Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Tutorial] Dedicated Server on Ubuntu 13.10 using Wine

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by AdamAnt, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AdamAnt Trainee Engineer

Edit 3: Just realised I never fixed the winetricks -q dotnet40 line. JUST TO CONFIRM DO NOT USE SUDO WITH THE WINETRICKS COMMAND! Whoops :)

Hey there guys.
    I just got the dedicated servers running smoothly on linux and thought I would share how to do it. Big thanks to CrabNebula for pointing me in the right direction!

Requirements

A copy of Space Engineers
    A Windows computer
    A linux computer with full root access. (I'm using Ubuntu Server 13.10)

All these steps are running via the terminal, either SSH or emulated should work.

Step 1:

First, we need to install the required packages. These instructions are for Ubuntu, there should be similar package managers for other distros:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine1.6
    winetricks -q dotnet40
    If this last step fails (Error: 64-bit WINEPREFIX not suported) do:
    Code:
    rm -r ~/.wine
    WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot
    Note: This WILL wipe any other Windows applications you have installed!

Step 2:

Now we need to copy the Space Engineers folder over to the linux box. You can find the dedicated server files in [Steam Directory]\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Tools. Your choice how to transfer them over, personally I used Dropbox and wget.

Put the files into
    Code:
    ~/.wine/drive_c/users/$(whoami)/Desktop/ 
    (or somewhere similar, this doesn't matter too much)

Step 3:

The next step is to prepare the world and config files. The easiest way I've found to do this is to just generate the world and base config on Windows and transfer them over. Launch the dedicated server tool on your Windows machine ([Steam Directory]\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer\SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe), select the Default profile, and then set up the world how you like. Press Save Config and Start to generate the world.

The files for the server are stored in
    Code:
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Default
    . Edit the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg to your liking, then copy this and the Saves folder over to the Linux machine, specifically to
    Code:
    ~/.wine/~/.wine/drive_c/users/$(whoami)/Application\ Data/SpaceEngineersDedicated

Step 4:
    Final tweaks! In your SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file, edit the <LoadWorld> tag to point to the correct location.

So if the Saves folder is located at
    Code:
    ~/.wine/drive_c/users/adamant/Application Data/SpaceEngineersDedicated/Saves/Created 2014-05-29 2230
    you would edit that line to read
    Code:
     <LoadWorld>C:\Users\adamant\Application Data\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Default\Saves\Created 2014-05-29 2230</LoadWorld> 
    Note I have used the Windows directory paths, as that is what the Dedicated Server is looking for.

Step 5:

Now we can start the server (finally!). Go back to the directory where you extracted the server and run
    Code:
    wine SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe -console

Troubleshooting and Notes (Thanks CrabNebula!):
    • Usually an xserver (the GUI) is required, and as such there will be a lot of spam relating to X Windows and X Server on the console.Make sure to use the -console switch when running the server and most of the display related errors can be happily ignored.
    • Similar to the xserver issue, as the server was not designed to run on linux there will be spam related to wine during startup. So seeing fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Core" and similar throughout the console is absolutely fine! (If the line starts with fixme: it's probably a wine error!)
    • Running the game on a 64bit computer is fine, however as wine does not support .Net4.0 64bit, make sure you are running the Non-64bit version of the Server!
    • If on starting the server for the first time you get
      Code:
      ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and
      (shortened for formatting) spammed to high hell, make sure you have the correct version of Wine installed and mono is not installed. See my post a few messages down for detailed guide on this.
    Congratulations! Hopefully within a few minutes you should have a functions Space Engineers dedicated server on Linux.
    Now get out there and build some awesome stuff!!

-AdamAnt

Note: I've probably screwed up somewhere in this so feel free to PM me with corrections and improvements.

Quick Edit: The only way I've found to close the server is using ctrl+z, then using htop to send SIGKILL the process.

Edit 2 (The morning after): Cleared up some formatting, added some notes based on CrabNebula's suggestions and fixed a small typo.

2. Wuxian Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much! We will test this tomorrow thoroughly, I'll modify this post then to give feedback.

Edit: We actually didn't test it, because our super admin told us that wine was not safe or stable enough and would bring more issues than benefits to the server.
    I guess we will wait for the full linux release.

3. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Step 5 I am having trouble with I ran it with and without the -console

Using Ubuntu minimal 14.04

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
    Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
    err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
    fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"runtime" in state 1
    fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"enforceFIPSPolicy" in state 3

Unhandled Exception:
    System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and

fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"runtime" in state 1
    fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"enforceFIPSPolicy" in state 3

Unhandled Exception:
    System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and

4. AdamAnt Trainee Engineer

Make sure you don't have another version of Wine, playonlinux or mono on the system. I had that issue when I was using an incorrect Wine package or mono.

To identify your version of wine run
    Code:
     wine --version 
    and check you are running wine 1.6.

If you are not, try running
    Code:
     sudo apt-get remove --purge wine* 
    and then continuing from the apt-get install wine1.6 line.

To check whether mono is installed, run
    Code:
     dpkg -s mono 
    Uninstall it the same way as wine, and then continue from Step 1.

EDIT: remove not uninstall!
    Edit 2: Add all the details!

5. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

OK next step Please :)

fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
    fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
    fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x33fc04): stub
    err:eek:ops:le:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Core"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Game"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Library"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ServiceProcess"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Common"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Common"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Math"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Common.XmlSerializers"
    Space engineers 01_032_014
    Is official: True [O]
    Environment.Is64BitProcess: False
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Render"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SteamSDK"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Graphics"
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x97e612, (nil), {8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 1, 0x33c1ec, (null), (null), 0xdb3aa4,): stub
    fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Input"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Audio"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"HavokWrapper"
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {47a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc6f}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041ce8, 0x3f041ce0
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {58a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc70}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041d20, 0x3f041d18
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {3fa9201e-73b0-43fe-9821-7e145359bc6f}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041cb0, 0x3f041ca8
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {1432afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b433}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041d58, 0x3f041d50
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {4372afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b519}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041d90, 0x3f041d88
    fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x31e270 (nil)): stub
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 244850
    Server successfully started
    Product name: Space Engineers
    Desc: Space Engineers
    IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Steam ID: 90090653895329792
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX.DirectInput"
    fixme:crypt:SystemFunction041 (0x10125414, 10, 0): stub [RtlDecryptMemory]
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW (0x1050aa20,0xabfde1c,0xabfde20),stub!
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request: stub
    fixme:ras:RasConnectionNotificationW (0xffffffff,0x41c,0x00000003),stub!
    fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl discovery via DHCP not supported
    Server connected to Steam
    Server PolicyResponse (1)

6. cparen Trainee Engineer

I was getting the RAS error too, and the following seemed to fix it:

sudo apt-get install gnutls-bin

Though I'm still not able to connect to my server. The last output I see on the SSH session is:

Loading session: C:\Users\me\Application Data\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Default\Saves\Pylos-L
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX.Direct3D9"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX.XAudio2"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX.RawInput"

Then it just sits there at that point for minutes. Later I see:

fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl discovery via DHCP not supported

7. AdamAnt Trainee Engineer

The errors about DHCP unsupported don't seem to effect the server. I'm guessing the sonsole spam is to do with it not really being designed to run on linux, but ignore it and you should be ok. As long
    as

Code:
    Server connected to Steam
    Server PolicyResponse (1)
    (Junk and errors)
    Game ready...

is SOMEWHERE in between the console spam you should be set. Bear in mind it took a good five minutes for Game ready... to appear for me, as the game in general is not very optimised yet, let alone running on emulated hardware.

The other thing to check is the config file, make sure there are no typos as it can throw a wobbly there too.

8. CrabNebula Trainee Engineer

good work AdamAnt!

just a few quick notes:

- usually an xserver is required, but thats a desktop thing, for the dedicated server binaries -console should be used and xserver - warning/set the proper display can ignored in this case..
    - a few more "wine related" messages will appear that are not actually real issues
    - RAS error can be fixed, not required to run the game properly though
    - you can always verify your wine version using either wine --version or aptitude show wine
    - dont mix up apt-get and aptitude (if you don't know the difference and don't have a preference use aptitude)
    - do not use mono (invalid IL blabla..), dotnet framwork is required (dotfx40), properly use -q (so x is not required) on winetricks when installing
    - you can (untested, may be even possible as well) not use the 64bit version of wine - something about dotfx40 not working properly.. (actual feedback required).

the path on step 3 should be (FYI, paths for copy paste require to have the whitespaces escaped, instead of " ", rather "\ ", or it will display a no such file or directory):

Code:
    $HOME/.wine/drive_c/users/$(whoami)/Application\ Data/SpaceEngineersDedicated

9. AdamAnt Trainee Engineer

Nice catch on the escaped space! I'll format the notes and put them at the bottom of the OP for ease of reading, should help eliminate a few issues people seem to be having.

10. cparen Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the update. It's been 10 minutes and still haven't reached "Game ready", but I'll leave it running and see what happens. Thanks!

11. Foolson Trainee Engineer

When it comes to kill the server, have you tried to run it in GNU screen?
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install screen

screen -S space wine ~/.wine/drive_c/users/$(whoami)/Desktop/DedicatedServer/SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe -console
    Then ctrl+A d to leave the screen or ctrl+A k to kill the screen.

12. WarDave Trainee Engineer

I'm also getting the first error you had MrKoronas,

Running Ubuntu Server 14.04LTS

@ubuntuserver:~$ wine --version
    wine-1.6.2

Also I got this when trying to do the dotnet40 install

@ubuntuserver:~/.wine/drive_c/users/wardave/Application Data/SpaceEngineersDedicated/DedicatedServer64$ sudo winetricks -q dotnet40
    ------------------------------------------------------
    wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string

I also tried loading that from the menu in the desktop, ran wintricks and installing the dotnet4.0 package and it gives me the error of This package does not work on a 64-bit installation but that part was done from the x desktop winstricks program.

Also

wardave@ubuntuserver:~/.wine/drive_c/users/wardave/Application Data/SpaceEngineersDedicated/DedicatedServer$ winetricks -q dotnet40
    You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.

Executing w_do_call dotnet40
    Executing load_dotnet40
    This package does not work on a 64-bit installation

13. Aelita Stone Trainee Engineer

Hi!

I successfully set up a server on Debian Jessie (testing). I can see it in the steam server browser and connect to it. However, I get disconnected upon loading the map. This happens in the console:

Code:
    Peer2Peer_SessionRequest 76561198137042964
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 02d8.
    fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt IP_DONTFRAGMENT is silently ignored!
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 0324.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04b8.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04bc.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04c0.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04c4.
    OnConnectedPlayer Aelita Stone attempt
    Server ValidateAuthTicketResponse (k_EAuthSessionResponseOK), owner: 76561198137042964
    World request received: Aelita Stone
    User left Aelita Stone
    Peer2Peer_SessionRequest 76561198137042964
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 02d8.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 0324.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04b8.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04bc.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04c0.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04c4.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04c8.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04cc.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04d0.
    fixme:hnetcfg:fw_profile_get_FirewallEnabled 0x104b23a0, 0x98fe7c0
    fixme:hnetcfg:fw_profile_get_FirewallEnabled 0x104b23a0, 0x98fe7c0
    Another thing that might be good to mention: my firends and I used to play with the 64-bits version of the game and I think our save contains some 64-bits variables. Thus, I wasn't able to load it on the 32-bits server in Linux and can't play our saved world...

It would be really great to manage to launch the server in 64-bits mode! I've been trying without success, but I will keep you posted on my tries.

14. cjay Trainee Engineer

I have exactly the same issue, also running Jessie. The culprit seems to be this error:
    Code:
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04c8.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04cc.
    err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 04d0.
    I did some testing on a local machine (also running Jessie) where this error didn't show up and I could join without any issue. The only difference is that my server is using the 64 bit version of Debian while my local one uses the 32 bit one (but that's probably not the cause, I hope).

15. InsanityFlea Trainee Engineer

edit: Fixed it :)

16. VeMeth Trainee Engineer

First, thx for this great guide.

I got the server working, you can fly around and everything BUT:

In the moment you try to mine some iron/gold what ever, the server crashes.

I got the following errormessage in the Serverlog.

Code:
    2014-05-30 14:40:58.467 - Thread:   1 ->  Exception occured: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
       at System.Decimal.FCallCompare(Decimal& d1, Decimal& d2)
       at 6D7C9F7F9CFF9877B430DBAFB54F1802.013C13DF6C952CB2FEEA20F9115CCF97.70DEACEADDBAEA68F73ABDCF9C595181(555069178719BB1B546FB026B906CE00 2316EFA74C21B1645BA1FE7F1460735F, StringBuilder 0902E43DEFE750377A5F0D9F1C15DC77)
       at 5BCAC68007431E61367F5B2CF24E2D6F.60663B6C2E735862064C925471BD4138.3C7B28607C4A6F367829CDA3EF709896(StringBuilder 3499DD2ABF5B16D5F66E6E99C787E9F0, 555069178719BB1B546FB026B906CE00 2316EFA74C21B1645BA1FE7F1460735F)
       at 5BCAC68007431E61367F5B2CF24E2D6F.60663B6C2E735862064C925471BD4138.D7537ED30316A5CF8FEE10073802316C()
       at 5BCAC68007431E61367F5B2CF24E2D6F.60663B6C2E735862064C925471BD4138.Init(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase 9065CE2C489147D487A66CF371D3743B)
       at 5BCAC68007431E61367F5B2CF24E2D6F.CAF1EB435F77C7B77580E2E16F988BED.7E5055FEACE57727CB2684CA0A2907C2(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase 9065CE2C489147D487A66CF371D3743B)
    2014-05-30 14:40:58.469 - Thread:   1 ->  Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at 5BCAC68007431E61367F5B2CF24E2D6F.66E5A072764E86AD0AC8B63304F0DC31.B5BE220197A386620F7D9220DE0688FD(555069178719BB1B546FB026B906CE00 2316EFA74C21B1645BA1FE7F1460735F, BoundingSphere F7F76C88F5805E65EE11DF3A3731ED37, 5BAA908D4615EC702E28985E09DBEF8F D677C3E4F5AD2AAB1378E3A855A7C91D, MyVoxelMaterialDefinition A13591E7221EC258DC7C7F7D665D38D3)
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyDrillBase.SpawnOrePieces(Decimal amountItems, Decimal maxAmountPerDrop, Vector3 hitPosition, MyObjectBuilder_PhysicalObject oreObjBuilder, MyVoxelMaterialDefinition voxelMaterial)
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyDrillBase.TryHarvestOreMaterial(MyVoxelMaterialDefinition material, Vector3 hitPosition, Int32 removedAmount, Boolean onlyCheck)
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyDrillBase.TryDrillVoxels(6EC806B54BA319767DA878841A56ECD8 voxels, Vector3 hitPosition, Boolean collectOre, Boolean onlyCheck)
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyDrillBase.Drill(Boolean collectOre)
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyHandDrill.DoDrillAction(Boolean collectOre)
       at Sandbox.Game.Weapons.MyHandDrill.Shoot(E13AB8F7D57289161816AAA5BC8AD0C9 action, Vector3 direction)
       at F79C930F3AD8FDAF31A59E2702EECE70.3B71F31E6039CAE9D8706B5F32FE468D.C90E2E38F91E5CD5B6DDFF0D20D2E816()
       at F79C930F3AD8FDAF31A59E2702EECE70.3B71F31E6039CAE9D8706B5F32FE468D.UpdateAfterSimulation()
       at 5BCAC68007431E61367F5B2CF24E2D6F.CAF1EB435F77C7B77580E2E16F988BED.C6A5F4D30318F3005DC853C9269C7358()
       at AAC05F537A6F0F6775339593FBDFC564.CBB94D06E8011132FF514442B0A88989.UpdateAfterSimulation()
       at AAC05F537A6F0F6775339593FBDFC564.D580AE7552E79DAB03A3D64B1F7B67F9.F672BBF9E192151CE8FD7E91E62B997D()
       at AAC05F537A6F0F6775339593FBDFC564.D580AE7552E79DAB03A3D64B1F7B67F9.EC90B1C44E3C361983D093F355FF0CC8(Single D0A668B86020514B76C774AD3D4C5778)
       at B337879D0C82A5F9C44D51D954769590.B3531963E948FB4FA1D057C4340C61B4.4B587E16047C54744F329FCD068F4F76()
       at 168638249D29224100DB50BB468E7C07.7BAD4AFD06B91BCD63EA57F7C0D4F408.2457E95BE2F0D1F1A4A009B2B1DBBDA4()
       at 168638249D29224100DB50BB468E7C07.7BAD4AFD06B91BCD63EA57F7C0D4F408.B3119CD657D221E30C363AF98704D851()
       at B337879D0C82A5F9C44D51D954769590.B3531963E948FB4FA1D057C4340C61B4.246E732EE67F7F6F88C4FF63B3901107()
       at 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D.523C8831DA5DAB3A19F6D33A2C6437B5()
       at 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D.26A7ABEA729FAE1F24679E21470F8E98(String 8BF03A34188889479CB413E58490FC37, Boolean 7AC487C1B445CD9F481CF5FE695A7CEA)
       at 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D.0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743(String[] 954514EA42AFFE4302240CE14E5D6683)
    2014-05-30 14:40:58.470 - Thread:   1 ->  Hiding window

Someone else got such problems?

17. CrabNebula Trainee Engineer

little troubleshooting:

- confirm you are running the wine 32bit version (this is just a matter of initial path setup and available packages on the system, you can have both at the same time (often the case)), the reason for that is that dotfx wont work properly using 64bit (include source if found), and while using a wine 32bit prefix you want to only test the 32bit dedicated server binaries
    - do NOT under any circumstances run wine as root (including winetricks as this will modifiy the currents user's wine prefix, using sudo in front will do this for root thus dotfx is missing for the user)
    - ctrl-z will simply hide the current job, it will still run (in case you dont have a screen this could ne used, but nohup prolly necessary), you can attach the job again using "fg", i do not recommend this way (use a screen session instead)

to kill spaceengineers properly (as in - it gets killed, no graceful shutdown whatsoever) you can use something like:

Code:
    kill $(ps aux|grep "SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe"|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}')
    @VeMeth: can confirm this "bug", but we cannot open a thread for this as long as this hasn't been reproduced using windows

18. Foolson Trainee Engineer

I can also confirm the "drill bug".
    Other than that it works.

19. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

I'm having real issues trying to make this work.

I am using vmware workstation 10 with bridged network

port forwarding for that Ip for the vmware

Still I cannot get it to work, its making me so frustrated beyond belief.

If anyone could help me that would be amazing.

20. Mishka Junior Engineer

Pinned this topic due to how useful it is

21. Ra'Jiska Trainee Engineer

Is there no way to do it with Wine 1.4 ?

22. xrichard Trainee Engineer

Same here.

I had some issues getting it to show up in the SE server list, but connecting via the steam server browser does work.

23. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

How are you connecting with the steam server browser ? can you explain

24. Splinti Trainee Engineer

On my machine it couldn't find the packaxe "Wine1.6" How do I fix it?

Also my config in the Windows folder is empty for some reason.

25. xrichard Trainee Engineer

Right click on your steam (system) icon, and click on servers. Then go to the favorites tab, and add your server:port (example: domain.tld:27016).

26. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

do apt-cache search wine

and see what packages are avalible

27. Splinti Trainee Engineer

There's a normal "Wine" but it's the version 1.4 ... Does it still work with it?

28. WarDave Trainee Engineer

I think I'm going to just give up and put windows on that machine until this all gets sorted, they might even do a linux port at some point.

29. RamboRambowski Trainee Engineer

I managed to get it up and running, but when I tried to connect I discovered I was on the wrong version. So I replaced the sever files with a new copy from my windows machine, and now I get this when I try to run:

Code:
    andrew@RamboServer:~/.wine/drive_c/users/DedicatedServer/DedicatedServer$ wine SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe -console
    err:xrandr:xrandr12_init_modes Output has no modes.
    fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
    fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"Server" failed to start: 2
    fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x32fc04): stub
    err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Core"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Game"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Library"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ServiceProcess"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Common"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Common"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Math"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Common.XmlSerializers"
    Space engineers 01_032_018
    Is official: True [O]
    Environment.Is64BitProcess: False
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Render"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SteamSDK"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Graphics"
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x97e612, (nil), {8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 1, 0x32c1ac, (null), (null), 0xda4748,): stub
    fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub

30. xrichard Trainee Engineer

Ore related issue crashing the server:

Code:
    Exception occured: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.