Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Torch Release Thread - SE Server Extender 2

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Jimmacle, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Jimmacle Trainee Engineer

It's here! This is a thread for all releases of Torch and officially recognized Torch plugins.

Torch is the successor to SE Server Extender and gives server admins the tools they need to keep their Space Engineers servers running smoothly. It features a user interface with live management tools and a plugin system so you can run your server exactly how you'd like. Torch is still in development so there may be bugs and incomplete features. Its features include:
    • WPF-based user interface
    • Chat: interact with the game chat and run commands without having to join the game.
    • Entity manager: realtime modification of ingame entities such as stopping grids and changing block settings without having to join the game
    • Automatic updates: Torch can automatically install DS and plugin updates on restart.
    • Organized, easy to use configuration editor
    • Extensible using the Torch plugin system

Torch releases can be found here: https://github.com/TorchAPI/Torch/releases

Plugins:
    The best way to contact me and stay updated is by joining the Torch Discord server: https://discord.gg/7TBcuD4

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rexxar Senior Engineer

First!

Great work Jim!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

Excellent!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Nice work!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Cool! Needs documentation. Everyone hates doing it, but it has to be done.

6. Kainen Trainee Engineer

Hi there. Brand new server Admin checking in. My hosting service suggested that I install this mod, which I did after reading about the features .... but.... I can't seem to find anything anywhere about how to actually *use* said features. Am I just .... dense?

I appreciate your responses in advance!

Kain

7. Jimmacle Trainee Engineer

You're not dense, I just haven't had a good time to write any good documentation. It's coming SoonTM but for now you can join the Discord server and ask questions.

8. MrBenFTW Trainee Engineer

Hello, I made a video on the setup process if it helps

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Is there a way to figure out the list of features at least?

10. MrBenFTW Trainee Engineer

There aren't many features. It works well at just running space engineers with mods but there's only a few plugins so far. Remember it has only been released recently. :)

11. Jimmacle Trainee Engineer

There's a short summary of features on the post you're replying to, other than that the best you can do until I make full documentation is to explore and figure it out :p

12. Jimmacle Trainee Engineer

Torch 1.1.207.7
    https://github.com/TorchAPI/Torch/releases/tag/1.1.207.7
    • Notes
      • This release makes significant changes to TorchConfig.xml. It has been renamed to Torch.cfg and has different options.
      • The "manual" installation no longer exists. Torch must always be installed in the root directory (the one that contains Content and DedicatedServer64). You can still disable automatic updates with the -noupdate flag.
      • Changed command prefix to ! to avoid conflicts with mods like Midspace's Admin Helper.
    • Features
      • Plugins, Torch, and the DS can now all update automatically
      • Added manual save command (thanks to Maldark)
      • Added restart command
      • Improved instance creation: now creates an entire skeleton instance with blank config
      • Added instance name to console title
    • Fixes
      • Optimized UI so it's snappier and freezes less often
      • Fixed NetworkManager.RaiseEvent overload that had an off-by-one bug
      • Fixed chat window so it automatically scrolls down

13. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Just installed this for the first time at the weekend on a local PC. First I tried the stock Dedicated Server but saw this seemed more complete so switched to this.

I will have further questions soon and will visit Discord too but, how do you add MODs to a server? Assumed that it was the same as on the stock server and pasted them into the MODs field, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm also getting some error messages (in the CMD style window) in yellow when I try to save, or red when I try to restart a server without restarting Torch. I will post more details later when I'm at home but thought I'd post here as someone may guess/recognise what I'm doing wrong and post a simple fix.

14. DJDosKiller Trainee Engineer

I get everytime world file is corrupted and could not be loaded
    if i try to load my existing world. normal start with Dedicated exe works perfect. :/

15. Wolverine Trainee Engineer

16. Wolverine Trainee Engineer

Auto restart on crash feature?

17. Sokeybuster Trainee Engineer

i also get a error on trying to start, it also has no Instance folder as shown in that video :/

18. Johnald Redham Trainee Engineer

Will not load plugins, when i tries it crashes. Totally non-functional.

19. Jimmacle Trainee Engineer

I'm gonna need a little more info than that, like a log and reproduction steps if possible. You're probably just using the wrong plugin versions for the version of Torch you're running.

20. orca89 Trainee Engineer

hi,

great work you have done so far.
    i have some trouble however.

the server is running fine, i have added essentials and the server is loading them in, but somehow i can't do commands if i type example "/kick somebody" it will just show up as text.
    am i missing something?

-Edit
    the standard torch commands also dont work

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  21. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Although i may never run a space engineers server myself.
    that does look awesome.
    I have run minecraft servers in the past...it taught me how to port-forward so i could run a server for a couple of friends.
    and nothing is more awesome then getting more power as an admin and being able to do badass things.
    *cough*....like turn an entire minecraft chunk int TNT and crash the entire server forever due to excess living tnt entities...

i really like the sound of the concealment file.
    does it do as i think and make it so you can silently join a server and ghost around seeing what players are up to?
    since everyones good as gold when admins online but the moment they leave. :p
    Biowaste hits the clang rotor

22. orca89 Trainee Engineer

for some reason the autosave does not work for me, i lost a lot of data because of this when a crash happened

23. woodzykiler2 Trainee Engineer

how do i load steam mods fromthe workshop in to the Torch wrapper?

24. Johnald Redham Trainee Engineer

The server works fine. If I try to load the plugins it crashes and won't load or function.

"PluginManager: Loading plugins
    13:11:42.4765 [FATAL] Initializer: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64\Torch\Plugins\Concealment-1.3.0\GameBinaries\CSteamworks.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
    File name: 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64\Torch\Plugins\Concealment-1.3.0\GameBinaries\CSteamworks.dll'
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.UnsafeLoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
    at Torch.Managers.PluginManager.LoadPlugins() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch\Managers\PluginManager.cs:line 103
    at Torch.Server.TorchServer.Init() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch.Server\TorchServer.cs:line 94
    at Torch.Server.Initializer.Run() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch.Server\Initializer.cs:line 88
    at Torch.Server.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch.Server\Program.cs:line 62

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]"

I've made sure it's the right version, and I followed all the directions to install. Like I said the wrapper works fine.

25. blazemonger Trainee Engineer

When trying to install Torch on a WIN10 system I am getting below error:

10:51:16.1426 [INFO] SteamCMD: Checking for DS updates.
    10:51:16.7207 [INFO] SteamCMD: Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
    10:51:16.8457 [INFO] SteamCMD: -- type 'quit' to exit --
    10:51:16.9708 [INFO] SteamCMD: Loading Steam API...OK.
    10:51:17.0958 [INFO] SteamCMD:
    10:51:17.6583 [INFO] SteamCMD: Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
    10:51:17.7677 [INFO] SteamCMD: Waiting for user info...OK
    10:51:18.5334 [INFO] SteamCMD: Success! App '298740' already up to date.
    10:51:18.7209 [INFO] SteamCMD:
    10:51:18.8459 [INFO] Initializer: Loading config C:\Users\ses\Desktop\torch-server\Torch.cfg
    10:51:19.0646 [FATAL] Initializer: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Sandbox.Engine.Utils.MyFakes.ENABLE_INFINARIO'.
    at Torch.Server.TorchServer..ctor(TorchConfig config)
    at Torch.Server.Initializer.Run() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch.Server\Initializer.cs:line 85
    at Torch.Server.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch.Server\Program.cs:line 62

Must be something I a missing ..
    Tried both a separate folder (on desktop as well as the steam folder already existing.
    --- Automerge ---
    nvm.. found the discord comments

26. roxservers Trainee Engineer

Would you mind sharing the solution/info please?

27. blazemonger Trainee Engineer

Use the Staging release. See discord for more info and to stay up to date

28. 88ToM Trainee Engineer

hi! there's any detailed guide for commands, settings ecc?

29. blazemonger Trainee Engineer

Join the Discord channel

30. Gizmoand Trainee Engineer

I cant run the server anymore. i keep getting this error when launching.. I even deleted everything and reinstalled torch.. and nothing works.

18:18:25.8897 [INFO] Initializer: Loading config C:\Users\stue\Desktop\se server\Torch.cfg
    18:18:28.6695 [FATAL] Initializer: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Sandbox.Engine.Utils.MyFakes.ENABLE_INFINARIO'.
    at Torch.Server.TorchServer..ctor(TorchConfig config)
    at Torch.Server.Initializer.Run() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Torch_Torch_staging-ZNS7FN4RGURQGN7YDLUHQ3UMYIBPHQSIJWKCAY6N7MCURWHGXRKA\Torch.Server\Initializer.cs:line 85

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins folder dosent even exist.

Torch.cfg looks like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <TorchConfig xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <InstanceName>Torch</InstanceName>
    <InstancePath>C:\Users\stue\Desktop\se server\Instance</InstancePath>
    <Autostart>false</Autostart>
    <RestartOnCrash>false</RestartOnCrash>
    <NoGui>false</NoGui>
    <GetTorchUpdates>true</GetTorchUpdates>
    <GetPluginUpdates>true</GetPluginUpdates>
    <TickTimeout>60</TickTimeout>
    <Plugins />
    </TorchConfig>

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.