Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Tutorials feedback info - Tutorial 3

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Peter Why, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Peter Why Trainee Engineer

Instruction panel 2. Using cockpit, seat, flight seat, control station for recharging energy. It might be worth suggesting the player tries each one, to see their different effects. As it stands, this instruction just feels like an extension of “to recharge, sit in a cockpit”,

Instruction panel 5. “.... power to open the blast door.” The environment is quite confusing for a beginner; you could add “which you can see beyond the solar panels”.

Instruction panel 6 is about batteries, but there is no action associated with it. It could be moved next to panel 7, where the player is pressing the battery's control panel.

Instruction panel 7. Setting the battery to semi-auto function. I noticed the tool tip for the first time here (“sets to recharge when stored power is on, sets to discharge when stored power is on 'max'”). It might be worth mentioning these tool tips, as they would help remove confusion over all those buttons.

Instruction panel 8. I think this is the first mention of “grids”. “Merge blocks can join separate grids together.” You could explain what a grid is, here. And, being a bit pedantic, is “merge blocks” an instruction? If it is, you could put it in quotes; it sounds a bit ungrammatical as it stands.

Mention that the red light is the effect of the new power flow. Red lights elsewhere often mean something gone wrong (like in block placement). The first time I encountered this, I was worried about stepping into the area.
    You could point out the button panel on the right, at the top of the bridge steps.

Instruction panel 10: placing armour blocks to transfer power. This is very different to panel 8 in Tutorial 2, where just the frames for the blocks were placed, to make a bridge. I think this is the first time that the player encounters using welder and steel plates to complete a block. This is only properly covered in panel 8 in Tutorial 4. It might be worth giving a little more information here.

... and you could point out that the red light will come on at the far side when the power comes through.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.