Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Tutorial 6 issue with descriptive text.

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by BrickVoid, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BrickVoid Trainee Engineer

When you Start this tutorial which is all about Collectors, Connectors, and Conveyors, it asks you to access the panel on the Collector in order to move items from the cargo container the Connector is connected to via a tube in order to dump the components into the Collector. Unfortunately you can not do this from the panel on the Collector itself. I had to jump up onto the top of the Collector - this is doable - and access the Connector's door on the front of it and drag the items around inside from there whereupon they were ejected into the Collector.

There is a typo and you meant to write "Jump up on top of the Collector and access the Connector", because the only way you're going to get those components out of that Cargo Container at the beginning of this tutorial is to do exactly what I did!

It is a long-standing fact that in order to access items in one conveyor network that you must be in that conveyor network and not any other unconnected network. Perhaps there was some hidden control panel or other block I had not noticed I could have used at the beginning of this tutorial but I did not see it and spent several minutes figuring out how to actually access the components needed to proceed with this tutorial.

Also, the welder itself seemed slightly bugged, it did not actually start the welding process until I clicked the button panel to retract the bridge (I know it was already in the retracted position) a few times. Weirdness.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.