Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

United Space Empire

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by scarfell, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. scarfell Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Welcome to U.S.E. or United Space Empire. We fight through the vast open expanse of space for our goal, but our goal cannot be found in space. Our goal can be found in YOU. The U.S.E. Seeks to rebuild humanity across our shattered solar system and onto the scattered stars.

We long to see our industries climb into the heavens and wealth shower those who risk their lives for us. Our trade vessels will cross the most barren and hostile reaches of space known, our military fleet will protect and serve, never faltering, never failing. We strive to expand to new worlds and maybe even discover extra terrestrial life in the unknown.

We are open to suggestions and ideas form everyone. And are looking for all players with a variety of skills

We are currently looking for members and crew for various task such as:
    • Pilots
    • Ship Captains
    • Miners
    • Builders
    • Traders
    • And many more (send me a message on steam of a job you would like to do.
    Our Goals & Aims
    • To build a vast Empire
    • To design and create a powerful navy
    • To train and recruit powerful space combat pilots
    • To build and maintain a safe environment for our members
    • To create alliances and trade routes with other factions
    • To create a powerful industrial network to build many star bases

We also plan on setting up dedicated server with max population as soon as it becomes available. We do plan to make this an open server to all but you may have to apply to join. This is done to prevent griefers and make sure people who join the server are legit players.

This group is just getting started, so feel free to help develop the group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/UnitedSpaceEmpire
    http://www.space-engineers.net/index.php/community/groups/viewgroup/35-united-space-empire
    http://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/Faction:USE

Steam Username: scarfell

[​IMG]

Allegiance: Lawful Neutral

2. TheFurNinja Apprentice Engineer

Im sure im not the only one thinking this
    [​IMG]
    Other than that, welcome to SE. Good luck to you,
    TheFurNinja

3. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Is no one else in this faction/group/empire?

4. scarfell Trainee Engineer

There is currently 3 of us in the group and we have another 3-4 joining by the end of the week.

5. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

I have joined, long live the empire!

death to the jedi!

6. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

7 x 50km of cube space = 875,000 km of territory under their control. That's a fair amount of realestate.

Welcome to Asteroid Belt. Have a Lei made out of rocks as a welcome present.

7. Kirakira Trainee Engineer

I'd rather find a server first where I find like-minded people and get along with them before making or joining allegiances.

I've found in the past that those who recruit early tend to gather larger numbers of people who either don't show up or are mostly useless. Having been in several groups formed out of such necessity (creating groups early before the game was released to multiplayer) they either turn out to be led by newbies and the members who joined leave and form their own splinter groups later - or the leadership is actually mature and can manage a large population, but have their own set goals in mind and have no second thoughts about dismissing or kicking out anyone who has anything else to offer but undying obedience and loyalty.

If you're new and want a quick way to get 'in' with a playing group and gain experience, large groups are always a great place to start. You'll have a bigger population to draw on, for starters, so chances are there'll always be someone online to talk to or someone who can help you and answer questions. Just expect that your superiors will more than likely treat you like an employee, and you're going to have to do some grind-work for the clan/squad/group/guild/alliance and move up in rank based on both merit and how well you can kiss ass, I mean, socialize and demonstrate that you're trustworthy and capable of handling greater responsibilities.

I've had enough experience fighting for and piloting with enough clans and guilds, as well as against many various organizations, to know that they are all as unique as the people in them; the best ones are the ones that communicate freely, where leadership is open to discussions and ideas and can adapt to challenges, manage and schedule their manpower to be both effective and efficient, and trickle down responsibilities in the order of those most capable and not just giving high positions to people who are unable or unwilling to act accordingly to a situation.

As an example, I was a pilot in (clan x) for three years. The leaders were not experts on the field but they called the shots, made the big decisions and their expertise was in the big picture and making resource and fleet decisions on a larger scale. For the implementation of field structure, there were field commanders who managed the pilots and their roles. I had a hand in helping better structure the fielding units for better effectiveness and it turned out to be a structure we excelled at; broken down it was a splitting of a rule of maximum 6 units in play into two lance teams of 3, which then each had a lance leader who would lead the group of 3 who would stay together and protect each other.
    I turned down a promotion to Commander in order to remain a fixed field unit, and in my later tenure my 3 'light' unit lance simply became a 2 unit lance and as the most mobile unit on the field I was allowed to act on my own as an interceptor, harrasser, and decoy, as well as on-call support where I would be the fastest one to respond to any overwhelming threats to the 'heavy' lance team.

Any group of players will be different from any other group, but when it counts, experience and good team play have a definite edge. While with (clan x) we spent a great deal of time testing weapons loadouts for the best efficiency and practicing with each other to gain field experience, so we were always fully prepared for battle. On top of that, we had many discussions on field tactics and 'what if' scenarios, and when putting practice to plan, many of our distraction/flanking tactics worked quite devastatingly. Overall, I'd say we had a good mixture of direct firepower and ninja trickery at our disposal and we were one of the top clans for many years, despite technicalities that would have us place second instead of first in a clan wars season. Those bitter, consistent silver medals..

8. scarfell Trainee Engineer

As a large fan of strategy and simulation games I really like to keep things organized. As a result I want this group to be a fun well organized system with each role and ship type having a purpose and every member having there input on what to do next. Personally in these types of games a large well planned group is the key to success and that is hopefully what i would like to achieve

also if you would like to join a SE sever, when multilayer and sever support is released we plan on setting up a dedicted sever for these types of clans/groups.

9. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

Impressive stuff, I can't wait for multiplayer now

10. Kirakira Trainee Engineer

Don't worry about me.

When multilayer and sever are added, I know someone with a dedicted sever who has plans to host in invite-only so we can start small with trusted people and build our combat experience by fighting in small and equal numbers.

11. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

Join the EMPIRE!

[​IMG]

I highly recommend this faction to anyone and everyone.

12. tsc0308 Trainee Engineer

I am hesitating, as we still don't know how multiplayer will work, but this seems like the faction for me in case it is how everyone thinks it will be.

13. Ascensiam Trainee Engineer

Would you be interested in allying with the ITMO?

14. davesoft Apprentice Engineer

Sounds fun, but I'm gonna stay freelance till things become clear

15. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

In that case, you might want to remove this from your OP. "a great empire willing to ally with those who we can or destroy who we must."

16. Ascensiam Trainee Engineer

Yes, i was posting based on that line as assumption, if you are currently closed for diplomatic relations i suggest an update.

17. scarfell Trainee Engineer

We are open to all diplomatic relations. If you are interested in having an alliance just message me :)

18. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

I'm guessing from the star wars posters our alignment is...

[​IMG]

19. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

I hope you realize davesoft isn't the OP

20. scarfell Trainee Engineer

The USE is a neutral faction that furthers it's own interests. But is not afraid to got to war if need be.

21. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

22. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

But... the posters, the emperor will be displeased to say the least...

Can I design an alien coffee machine for the emprah please?

23. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

No, Empire give official masege that Dark Vader prefer 20 th century coffe machines, so you can find them on all empire ships. :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhOXw9bk6Y&feature=player_detailpage

24. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

"Sir! starkiller has broken through-KOFFKOFFKOFF"

"To our HEARTS!"

I want to make a coffee machine.

25. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

5 Mr. Coffee machines will be strategically installed through all large ships to assure maximum effectiveness.

26. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

I agree with this to a degree. You have to know what you're doing otherwise your faction will fade away.

27. scarfell Trainee Engineer

28. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Mister Deacon is correct IMO.

29. scarfell Trainee Engineer

Update

Players must now apply to join

PM me if interested

30. scarfell Trainee Engineer

Update

If any other factions are interested in an Alliance or any other Diplomacy PM me.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.