Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Turret Option - Shoot Enemy Players Only (Not Enemy Blocks)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by spacedMatt, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. spacedMatt Apprentice Engineer

I thought it would be good to have more options with turrets, like:

• Shoot Enemy players on - off
    • Shoot Enemy Blocks on - off
    • Shoot Unowned Blocks on - off
    • Shoot Moving Blocks Over (x) Speed 1.............x......104mps

2. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

I don't really see the point, if a player is your enemy, why would you ever only want to shoot the player and not his owned blocks?
    Or do you mean, you want an option to only target the pilot of a ship, without doing too much damage to the ship itself?

3. delabu Apprentice Engineer

+1

A good use of this would be while grinding down abandoned ships. I can't activate my turrets, or they go ape on the thing I'm trying to salvage.

So I sit there with a well armed ship that cannot defend itself against yellow creepers coming in at ramming speed.

4. TheEffectTheCause Apprentice Engineer

Shoot enemy piloted entity or enemy player? if there is a large ship with a cockpit in middle and your guns don't shoot enemy blocks it would see the player as obscured allowing them to enter your base unharmed as the turrets could not directly target them, id say make turrets shoot at objects/any ship(block) piloted by an enemy regardless of ownership.

5. waterlimon Senior Engineer

I think we need UI that allows us to flag ships as 'harmless' if we have disabled them already but dont have ownership.

This only works for things you do while online.

6. spacedMatt Apprentice Engineer

I wanted it so it was a bit safer placing blocks in front of a turret and so it doesn't obliterate captured enemy/cargo ships.

7. WhiteWeasel Senior Engineer

-Idea moved to it's own thread.-

8. DocMop Junior Engineer

Supporting the OP idea.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.