Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Thoughts on Tutorial 10

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by nogare321, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. nogare321 Trainee Engineer

Seemed like a nice simple overview of the small and large (station/ship) grids, as well as the effect pistons/rotors have on the sub grids. Took me a while to work out that one on my own.

One little suggestion, the station blocks probably should be set to indestructible as the supplied grinder can be used to bypass all sections.

2. Malware Master Engineer

Does that matter? This is a tutorial. If one isn't willing to follow the rules to learn, then that's one's own problem :)

3. nogare321 Trainee Engineer

True, but it was the only issue I encountered, and it means you can grind your way through all the doors.

4. Malware Master Engineer

I don't see the problem with that. It's not like the tutorials are challenges to beat. If someone wants to grind their way through the station, then why not? They won't learn anything, but that'd be their own fault. (Shrug) It just doesn't matter, in my opinion.

5. Skinface Trainee Engineer

ah well spotted regarding the stations destructibility, I will correct that for a future update, thanks.

6. nogare321 Trainee Engineer

It doesn't matter in that the tutorials are just there to teach a specific aspect of SE. I agree. If people want to mess with the world in SE during the tutorial, that is fine.

I was more concerned with the fact that the tutorials are going to be the entry into SE for many new players, and thus I want it to be as well done as possible, so someone isn't tempted to think: "Not much time or effort was put into the tutorial(s), maybe they did the same with the rest of the game." and then return the game. I want everyone to see how much work the dev's have put into it, as well as how much fun can be had.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.