Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

{Unsignificant}[Version... 0.0.1?] Wrong unicode code used for unknown char placeholder in font.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Krypt, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Krypt Junior Engineer

2. I23I7 ME Tester

3. Krypt Junior Engineer

This font was used in Miner Wars? Soooo... Probably, this issue was inherited from Miner Wars :D

4. I23I7 ME Tester

/facepalm ah the ghost of the past. I will see if someone can take a look at it!

5. Krypt Junior Engineer

It is really unsignificant. Just a funny issue to report. Font rendering subsystem handles correctly this part, just uses not a dedicated charcode. And there is no font modding (at least officially ;) ), so...

6. I23I7 ME Tester

Only we can change it!

7. Krypt Junior Engineer

I found this place in the code:
    https://github.com/KeenSoftwareHous...cf7a250e1d/Sources/VRage.Render/MyFont.cs#L20

There is comment:
    Code:
            /// <summary>
            /// Replacement character shown when we don't have something in our texture.
            /// Normally, this would be \uFFFD, but BMFontGen refuses to generate it, so I put its glyph at \u25A1 (empty square)
            /// </summary>
            protected const char REPLACEMENT_CHARACTER = '\u25A1';
    But currently it is not true

I used Bitmap Font Generator v14.4 Beta (http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/) to genetare base of my font (https://github.com/krypt-lynx/SEBigBlueMono/), this version generates /uFFFD correctly. Probably it was fixed? Or some issues with your source font file?
    But there is different question: how you was able to create FontData.xml in current format? BMFont does not support it. I was need to create a format converter.
    --- Automerge ---
    Looks like answers is pretty simple: BMFont and BMFontGen is different tools...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  8. I23I7 ME Tester

Bump me up here next week. Right now i am looking into release and hotfixes i will get someone on it monday.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.