Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Tired of griefing? New Starter ship!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TherianUlf, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ProfessorFalken Apprentice Engineer

you might want to add the components for a med station so that they are not grabbing a new ship every time they die

2. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Great idea, It is done!

3. Outfrost Apprentice Engineer

I'm so waiting for experienced modders to create admin-scripts so that people can spawn at a common area protected from any grinding, damage and changes in the settings. Like you know, those spawn areas in Minecraft. Something of that kind would be quite useful here.

4. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

you know i like this idea, i think it could be simple as a grace period, where starter ships couldnt be damaged or grind or what not for the first hour or so.
    then the player has time to get away.
    -Therian

5. THE_VB Junior Engineer

If youll add some style to it you may ask Keen to add it as a default one.
    It also may have a passanger seat to pick up hitchhikers :D

6. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

I purposely gave it no style, I wanted it to have the impression of a ball of clay, just the tools to build what you need. I don't want to give people a ready ship, but everything they need to make their own stylised ships.
    Thanks for saying it could be the main start ship, I appreciate it =)
    Therian

7. Geneticus Senior Engineer

What if the respawn ship was noclip to all other blocks but would have collision with asteroids and players? Would that mitigate the problem?

8. Outfrost Apprentice Engineer

No, it would break the physics.

9. THE_VB Junior Engineer

Another version of how the starter ship has to look like:
    [​IMG]
    It is small, swift nad absolutely defenceless agqainst the world.
    The engines have enough power just to be not too slow, the turned on beacon can be used for direct messages and warning experienced players that the noobship is close.
    It also contains a decoy deeply inside, in case of some instant griefing action towards ready players.
    A couple of passenger seats is pretty good if you want to catch someone and let him be with you.
    The default version can be seen in the left part of the screenshot - it is half-disassembled, though it has a medium container, just enough for storing basic items.
    Other vehicles are modifications of the standart model, though they differ a little.

Different tests on the damaging abilities have shown that this ship cannot penetrate even one layer of light armor and is easily destoyed even by interior turrets, that tend to be weak against vehicles.
    Rate it, guys.

10. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Its a cool looking ship, and would make for an easier start.
    i think we need 3, small starting ships, one like mine, which is just the bare necessities, one like this which is more of a shuttle, more complete. and a third one which is just like the current spawn ship, just severely reduced weight and thrust.

11. THE_VB Junior Engineer

@TherianUlf

Sorry, dude, but
    [​IMG]

I tried to make the ship pretty in the style of the devs that wouldn't look like a dangerously looking cube.
    If you ment it to be the starter ship you had to make it absolutely defenceless and more stylish.
    Yours is just a fully covered cube with thrusters sticking out in not good way. A good test of small starter ship idea, though just a prototype.
    And BTW it is still capable of reaching the highest speed, making it a heavier kinetic shell than mine ship. Also it is capable of more "holding" because of it's armor.

Also For now we can have only one type of respawn ship.
    If devs add more faction options, like special spawning ships or something like it, it may work. Until now there can be only one.

12. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Well then, how many people use your respawn ship?
    Because I have 576 unique downloads of mine.
    So maybe starting with a cube ain't so bad.
    -Therian

13. THE_VB Junior Engineer

@TherianUlf

Is it a challenge, umnik?
    I just didnt post mah ship, so...I think i should give it a start, lol.

14. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

You should.
    Until then, my ship is the highlander =p
    The ugly, ugly highlander.
    -therian

15. THE_VB Junior Engineer

Look through some series of the highlander aaand...
    You guess you know who your ship is!
    [​IMG]
    mine will finally have a badass to kill.

16. TherianUlf Apprentice Engineer

Lol I don't have nearly that much style. Post a concrete wall, more appropriate haha

17. THE_VB Junior Engineer

This isnt style dude, just first starting prevelege.

18. Outfrost Apprentice Engineer

A very good build out there, THE_VB! :)

BTW, you guys misspelled HighLANder*. Just FYI :p

*) look it up on YouTube

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.