Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

True PVP Servers?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Bullet_Force, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Do they actually exist anymore in this game? Every single time I join one that says "PVP" in the title I find I'm actually on some glorified PVE server. I join and I'm hit with 10 pages of rules about raiding and how to do PVP legally on this server blah blah blah. You need to be a lawyer sometimes to know what you can and can't do. On top of this the map sizes are either unlimited or some huge setting so the server not only lags but you can never find anyone to battle with anyway.

What happened to the good old days where you'd join a PVP server make your doom ship and smash people. Was good fun. I used to play on Bean's Lawless Server. No rules, tiny map, all the resources in the middle, fast building/mining. Great fun to be had all round.

This game needs more proper PVP servers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Roxette Senior Engineer

It's not going to happen unless and until the multiplayer performance is restored to something approaching sanity with more than 3 players with moving ships within 100km of each other... The fact that any kind of ship battles result in sim speed decreasing to close to zero is the main reason most servers have strict rules on it :/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

maybe one day we'll have space engineers...Rust edition. :p when and if space engineers and servers can handle all the excessive violence and player on player violence without sim speed suffering.
    Where you'd happily murder another human player and loot everything on his ship just because you can.
    if that's the case true PVP servers should adopt a mod that makes all armor blocks rusty.

4. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

Loot everything on the ship?

Oh no no.

You grind the ship wholesale, pilot and all.

Such hardcore PVP servers existed a few years ago, I dunno how they're faring now. The ones I played on went down for a long time ago.

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I'm sure I already know the answer due to grinding loose parts but...the ship grinder....if that hits loose parts like large steel tube. wouldn't that reduce it to scrap?

I know hand grinding construction components destroys them or turns them into iron scrap...but what about the ship versions?

6. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

Ship grinders empty containers that they grind, so very rarely are there loose parts to get in the way. Any loose parts usually just end up bouncing away or getting trapped in the grinding array. Due to low object limits on servers they don't last long enough to be a problem really.

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Sweet that was an answer i was looking for. :)
    I was just imagining grinding a cargo container that contains say 3000 steel plates...the container gets deconstructed the steel plates appear get grinded a bit then turn into a tiny piece of scrap with is grinded into nothingness. :p
    but if it does..oh well not my ship. >:3

8. Raideur Trainee Engineer

No one seems to have the nads to host on or play on such a server. Anything 'PVP' is either endless space where you can hide forever, or are slapped with rules like formal declaration of war or other nonsense. Heck, I'd host a proper PVP server if people would join it.

9. Roxette Senior Engineer

Only if the conveyor network can keep up with the speed. With high grind speed multiplier values and inefficient conveyor systems the parts sometimes can not be transferred quickly enough and are spawned as loose parts in the area of the grinder.

10. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

There are actually a lot of players out there that want true PVP but can never find a server that offers it.

I once participated in this faction PVP server where you had 3 set factions with a fairly small map and resources in the middle. It worked fairly well and my only gripe was that I had to share the code to my scripts with everyone else which I thought was bad for competition. I wasn't able to participate much though as I had a very high ping to the server (I'm from Australia).

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.