Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.12 - You Spin Me Right Round

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Developer

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! We hope you enjoyed last week Wednesday's live stream, where we attempted to siege a castle made by a member of the community. They graciously invited us to come and attempt plunder, and so we did! We had a lot of fun, and I hope you will enjoy watching the replay.
    This week we've got a small quality of life feature, and bunch of neat bug fixes for you. Firstly, whenever you paste something from your clipboard, a spinner wills how up telling you the paste is in progress.
    Among the fixes are some performance improvements, one of them being inspired by the castle siege, where the medieval master buttons were overlapping and causing issues with clean-up.
    We also fixed being able to fast travel from enemy areas, so no more escaping your assailants, or exploiting it to get into people's castles.

Features
    - Added a spinner showing you pasting is in progress.

Fixes
    - Fixed being able to fast travel from enemy areas.
    - Fixed help text on map screen getting cut off.
    - Fixed sound not playing on large round wall with door blocks.
    - Fixed voxel hand materials not displaying the selected material on the HUD.
    - Fixed a small performance issue caused by colliding grids looking for blocks outside the grid's size.
    - Fixed medieval master buttons overlapping each other preventing proper trash cleanup.
    - "Remove floating objects" now also cleans up lootbags.
    - Fixed group name for thatch roofs and floors.
    - Fixed a rare crash when removing drums that were still connected by rope.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Sir_Moodz

3. Cetric

Second.
    Trying to sniff how far we are away from next major update...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  4. Sir_Moodz

Late :woot:

5. Forcedminer

"You Spin Me Right Round."
    [​IMG]

6. Köbi 2

Fourth! You spin my head right round, right round...

7. Ed Frost

8. DigitalStone

You devs really are going strong. So many things done again and again.

9. Ghostickles

Great stuff, be nice if the Dev team would put up a siege game every couple/few weeks; strictly to test game play, inspect for bugs, general improvement of things and let us watch. Of course it would be all work, no fun allowed; on the clock stuff.
    Who gets paid to play games?
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. beelzerob

Time to start teasing the next major, eh??

11. Concomitant

Excellent.

Now, limit how many bandages you can use in a given period of time, and your combat will be soooo much better. I'm tired of fighting trolls with 10 stacks of 30 bandages...you literally cannot kill them.

Please for the love of Klang, fix this!

12. Jananton

I have to second Ghosticles, watching you guys doing that castle siege was great fun and certainly something to organize more often. :tu:

Greets,

Jan

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

It's going to be GREAT!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. BFalcon

Request for one new part - can we have a similar block to the wall, but on its side available earlier on in Survival than the cube, so we can have stone floors? We could also use those for roads (the primary reason I'm asking). Some curves would be nice (perhaps overgrown with grass) but not really needed - we can always pile earth over them slightly... perhaps a transition piece from dirt road to flagstone would be good too, perhaps as a variant of the "stone floor" piece?

They'd be really great for linking the front gatehouses with the keeps and so on... without having to build full cubes the whole time - I wonder how many people gave up on roads with the amount of stone each cube needs...

Also, half-height stone walls would be very welcome - both as more permanent handrails, but also for external farmland and the like... the wattle fences that we have now tend to get destroyed by barbarians a lot. So much so, in fact, that the barbarians seem to love destroying them more than anything else. :)

Lastly, and idea. Can we have Guards, similar to the Servants you had before (and are working on)? AI would be something like: If you don't have a weapon, if there's a chest nearby, take the best you can and a crossbow if you don't have one and it's available. If you need ammunition, take x amount from the chest if you run out. If you see a hostile and you have a crossbow, shoot them. If you get attacked, or a hostile tries to pass your position (and they're on the same level) attack them. It would allow us to make multiple locations and know that some barbarian's not going to have a free run at kicking in the door and destroying everything, while, at the same time, not making things too easy for us. Perhaps split those into two types - Crossbowmen and Guards - Guards would be put in front of doors, while the Crossbowmen would man the walls? Of course, you'd need a Guard Here command for them in either case.

Loved the idea of Servants (or Peasants) - hope the AI problems get sorted easily, guys...

15. Ed Frost

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOOOOH

16. Sir_Moodz

Wow, I totally forgot its update day already :munch:

17. Ed Frost

i actually lost track of the time last weekend... so i asked someone which day it was earlier... :woot:

• Funny Funny x 1