Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.4.16 - A Hole In Your Defense

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Developer

Summary:
    Hello, Engineers! We hope you enjoyed our April fools joke. The super axe has been shelved for posterity, and we're back to our usual schedule.
    This week we are bringing you machicolations. They were one of the staples of castle defense, and now we're bringing them to Medieval Engineers. In addition to improving the performance on servers, we're also fixing a clang bug with lockable rope drums when playing on Dedicated Servers.

Features:
    - Added Machicolations

Fixes:
    - Fixed bookshelf allowing every item.
    - Fixed a clang-issue when using rope drums on DS.
    - Slightly improved server performance when multiple clients are connected.
    - Fixed an issue where mining and cutting trees would not always produce particles.
    - Fixed an issue starting an empty world survival with day duration set to off. (Thanks josetxary19 for the report!)

• Like Like x 14
  2. Sir_Moodz

:clang: has been fixed !

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. Cetric

2nd
    --
    Edit: Huh! The bookshelf used to "allow every item"? Too bad I did not discover this while it was still on allowance. Stuff for free! :woot:

4. Ed Frost

5. beelzerob

Another great update.

6. Forcedminer

oh boy murder holes! :D

7. Silentfighter89

No the name is Marticul...Martical...Martucul...a ffff Murder holes:p

8. Ed Frost

machiculations or something :woot:

9. Forcedminer

a short silent yeah boi

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=murder+holes&*

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ed Frost

murderholes are indeed a thing, but they were mostly in straight walls.. not underneath the battlements
    as far as i know at least... ive just been busy with the middleages for approx 10 years :woot:

11. Scorpion00021

Gleninagh and Craigsmillar castles both have machicholations on round elements of the structure.

12. Cetric

We are depicting many stages of castle construction history by now. Palisades for earliest (or temporary field-) fortifications and machicolations after the Crusades. As this concept was found in Arab use in the Holy Land and brought to Europe thereafter (13th Cent. AD).
    Haha: <<The Spanish word denoting this structure, matacán, is similarly composed from "matar canes" meaning roughly "killing dogs", the latter being a reference to infidels.>>
    I should start calling barbarians "infidels" or " dogs" accordingly.

13. DigitalStone

I'm sorry pointing out the obvious because i'm quite new to the game.
    But isn't there a huge bug on the toolbar?
    When i construct 1 "Large Projectile" for example, i can just keep spawning them into the world while the item counter remains "1".

14. Silentfighter89

Language is interesting. ..Infidels has so much power in it. If someone says it to you in the right pronaunciation, you really feel it, even if you wouldn't know what it ment!...:tu:

15. Allammo

I had to search for that word, thought it is some kind of new movable component or weapon. I'm glad ME still gets new valuable content. Simple things make me happy, shame that in SE new content stopped to occure years ago :-(. New simple building blocks are always welcome for designers focused onto esthetics and functionality.

Great job people, keep up the good fight!

16. JuStX2

That's not a "bug" you /probably/ loaded the game/server in creative mode - limited resources are only a thing in survival. Honestly? Creative Mode is more made for making blueprints - it's not really designed to be "played on" - and yet it's the default mode of "quick start".

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  17. Ed Frost

update dayyyy *wiggly arms*

18. DigitalStone

No i was not in creative mode. I was doing a "single-survivor" game. Also i had specifically barbarians set to show up. After 20 hours of playing. Still no barbarians.