Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Tutorial] Dedicated Server on Ubuntu 13.10 using Wine

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by AdamAnt, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. andrewthetechie Trainee Engineer

Hey Tampa: Check out http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=59287 for some instructions on installing a more recent version of Wine on Debian

2. andrewthetechie Trainee Engineer

Hey Tampa: Check out http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=59287 for some instructions on installing a more recent version of Wine on Debian

3. glarblblarbl Trainee Engineer

+1 for a native Linux dedicated server :D

4. glarblblarbl Trainee Engineer

Hrm. I get the same error mentioned in the OP, but have neither mono nor playonlinux installed. Anything else I should look for?

Code:
    Unhandled Exception:
    System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: and

Edit: Running Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 and wine 1.6

5. Syr3L Trainee Engineer

Hi all

I tryed to find out about the Drill Problem what looks to me as if the Server consider this as "trash" and removes the parts we drill out of an asteroid (mby to low allowed objects or something)

So i tryed to build a big drill at the start attaching it to my rescue ship and it worked

I was able to drill out some uranium to survive at least (i had only fuel for 3 minutes left)

I checked the inventory and wow ... all counters are minus now and server seems to be crashed/frozen (Volume of ore in drill = - 1449.34 storing -< 39 Ur and 10.9 Stone)

I will try to reproduce it to mby run a server for hard core geeks where u actually need to first reassemble parts of you rescue ship to get started

mby this information helps someone

At least here is my current setup

Server: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS in a Virtual Box (no i woun't risk my root server for testing)
    wine --version results in wine-1.7.18
    RAM usage is at 1432 / 3953 MB referring to htop
    i used the dotNet4.0 without mono in winearch=win32
    without steam login on the server using DedicatedServer.zip uploaded from the tools-folder

SE Dedicated Server is the 32 bit variant

6. andrewthetechie Trainee Engineer

Awesome that you managed to get some drilling working, but still not in a playable state unfortunately.

Drilling and grinding do not work at all on current build with any version of Wine I can get to run. I have done several custom compiles with Git pulls.

Native linux dedicated server PLEASE.

7. Syr3L Trainee Engineer

ok welding and grinding obviously works for me (when i attach a big ship drill on a rescue ship :) ) but when it comes to drilling ... same amount of Ur and Stone and server stucked at 90 % CPU and using about 640 MB of the graphics card (depending on the last log entry indicating that GC Memory is at 672,119,912 B )

Also i'm pretty sure i did not hit any of the stone but hey its a big drill right :)

mby if someone else could try it on an actual machine i run short on hardware here

i just want to confirm that not only Uranium is the problem

if someone needs a log i stored it and i can post it of course

wish u a good night

Syr3L

8. Thorgod Trainee Engineer

I would love to try it on some real hardware but I cant seem to get past this error...
    Code:
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 244850
    2014-07-23 14:36:15.430: Server successfully started
    2014-07-23 14:36:15.430: Product name: Space Engineers
    2014-07-23 14:36:15.430: Desc: Space Engineers
    2014-07-23 14:36:15.430: Public IP: 192.227.172.185
    2014-07-23 14:36:15.430: Steam ID: 90091284574676999
    err:seh:setup_exception_record nested exception on signal stack in thread 0009 eip 7bc7a3e0 esp 7ffdbb3c stack 0x242000-0x340000

http://pastebin.com/ARdBGCyh

9. pourfende Trainee Engineer

Hi,

I have ubuntu 14.04, wine 1.6.2 and no mono

someone found the problem with this error ???

Code:
    Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
    Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
    err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
    fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"runtime" in state 1
    fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"enforceFIPSPolicy" in state 3

Unhandled Exception:
    System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:
    0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: mul

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D:
    0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743 (string[]): IL_0005: mul

10. Thorgod Trainee Engineer

you need to apply the winetricks -q dotnet40

11. pourfende Trainee Engineer

thx you.

I have this problem now:

Can you help me?

Code:
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
    fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
    fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
    fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x33fc04): stub
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Core"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Game"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Library"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ServiceProcess"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Common"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Common"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Math"
    Space engineers 01_040_009
    Is official: True [O]
    Environment.Is64BitProcess: False
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Common.XmlSerializers"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"VRage.Render"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SteamSDK"
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x97a63a, (nil), {8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 
    1, 0x33be1c, (null), (null), 0xd8ee10,): stub
    root@vps63116:~/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Bureau/DedicatedServer/DedicatedServer64# 

12. McyD Apprentice Engineer

Is drilling ores still broken on the latest SE update and wine version? Really want to get a dedicated server up and going, but not enough to install windows on my dedicated server.

13. arghargh200 Trainee Engineer

Reinstalled Ubuntu Server 13.10 32-bit onto one of my boxes, redid the guide....aaaaaaaaaaaand it started! (Side note: You have to use the archive in the tools folder! uploading the extracted folders is just uploading the binaries and NOT the game's data! Things break, server doesn't start, tables flipped, etc, etc.)

Played for about 10 or 15 minutes, then I stuffed something in an assembler and hit disassemble and it crashed. Hard. I don't even know what's a crash log and what's WINE just being weird or KSH's coding being weird and making WINE freak out so you'll have to try it for yourself.

I'm now fed up with this.

Not only have I had bad experiences with the multiplayer in general (re: landing gear grappling leading to ship seizures then server crash then ship vanishing upon restart) but I've never had this many problems with a game's network code. Not even Minecraft boats are this bad. KSH fixed everything multiplayer, then reverted it right afterwards and released a Windows-only dedicated server which has zero compatibility or support for Linux (or even Mono or WINE), which everyone uses on a server.

The netcode, while it's getting marginally better, is still enough for me to say "I can't play this game." I originally got the game FOR the multiplayer, and I stopped playing after 1.035 for weeks in hopes that it'd be better when I came back. It's still bad. There was an update before the dedicated servers came out that fixed pretty much all the issues I had, but then it was reverted, and then the block selection bug was introduced, and subsequently not fixed for a week. (And even now, there's still problems with putting your crosshairs on any ship/station and causing drastic FPS lag.)

I'd love to see at least some decent attempts to fix the long-standing bugs instead of new content. Don't go Mojang's route as of late. I've been recommending this game to people saying "If you can ignore the bugs, go for it." I'd love to say "GET THIS GAME RIGHT NOW" and be able to play without having to put up with my creations inverting themselves like a starfish's stomach, and then vanishing as the server crashes.

Sure, this could be considered one of those rants people throw out there and nobody reads, or a few people read and mock the writer, or the moderators just delete the post because they're tired of whiny people, but I had to get this off my chest and let KSH know what I thought.

Here's hoping to better days.

14. TmXNP212 Trainee Engineer

When would SE actually release an actual version of Linux DSs? I would like to start saving some money getting rid of this Windows Box I have.

15. Rick_Bardock Trainee Engineer

I followed all the directions for the original server directions for Ubuntu 13.10 using wine. The server is hosted perfectly, however I can't seem to get the server to show up in the server lists. I have all the ports open atm, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? has anyone ran into any problems like this?

16. Fenlig Trainee Engineer

Hey Guys,

Im getting a weird one, Server starts with all the normal Errors but it just shuts itself right back down again.

Running wine 1.6 and Ubuntu 14

Code:
    fenlig@servertron:~/.wine/drive_c/users/fenlig/Desktop/DedicatedServer$ wine Spa                                                                                                                                                                                               ceEngineersDedicated.exe -console
    err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
    Space engineers 01_041_015
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Graphics"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Input"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Audio"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"HavokWrapper"
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x97a772, (nil), {8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5af                                                                                                                                                                                               bf85daf1}, 1, 0x33ba00, (null), (null), 0xdff554,): stub
    fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
    2014-08-02 18:31:36.508: Bind IP : 0.0.0.0:27016
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {47a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc6f}, 0x3f006eb0, 0                                                                                                                                                                                               x3f041ce8, 0x3f041ce0
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {58a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc70}, 0x3f006eb0, 0                                                                                                                                                                                               x3f041d20, 0x3f041d18
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {3fa9201e-73b0-43fe-9821-7e145359bc6f}, 0x3f006eb0, 0                                                                                                                                                                                               x3f041cb0, 0x3f041ca8
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {1432afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b433}, 0x3f006eb0, 0                                                                                                                                                                                               x3f041d58, 0x3f041d50
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {4372afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b519}, 0x3f006eb0, 0                                                                                                                                                                                               x3f041d90, 0x3f041d88
    fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x31e360 (nil)): stub
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.084: Server successfully started
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.084: Product name: Space Engineers
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.084: Desc: Space Engineers
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.084: Public IP: 188.165.236.171
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.084: Steam ID: 90091390506286083
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.548: Logging off Steam...
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.548: Shutting down server...
    fixme:advapi:EventUnregister deadbeef: stub
    2014-08-02 18:31:39.754: Done
    fenlig@servertron:~/.wine/drive_c/users/fenlig/Desktop/DedicatedServer$

17. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

Sorry for the long post, it has been composed over the past day, I wanted to provide as much information as possible, while working on narrowing down the issue.

Ok, over the past couple of days I have been playing around with dedicated servers under wine. I enabled some other debugging in wine and I have found some errors at the time of the drilling crash.

Here they are: http://pastebin.com/5QDaKpWP

Basically somewhere significant digits are being lost(Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_significance ) and this is causing all sorts of strange values on things, not just crash the server. These errors are also affecting single player, as drilling in single player will crash the game as well. The reason why drilling is causing such an issue is because of the direct pickup of the ore, and some ore's values are negative, causing the inventory to go negative and boom. Nothing else crashes the server/game, but they all have the same root issue.

I did some testing and these are some of the affected activities/systems, I watched the logs as I did certain things waiting for the errors:

1. Player momentum transfer. (sometimes you cannot move free floating objects, other times you can ram into a ship and send it flying)

2. Player drilling (When using the hand drill, all dropped ores seem to be of negative volume, so do not appear)

3. gyroscopic control of large ships, you need 10x more gyroscopes to turn a ship, I am sure some math is going screwy there but I did not test to see for the errors (I did not have a large ship handy).

4. The infamous Drilling crash (explained above)

5. In survival, player's power level (fluctuates from a factual level to 12 million on the display, but does not affect actual suit power)

6. Whenever any ore is moved from a player's inventory to a ship's there is a scaling error thrown but does not seem to harm anything.

7. When you take ores and duplicate them by copying the cargo containers and transferring them to another, once you get to ~15k of a type of ore, you can nolonger move the ore back into your inventory from the cargo container. What is odd is that as you fill the cargo container the mass goes up, but the liters stored seems to go down randomly, at 15k stone it said I was storing
    126 liters volume, which is way off, and adding more caused that stack of stone to become unusable/transferable to a player, if dropped from the cargo container, or the container destroyed, the stone would simply vanish. This did not crash the server though, just caused that stack to bug out.

I may be missing some, please add any anomalous numbers you come across. This issue affects both single player and dedicated servers, and it seems most of SE's issues under wine all stem from what is causing this. I am hanging out in the wineHQ IRC and hope to find a fix.

**edit**

Apparently I was wrong about one thing, it is ores specifically causing the crash, not them being obtained by the drill. I was messing around and using the hand drill, and it crashed my server. Also it is not exactly crashing the server, just halting it. It still seems to be running, just not processing anything.

I have confirmed that the ores are causing an overflow. This is how I tested it. I loaded up a world (Easy start 2) grabbed the drilling ship, just drilled a tiny bit (barely tapped it) to get some stone without crashing the server. Then I split the stack, and this is where it got interesting. When I right clicked and dragged the stack to split it, when it asks how much I want to transfer, the value in the window was "-2147483648"(maximum negative value for a signed 32 bit integer), when it should have been the amount of stone in the stack. I put in my own value, half the stack and split it.

When the stack was split I was left with 2 stacks, the original, and the new pile. The original when right clicked and dragged came up with the "-2147483648" value, the new pile did not, it came up with the correct value of the stack. That is because when i transferred, the decimal only went to the hundredths, so the new stack was 10.05, the old stack was 10.055643887458 and so on, you get the idea, it had a long trailing decimal(I think they may be using a decimal for ores). Something about this decimal is not working right and is causing overflows.

I am looking through the wine code and talking to some people wine IRC people to try and find out if this is an issue with wine, or if it is an unknown issue with the math in SE that wine is just uncovering.

**edit 2**

I ran the dedicated server with WINEDEBUG=+variant,+relay and reproduced the drilling crash. This log is... well, huge. 1.5gb to be exact. it traces every call made to wine's DLLs, the arguments provided, the memory addresses, the return values, basically every little interaction between the game and wine's DLLs. I compressed it and surprisingly it is only ~65mb, so here is a link to the logfile if anyone is interested at delving REALLY deep into it... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18919542/SpaceEnigneers/relay2.txt.tar.gz

I am going to attempt to trace it back as far as I can, if anyone with more experience with debugging wants to take a look, feel free.

18. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

****IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!****

To setup a dedicated server under wine from the command line, and have the server 100% operational and without drilling crashes, follow these instructions.

Code:
    winetricks -q vb6run
    winetricks -q dotnet40
    winetricks oleaut32=native

You will have to run the vb6run twice, the first time it opens a webpage and you have to download >>This<< file from cnet, place it in ~/.cache/winetricks/vb6run then run it again. If you do that first you will only have to run it once, or if you are running headless it would be better to put it in place preemptively.

That is it, put your dedicated server files on the wine prefix and launch.

If you need support running the dedicated server with these instructions, please visit my thread here: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/7031977 it has more up to date instructions, and I an respond easier there.

19. liam2317 Trainee Engineer

You have a typo there, "winertricks vbrun6".

Also, any tips on getting this working on a headless setup?

20. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

I am not familiar with headless, but you can install the needed items onto wine with winetricks instead of PoL, and preconfigured server files placed on the headless server should be able to launch with "wine ./SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe -console" and that would need no gui, provided wine was properly configured.

21. Thorgod Trainee Engineer

Can you explain a little more on how to achieve this? like what process do I skip over or add that is diffeent than the tutorial. Sorry I am new to Linux thanks for your help!

22. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

Basically the only thing that has been added is to use winetricks to add vbrun6 then open winecfg and set oleaut32 to override in the libraries tab.

I am going to make a tutorial for the client, hosted server, and dedicated server using PlayonLinux, which will be easy, and I am also going to make a tutorial for using just wine and winetricks to set up wine for just a dedicated server, which will be more technical, but better for hosted servers.

23. Thorgod Trainee Engineer

Well im looking forward to your tutorials! I still have no clue how to go about this. i may just have to ask my local Linux master.

24. thething Trainee Engineer

I set this up on a headless Server using Ubuntu 14,

wine 1.6.2

no mono insalled

The Server is starting with the normal errors appearing but is shutting down seconds after "Server Succesfully Started"

I am getting the same Error as Fenlig:
    Code:
    manuel@ubuntuserver:~/.wine/drive_c/SpaceEngineers/DedicatedServer$ wine SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe -console
    err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
    Space engineers 01_042_020
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Graphics"
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x97a772, (nil), {8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 1, 0x33b8f8, (null), (null), 0xdad698,): stub
    fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"HavokWrapper"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Input"
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Sandbox.Audio"
    2014-08-09 15:11:33.587: Bind IP : 0.0.0.0:27016
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {47a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc6f}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041ce8, 0x3f041ce0
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {58a9201e-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361bc70}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041d20, 0x3f041d18
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {3fa9201e-73b0-43fe-9821-7e145359bc6f}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041cb0, 0x3f041ca8
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {1432afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b433}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041d58, 0x3f041d50
    fixme:advapi:EventRegister {4372afee-73b0-42ce-9821-7e134361b519}, 0x3f006eb0, 0x3f041d90, 0x3f041d88
    fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x31e360 (nil)): stub
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.512: Server successfully started
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.515: Product name: Space Engineers
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.516: Desc: Space Engineers
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.517: Public IP: 93.212.214.22
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.518: Steam ID: 90091473818175494
    fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"SharpDX.DirectInput"
    fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x97a9b2, (nil), {ec631d38-466b-4290-9306-834971ba0217}, 1, 0xb3ac3d8, (null), (null), 0xa7f8048,): stub
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.958: Logging off Steam...
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.964: Shutting down server...
    2014-08-09 15:11:46.019: Done

The Server log shows an interesting error:
    Code:
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.355 - Thread:   1 ->  Log Started
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.483 - Thread:   1 ->  Timezone (local - UTC): 2h
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.484 - Thread:   1 ->  App Version: 01_042_020
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.484 - Thread:   1 ->  Steam build: Always true
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.485 - Thread:   1 ->  Steam demo: False
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.486 - Thread:   1 ->  Is official: True [O][NIS][NAMP]
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.486 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.ProcessorCount: 4
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.491 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.495 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.CommandLine: C:\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer\SpaceEngineersDedicated.exe -console
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.495 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.Is64BitProcess: False
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.499 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.Is64BitOperatingSystem: False
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.507 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.Version: 4.0.30319.1
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.509 - Thread:   1 ->  Environment.CurrentDirectory: C:\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.535 - Thread:   1 ->  MainAssembly.ProcessorArchitecture: X86
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.535 - Thread:   1 ->  ExecutingAssembly.ProcessorArchitecture: X86
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.535 - Thread:   1 ->  IntPtr.Size: 4
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.536 - Thread:   1 ->  Default Culture: de-DE
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.537 - Thread:   1 ->  Default UI Culture: de-DE
    2014-08-09 15:11:27.558 - Thread:   1 ->  IsAdmin: True
    2014-08-09 15:11:28.473 - Thread:   1 ->  MySandboxGame.Constructor() - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:28.485 - Thread:   1 ->     Game dir: C:\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer
    2014-08-09 15:11:28.485 - Thread:   1 ->     Content dir: C:\SpaceEngineers\Content
    2014-08-09 15:11:28.491 - Thread:   1 ->     Found processor count: 4
    2014-08-09 15:11:28.491 - Thread:   1 ->     Using processor count: 4
    2014-08-09 15:11:30.494 - Thread:   1 ->     MyDefinitionManager.LoadScenarios() - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:30.510 - Thread:   1 ->        Hashing file C:\SpaceEngineers\Content\Data\Scenarios.sbx into data check hash
    2014-08-09 15:11:30.538 - Thread:   1 ->        238e03da8b6698e6926a7f324ca839a77b2da411
    2014-08-09 15:11:33.442 - Thread:   1 ->        Loading scenarios
    2014-08-09 15:11:33.524 - Thread:   1 ->     MyDefinitionManager.LoadScenarios() - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:33.587 - Thread:   1 ->     Bind IP : 0.0.0.0:27016
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.512 - Thread:   1 ->     Server successfully started
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.514 - Thread:   1 ->     Product name: Space Engineers
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.516 - Thread:   1 ->     Desc: Space Engineers
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.517 - Thread:   1 ->     Public IP: 
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.518 - Thread:   1 ->     Steam ID: 
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.522 - Thread:   1 ->     Preallocate - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.523 - Thread:   1 ->        CAF1EB435F77C7B77580E2E16F988BED - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.556 - Thread:   1 ->        CAF1EB435F77C7B77580E2E16F988BED - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.556 - Thread:   1 ->        MyObjectBuilder_Base - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.556 - Thread:   1 ->        MyObjectBuilder_Base - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.556 - Thread:   1 ->        395916455D8F4A89D3A3D972D01F2DF0 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.556 - Thread:   1 ->        395916455D8F4A89D3A3D972D01F2DF0 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.556 - Thread:   1 ->        MyTransparentGeometry - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.956 - Thread:   1 ->        MyTransparentGeometry - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.956 - Thread:   1 ->        07D5A12634B7519E99EC60342A55888B - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.975 - Thread:   1 ->        07D5A12634B7519E99EC60342A55888B - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.975 - Thread:   1 ->        MyMath - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:37.976 - Thread:   1 ->        MyMath - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.009 - Thread:   1 ->        43F55473307149FC1145AA580229984D - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.010 - Thread:   1 ->        43F55473307149FC1145AA580229984D - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.010 - Thread:   1 ->        6704740496C47C5FDE69887798D17883 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.020 - Thread:   1 ->        6704740496C47C5FDE69887798D17883 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.020 - Thread:   1 ->        0F8EE1AD651CB822CB9635B463AE6CD5 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.023 - Thread:   1 ->        0F8EE1AD651CB822CB9635B463AE6CD5 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.023 - Thread:   1 ->        1067575769BEE523EABB86ACC13B9061 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.033 - Thread:   1 ->        1067575769BEE523EABB86ACC13B9061 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.033 - Thread:   1 ->        13C872C66F0BD2DC78D3D80ECAF6DD0E - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.050 - Thread:   1 ->        13C872C66F0BD2DC78D3D80ECAF6DD0E - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.050 - Thread:   1 ->        17E6A2D4B9414B1D3DDA551E10938751 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.060 - Thread:   1 ->        17E6A2D4B9414B1D3DDA551E10938751 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.060 - Thread:   1 ->        1960C3E306C55E1519B9C5B79DEE02C0 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.063 - Thread:   1 ->        1960C3E306C55E1519B9C5B79DEE02C0 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.063 - Thread:   1 ->        1CE6F03E36FA552A8223DEBF0554411C - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.068 - Thread:   1 ->        1CE6F03E36FA552A8223DEBF0554411C - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.068 - Thread:   1 ->        48D79F8E3C8922F14D85F6D98237314C - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.076 - Thread:   1 ->        48D79F8E3C8922F14D85F6D98237314C - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.076 - Thread:   1 ->        49C494F48F1DDFFBF3C07546ACC34140 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.078 - Thread:   1 ->        49C494F48F1DDFFBF3C07546ACC34140 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.079 - Thread:   1 ->        5166128137CFD399E8C6AE9CA8DC6CA9 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.082 - Thread:   1 ->        5166128137CFD399E8C6AE9CA8DC6CA9 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.082 - Thread:   1 ->        648783FEE567EB6633169761E312362D - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.084 - Thread:   1 ->        648783FEE567EB6633169761E312362D - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.084 - Thread:   1 ->        73C8F812BCEC498520FC05B044974B46 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.087 - Thread:   1 ->        73C8F812BCEC498520FC05B044974B46 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.087 - Thread:   1 ->        74AB413CFFB499A7945B3E3B84DC56CB - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.090 - Thread:   1 ->        74AB413CFFB499A7945B3E3B84DC56CB - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.090 - Thread:   1 ->        7E6D3228AAD3DDA18CC9B3CBEFC71A36 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.090 - Thread:   1 ->        7E6D3228AAD3DDA18CC9B3CBEFC71A36 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.090 - Thread:   1 ->        831DC9BF87ECE5AA7C9FE6BAAA8CB141 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.090 - Thread:   1 ->        831DC9BF87ECE5AA7C9FE6BAAA8CB141 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.090 - Thread:   1 ->        850F199A13F4F6D5ED23E89E7F8D99CD - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.097 - Thread:   1 ->        850F199A13F4F6D5ED23E89E7F8D99CD - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.097 - Thread:   1 ->        8EFE49A46AB934472427B7D117FD3C64 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.104 - Thread:   1 ->        8EFE49A46AB934472427B7D117FD3C64 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.104 - Thread:   1 ->        9613AC4ED95A148DAE8020699F67A40A - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.109 - Thread:   1 ->        9613AC4ED95A148DAE8020699F67A40A - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.109 - Thread:   1 ->        98C1408628C42B9F7FDB1DE7B8FAE776 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.120 - Thread:   1 ->        98C1408628C42B9F7FDB1DE7B8FAE776 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.121 - Thread:   1 ->        9A92F9F102C022E7D2104D8B7D4CCCBA - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.138 - Thread:   1 ->        9A92F9F102C022E7D2104D8B7D4CCCBA - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.138 - Thread:   1 ->        A2E512C6A7404C8AB96715FA34640F5C - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.140 - Thread:   1 ->        A2E512C6A7404C8AB96715FA34640F5C - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.140 - Thread:   1 ->        B4646791D7A57BE4E2EE21A1F22A4364 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.147 - Thread:   1 ->        B4646791D7A57BE4E2EE21A1F22A4364 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.147 - Thread:   1 ->        C264AD3D8170E1AAD583DCF227902004 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.152 - Thread:   1 ->        C264AD3D8170E1AAD583DCF227902004 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.152 - Thread:   1 ->        C866709CB4D18071636E8389BEBA8508 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.154 - Thread:   1 ->        C866709CB4D18071636E8389BEBA8508 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.154 - Thread:   1 ->        D29C33B546169292854A4DECCDB53895 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.161 - Thread:   1 ->        D29C33B546169292854A4DECCDB53895 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.161 - Thread:   1 ->        E4C2964159826A46D102C2D7FDDC0733 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.161 - Thread:   1 ->        E4C2964159826A46D102C2D7FDDC0733 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.161 - Thread:   1 ->        E727876839B1C8FFEE302CD2A1948CDA - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.243 - Thread:   1 ->        E727876839B1C8FFEE302CD2A1948CDA - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.243 - Thread:   1 ->        E97FDDC1EF9C912AA82D24410983D7E8 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.265 - Thread:   1 ->        E97FDDC1EF9C912AA82D24410983D7E8 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.265 - Thread:   1 ->        EA51F988BB36804CAE6371053AD2602E - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.271 - Thread:   1 ->        EA51F988BB36804CAE6371053AD2602E - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.271 - Thread:   1 ->        F622141FE0D93611A749A5DB71DF471F - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.283 - Thread:   1 ->        F622141FE0D93611A749A5DB71DF471F - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.283 - Thread:   1 ->        FA70B722FFD1F55F5A5019DA2499E60B - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.303 - Thread:   1 ->        FA70B722FFD1F55F5A5019DA2499E60B - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.303 - Thread:   1 ->        7DF239D1E34E98EF615273E50D87AD4B - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.306 - Thread:   1 ->        7DF239D1E34E98EF615273E50D87AD4B - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.306 - Thread:   1 ->        5FA1AB4BA6B080790B444ED45F2035A3 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.319 - Thread:   1 ->        5FA1AB4BA6B080790B444ED45F2035A3 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.319 - Thread:   1 ->        26556F6F0AE7CF1827348C8BE3041E52 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.326 - Thread:   1 ->        26556F6F0AE7CF1827348C8BE3041E52 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.326 - Thread:   1 ->        7DF239D1E34E98EF615273E50D87AD4B - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.333 - Thread:   1 ->        7DF239D1E34E98EF615273E50D87AD4B - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.333 - Thread:   1 ->        FCD72C85F746C04C2A43AFBA1DE9055C - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.341 - Thread:   1 ->        FCD72C85F746C04C2A43AFBA1DE9055C - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.341 - Thread:   1 ->        7B40EEB62BF9EBADF967050BFA3976CA - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.343 - Thread:   1 ->        7B40EEB62BF9EBADF967050BFA3976CA - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.343 - Thread:   1 ->        A1700040DE5CFA3D8FDD177770DD29D5 - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.348 - Thread:   1 ->        A1700040DE5CFA3D8FDD177770DD29D5 - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.348 - Thread:   1 ->        MyDefinitionManager - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.348 - Thread:   1 ->        MyDefinitionManager - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.348 - Thread:   1 ->        MySyncMissiles - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.351 - Thread:   1 ->        MySyncMissiles - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.351 - Thread:   1 ->     Preallocate - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.427 - Thread:   1 ->  MySandboxGame.Constructor() - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.435 - Thread:   1 ->  MySandboxGame.Initialize() - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.473 - Thread:   1 ->     MyGuiGameControlsHelpers()
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.529 - Thread:   1 ->     Physics.Init
    2014-08-09 15:11:38.530 - Thread:   1 ->     Version: Release(0), 1700, [S]
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.534 - Thread:   1 ->     MyModels.LoadData - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.534 - Thread:   1 ->     Pre-caching cube block models
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.537 - Thread:   1 ->     MyModels.LoadData - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.537 - Thread:   1 ->     MySandboxGame.LoadData() - START
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.576 - Thread:   1 ->     MySandboxGame.LoadData() - END
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.651 - Thread:   1 ->     Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Sandbox.Common.ObjectBuilders.MyObjectBuilderType.ToString()
       at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
       at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
       at System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0, Object arg1)
       at Sandbox.Definitions.MyDefinitionId.ToString()
       at System.String.Concat(Object arg0, Object arg1)
       at B337879D0C82A5F9C44D51D954769590.B3531963E948FB4FA1D057C4340C61B4.2AA66FBD3F2C5EC250558B3136F3974A()
       at B337879D0C82A5F9C44D51D954769590.B3531963E948FB4FA1D057C4340C61B4.4E2AA6D6083E86732C5C1CD1D6348375()
       at B337879D0C82A5F9C44D51D954769590.B3531963E948FB4FA1D057C4340C61B4.246E732EE67F7F6F88C4FF63B3901107()
       at 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D.523C8831DA5DAB3A19F6D33A2C6437B5()
       at 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D.26A7ABEA729FAE1F24679E21470F8E98(String 8BF03A34188889479CB413E58490FC37, String 48C45E39212AAA2B19C972DA9195F48A, Boolean 7AC487C1B445CD9F481CF5FE695A7CEA, Boolean 4292A7A4DACAF323E558B7E11DD3CF00)
       at 83BCBFA49B3A2A6EC1BC99583DA2D399.49BCFF86BA276A9C7C0D269C2924DE2D.0D8AAA624C2EEA412F85ABB3AEFAF743(String[] 954514EA42AFFE4302240CE14E5D6683)
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.652 - Thread:   1 ->     Hiding window
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.957 - Thread:   1 ->     Network readers disposed
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.957 - Thread:   1 ->     Logging off Steam...
    2014-08-09 15:11:45.964 - Thread:   1 ->     Shutting down server...
    2014-08-09 15:11:46.019 - Thread:   1 ->     Done
    2014-08-09 15:11:46.042 - Thread:   1 ->     Hiding window done
    2014-08-09 15:11:46.043 - Thread:   1 ->     Showing message

Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this...

By the while:
    winetricks vbrun6 -> unknown arg vbrun

Thanks in advance

Manuel

25. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

Yea, my mistake, I applied my settings through PlayOnLinux, which I thought had winetricks built in, but it is their own flavor of winetricks and some packages are named differently. You need to do winetricks vb6run and it will tell you to download a file and put it in a directory then rerun the command again. I believe that may fix your issue. I updated my post to reflect the new info.

I am setting up a tutorial for both PlayOnLinux and a command line only tutorial for dedicated servers under wine.

26. Viproz Trainee Engineer

Thanks the wine solution does work !!
    Just need to install vb6run (or vbrun60 it's the same) and I've set oleaut32 to native

Had some troubles to install vb6run, it wanted to open a GUI on my debian jessie dedicated server wich didn't had a X server, I installed L:woot:E on it and ran "ssh -X ip" on my debian (my computer uses debian), vb6run installed and I didn't saw any GUI, I gess it's a left over from the complete GUI installation.

27. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

Ahh, I am not sure, but you may be able to use "winetricks -q vb6run" to make it run in quiet mod, or no interaction mode. I was not sure so I did not put that in there.

**edit** well, I just tested, and you absolutely can, I am sorry I did not test that sooner >.< I will add it to the original post I made.

28. Viproz Trainee Engineer

That did not worked for me yesterday, when it launched the file that "winetricks vb6run" made me download it always asked for a X server.
    Maybe with -q it makes you download another file or maybe it's just my server

29. thething Trainee Engineer

ok, the server knows "winetricks -q vb6run", but it shows the following error:
    Code:
    Executing w_do_call vb6run
    Executing load_vb6run
    Executing wine /home/manuel/.cache/winetricks/vb6run/VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe /T:C:\windows\Temp\_vb6run /c /q
    fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA ("C:\\windows\\Temp\\_vb6run\\", 00000000): stub
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Note: command 'wine /home/manuel/.cache/winetricks/vb6run/VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe /T:C:\windows\Temp\_vb6run /c /q' returned status 43.  Aborting.
    ------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded the VB6.0-KB... file and placed it in .cache/winetricks/vb6run before

Now, after "winetricks oleaut32=native" the server shows this when starting (propably because vb6run still doesn't work):

Code:
    2014-08-10 16:37:18.622: Bind IP : 0.0.0.0:27016
    err:module:import_dll Library OLEAUT32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\SpaceEngineers\\DedicatedServer\\steamclient.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library OLEAUT32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\SpaceEngineers\\DedicatedServer\\steamclient.dll") not found
    2014-08-10 16:37:18.822: Error starting Steam dedicated server
    2014-08-10 16:37:19.385: Logging off Steam...
    2014-08-10 16:37:19.386: Shutting down server...
    2014-08-10 16:37:19.387: Done

Again hoping for a solution for this.

Thanks,

Manuel

30. DarthBubi Trainee Engineer

You can enable X11-forwarding in your SSH-Client to avoid this error.
    If you are using Windows and Putty, you can activate it in Connection->SSH->X11. Check "Enable X11 forwarding" and put in "X display location" the following "localhost:0". Additionally you must install a X Server for Windows, e.g. Xming. Here's the download link http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/. The X Server must run during the connection to your server.
    When you now run "winetricks vb6run" your SSH-Client will show another window where you can proceed with the installation. Afterwards this error "err:module:import_dll Library OLEAUT32.dll" should be gone and the server will be running just fine.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.