Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Tone That Breathing Animation Down

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Beezilbub, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Beezilbub Apprentice Engineer

I don't know about the rest of you but the breathing animation doesn't look so much like I'm breathing as it looks like I'm trying to give the business to something with my welder. Seriously.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DanDuncombe Apprentice Engineer

I agree. I have noticed that just when sitting still in space, my character is swinging back and forth. It is kinda irritating when building a small ship.

3. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

It makes me dizy... :(

4. HunterX Apprentice Engineer

I agree, the breathing animation is over done.

5. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

I didn't notice, because I'm usually in first-person view when outside a ship. But yesterday I quickly popped to third-person view and -- holy cats -- my astronaut is hyperventilating! Is there something wrong with his air mix?

That cannot be healthy.

6. fusurugi Junior Engineer

Yeah, ragdoll update brought epilepsy for everyone.

7. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

First person view is when you can really notice it, when you are flying in space. It's like the camera is zooming in and out.

At first I thought my ship was spazing out due to adding some rotors...

8. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

haha when I noticed it it became distracting and I started making erroneous corrections thinking I was just drifting or accidentally bumped it or something-before realizing it was just my character showing off their lung capacity.

9. Shikashi Trainee Engineer

Yeah, its so funny.
    But really confusing me to death.
    As i read some comments here, i lolled so much :D

10. piddlefoot. Apprentice Engineer

I agree, its very distracting and it also makes crap loads of crud in the distance twinkle and becomes annoying pretty fast, put an option in the start of the game setting to turn if of , especially needed for people that suffer from nausea.

In far cry 3 this effect is used when you are stoned or tripping on acid, it feels like zooming in and out abnormally fast , so I gotta ask KEEN, is there magic mushies outside your building ? ! WhY diD yOu dO tHiS !

11. Shikashi Trainee Engineer

Also they should fix that if i thrust forward with my suit, it also thrusts a bit to left(can easily be redone, just fly forwards with suit) , but this doesnt happen with my ships(luckily)

12. Levits Senior Engineer

I'll have to agree with this. That animation is a little over done. I had no idea what was going on and personally I thought it was a ragdoll bug. Now I'm starting to realize that it is suppose to be there. It truly does distract and make building harder as, at times, you end up putting blocks in the wrong place because your camera moved. I'm glad to find that there is an option to turn this off, but it would not need to be done if this movement was toned down a bit.

13. KissSh0t Master Engineer

+1

Please..

14. EternityTide Senior Engineer

Do you know what it reminds me of? When you see a bee land on the ground, when it breathes its entire thorax pulses (it's to do with their respiratory sytem, they have a series of tubes called trachea that suck in air and expel CO2). That's what the breathing animation on the astronaut is like.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bumber Senior Engineer

So the astronaut's face was just a clever disguise...

(Space beeeeeees!)

• Like Like x 1
  16. danibw0i Apprentice Engineer

Was just about to post about it and found this. I understand they wanted to make it more "alive" and realistic but when in 1st person and close to whatever object, during welding, grinding, drilling etc it's become annoying and makes me dizzy.

+1

17. danibw0i Apprentice Engineer

I think this is a great suggestion! Did I mention that before?

18. EternityTide Senior Engineer

The animation should affect the chest, but not the entire body.

19. Code Name D Apprentice Engineer

It's like the avatar is severely overweight or something. (Just in time for female avatars, the guys get beer-guts and spare tires. That'll keep things Family friendly.)

20. Bumber Senior Engineer

21. LostElement Apprentice Engineer

Yes really. It's EXTREMLY obnoxious, and stupidly annoying. I wouldn't mind if it was gone all together.

22. Shikashi Trainee Engineer

Hey, i have got severe overweight, and in sports we often go running, and that quite hard, and even then the SE engineers breathe harder than me :woot:

23. fusurugi Junior Engineer

The way he's shaking, someone forgot to connect the oxygen system with the suit atmosphere.

24. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

I never really go in 3rd person unless I fly a ship but I went checked it out and it's way overdone like wtf?
    So yeah +1

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.