosmetic stuff. Make everything have more depth and feel you know. I also tried the "fighter cockpit" to, and I gota say that things is pretty bad a$$. Would love to have that to.

Also I vote we need railguns

16. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Once again, Save functionality isn't working for dedicated servers.
    Server will be up just as soon as that problem is solved.
    -Therian

17. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

Maaaaan. Yeah I've been searching everywhere and I can't believe Keen still hasn't resolved this issue. Alpha sure, but this is a serious matter. Have you thought about trying SE Server Extender, or some other save function? I'm sure we could figure something out.

18. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

The function that writes from the socket to the save file is broken. Without this function no other api based software is going to work.
    -Therian

19. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

Noooooo, I'm going into withdrawal here :(

20. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Lol I've actually been getting more done! Haha
    Though I do hope it's fixed soon

21. dunka Trainee Engineer

Are you using the service method? Console seems to be saving at least, it is even a little more informational.

2014-08-09 07:46:10.973: Exiting..
    2014-08-09 07:46:10.975: Autosave in unload
    2014-08-09 07:46:11.914: Logging off Steam...
    2014-08-09 07:46:11.915: Shutting down server...
    2014-08-09 07:46:11.985: Done
    Server stopped, press any key to close this window

I built, restarted the server and confirmed it save. Of course maybe the service method is broken still.

22. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

While TherianNet is waiting for the save fix patch, I am going to enable a 10X survival server that WILL NOT BE SAVED! ill turn on client saving since it will just be temp.
    but at least we can all hop on and blow some stuff up right?
    -Therian

23. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

TherianNet is finally working again!
    yay!
    Save functionality has just been updated by KSH and we now able to play again.
    However there is one bug, you must change a file in order to use Small ship control panels. if you dont your game will crash

Follow this link and make the changes

-Therian

24. Carl the BedWetter Trainee Engineer

Haha that file is a pain in the butt. First catwalks now control panels. When will it end.

25. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

lol.....
    I feel like the Dictator of a banana republic.
    I'm just gunna go back to SuperCraft game mode.
    Once everything is super duper for sure fixed we will get The Grand Nations game back up and running.
    -Therian

26. carazvan Trainee Engineer

Well I might've found a place ... so I might be returning to usual SE levels ... but is the real server back up or is the backup in place now?

27. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

the server kicked me out of the faction... again... this time because my game crashed while logged in or more accurately counted me as dead and wont let me spawn in my medrooms.

28. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

So I honestly Don't know how to get the server running again, A lot of the factions are missing from this save.....
    So what do we do? Do we wipe and start new? or do we each bring over a single faction vessel? I think that would be fun.

I'm going to do something today.
    Let me know what you want.
    -Therian

29. Trevish Apprentice Engineer

I would say faction vessels at this point maybe? I don't know how that sits with the other factions or if it will even help any with all these annoying little bugs that keep killing play, mostly just hoping that it would help.

30. carazvan Trainee Engineer

Honestly I think a wipe might be the better way to go. Starting anew has some appeal with all the changes made and also might encourage other players to show up before any factions are established.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.