Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Throwing-Rotor Weapons are Game Breaking?

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by KPTECH, Jul 30, 2020.

1. KPTECH Trainee Engineer

Basically what's happening here is that I'm messing around with rotors as a cheap accelerator in a creative world. What I did not expect was that this simple machine can launch large grids faster than 100 m/s (Using a timer and antenna: 5km in ~48 seconds) and cause some other strange glitches I'll list below.

Is this a known thing that happens or is this new? I thought it was interesting enough to share.

Glitches (Edit: I have since decided these were specific to the first world I tested this on):
    - If you chase the projectile, it appears you eventually run into an invisible wall that reduces your max velocity forward to ~6 m/s. Fixed after teleportation.
    - You can track the projectile in spectator, but you cannot teleport to it by any means. Stopping the object does not remedy this.
    - Antenna on the projectile does not show up after 'teleporting' to it, so the game likely doesn't put you within 5 km. I haven't tested if you move at all when attempting to teleport to it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

*bangs fist on table*

I demand video footage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KPTECH Trainee Engineer

4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Now that is a funny glitch.

Does the launching platform need to be mobile for it to work or can it work from a stationary base?

5. KPTECH Trainee Engineer

I have not done very much experimentation. I don't know.

6. Soup Toaster Apprentice Engineer

Dude, do you want to tear a hole through the space-time continuum? Because this is how you tear a hole through the space-time continuum.

7. KPTECH Trainee Engineer

I am probably clang's bane.