1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

Uninstall mod?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Silver IV, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Silver IV

Silver IV Trainee Engineer

A mod is no longer working on my server. I'm trying to uninstall it. But my serverhost says that they use the "official server tools" and removing a mod-id from the list AND the mod's sbm files is not enough. They tell me to reinstall (didn't work, mods came back!) and also to create a new world file (server wipe...).

Is this seriously not possible without wiping the entire server or is there something my serverhost is doing wrong?
    Obviously a full server wipe is not doable everytime a mod needs to be disabled/removed.

I wiped the entire server and put the worldfiles back. Sadly the mods came back too even though they are not in the mod list... Their SBM files got re-downloaded automatically.
    Is this tied to the worldfile?

2. Super_Happy_Alien

Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

Who is your ServerHost

In your worldfiles should be a sandbox.sbc and if you open that up with notepad your see a Mods list with all the mod you are running with there steam id no.

If you use FTP to edit files or do cleans with toolbox ect then you should be able to.

just remove the Line with the Number related to you mod save and exit reupload that sand box file to replace old one on server and restart.

3. Silver IV

Nitrado. Their latest response regarding this:
    They have a webinterface for configuring settings. I expected it to fully work but it has some bugs, this being another one it seems. Also Nitrado does not seem to know how to completely remove mods so that explains why their webinterface can't do it.

Anyway, removing the mod sbm files from the FTP (may not be required), removing them from their webinterface and removing them from the sandbox.sbc did solve the problem.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  4. Super_Happy_Alien

Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

Glad your got it sorted.

May i ask what mod was it ?

5. Silver IV

Several mods. But mainly the chathistory which was no longer working. And the mission screens became 'unscrollable'. And 2 mods related to extra blocks like catwalks but they were too big in download-size.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.