Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.4.5 - Multiblock Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Developer

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! In this week's update we have some improvements for the multiblocks. We also fixed an issue with claimblocks disappearing after their contested time runs out on servers that have been running for more than 24 days. We also made the DS configuration tool inform you when you have invalid values in your save and it will reset them to the default values.

Community Spotlight
    - Grand Palace - Order of the Rising Sun: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839324902
    - Integrated Wooden Gate: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834753578

Fixes
    - Fixed compound settings on inverted roof.
    - Fixed multiblocks not taking their resource cost when placed.
    - Fixed multiblock naming when aiming at parts of multiblocks.
    - Fixed roof battlement breaking down after building or deconstructing in survival.
    - Fixed barbarians spawning in the safe area. They will no longer spawn within a 300m radius of the safe area's center.
    - Fixed DS configurator crashing when certain values were incorrect. It will now reset them to default and notify the user.
    - Fixed claimblocks despawning instantly after the contested time runs out on any server that has been running for about 24 days. Servers should now be able to run fine for the next 30000 years.

Update 0.4.5.92574:

Fixes:

- Added tax values for bread, string and rope.
    - Fixed tool not equipping after loading the game.
    - Fixed tile roof top's missing construction model.
    - Fixed infinite fuel for the bonfire/furnace bug.
    - Fixed a crash when certain blocks were breaking apart.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Ed Frost

3. Merandix

Ooooh, that inverted roof compound bug has been annoying me. Thanks for fixing it!

Any chance of some info on the upcoming mechanics update in the coming weeks by the way? I am -very- curious :D

And I'm kind of curious what this 'safe area' is. Barbarians I've encountered sure didn't think I was safe for them anywhere. I have them conveniently turned off till they stop griefing my structures without warning, but I have high hopes for them :D (Yes, that is a shameless self-promotion, don't click if you do not like being referred to a suggestion topic).

4. Scorpion00021

Servers running for 30000 years without restarts confirmed!

5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hanfree

Thanks

7. Jananton

Well, that sure is an impressive castle, thanks for bringing it to our attention. For sure a good example what's possible size wise. :)

Greets,

Jan

8. Silen

Woo, more fixes!

I also recently experienced a bug which I will report soon. To summarize, I built a wall, but for some reason it got broken and now two ends of it are not aligned to each other, as if they were moved to a different grid.

9. Deepflame ME Director Developer

Update 0.4.5.92574:

Fixes:

- Added tax values for bread, string and rope.
    - Fixed tool not equipping after loading the game.
    - Fixed tile roof top's missing construction model.
    - Fixed infinite fuel for the bonfire/furnace bug.
    - Fixed a crash when certain blocks were breaking apart.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Scorpion00021

It seems over the last couple weeks, there have been issues streaming both Medieval Engineers and Space Engineers on Twitch using OBS. Xocliw was having the exact same problem I was having. Has there been some update to the renderer that has been pushed to both games or something?

11. Deepflame ME Director Developer

No recent changes to ME's renderer have been made. Might be something on OBS' side?

12. Scorpion00021

@Deepflame could be. I wsas thinking it was between SE/ME, OBS, or a graphics driver. Haven't updated GPU drivers in a couple months and I haven't updated OBS, unless it stealth-updates itself. I'll keep looking to see if I can get to the bottom of whats going on.

13. Ed Frost

give the updaye already... please.