Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Unplayable] Game crashes fully after loading any world

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lashmar, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. lashmar Trainee Engineer

Hey all,

I got the game yesterday and was excited to play, but any tutorial/custom map etc that I try loads initially, then at what I assume is the end of the loading screen kicks me to desktop.

I have verified integrity through steam, reinstalled the game fully, reinstalled direct x, reinstalled the .net framework and possibly a few other things too, but all to no joy. Changing graphics settings/resolutions seemed to make no difference.

I'm keen to get this working after buying the game and being unable to play it, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Error log below:

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi lashmar, I see in the LOG that you are using DirectX 9 and it's no longer supported, so I'll recommend to try with DirectX 11 and make sure your graphic AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series is uptodate.

Some members had problems using two monitors, so try with one monitor to see if it's better.

Moving your thread to the technical support section of the forum.

3. lashmar Trainee Engineer

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response. This was one of the logs, but around 70% of the crashes were with DirectX 11 (I had seen some info on the fourms about DirectX 9 working for some people so gave it a go.)

I updated the AMD earlier in the week, and only use one (very old) monitor.

I'm happy to give any suggestions a try when I get home, so any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.