Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.13 - It's On The House

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Developer

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! This week we've got some exciting new multiplayer feature for you guys, we have re-implemented the House system and it's now a lot more intuitive. You can create your own ranks, tweak their permissions, and you can become allies with other Houses allowing Fast Travel access through each other's areas. The House management screen has also been revamped, and we think you will like it a lot more now!
    We also merged the German localization, special thanks to KevusBorus, IndorilNerevar, crushburn and Koebi for the work you guys have done! We have immortalized you in the credits, go take a look! :)

Features
    - Re-implemented the Faction system.
    - Added German localization.

Fixes
    - Fixed vegetation draw distance not taking an immediate effect when you change it.
    - Fixed melee weapons not taking range into consideration when swinging at walls. (Thanks Stori3D_Past for the bug report!)
    - Fixed a subtle UI issue where clicking on the left half of a character in a text input field would put the caret after the character instead of in front.
    - Fixed an issue with old saves that helps recover areas flagged as claimed but with invalid claimblocks. Replacing the claimblocks should now correctly reset the ownership again.
    - Fixed an issue where combat didn't correctly affect weapon durability.

Footnote:
    Please be aware that while we tried our best to make sure all factions transition correctly to the new system, issues may occur, such as your banner design being lost. If your faction is not transitioning at all, please send us a backup of your old world before the update so we can look at why the transition is failing. If it is going wrong you can switch back to the last_week branch in betas while we fix it. Thanks!

Medieval Engineers 0.5.13.A7A51F:
    - Fixed slowdown of the map screen.
    - Fixed one of the freezes while loading the game.
    - Fixed a crash when a subpart disappears while connected to a rope.

Medieval Engineers 0.5.13.FB743A:
    - Fixed a crash when loading a mod that disables the diplomacy system somehow.
    - Fixed a crash where barbarians try to target an incorrect target.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KevusBorus

Awesome! You are the best!

3. Ed Frost

4. MongooseCalledFred

The options for intrigue just went way up. I might just have to play multiplayer when the mechanical blocks make their appearance.

5. Sir_Moodz

Talking about mechanical blocks...We need news about them :D Anything. All I heard was someone from the devs talking about how awesome it is going to be

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OmEgA_StOrM

great update i really love to see the houses becoming more advanced

a nice thing whitch i would like to see would be that houses would become more options as they grow. For example creating sub groups inside of a house.

7. Sarekh

want-faction-system-for-SE-like-THIS... SO MUCH THIS

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gesp_shad

Several players including me on a DS are having the issue, that the map is loading in very slowly and you cannot zoom into tiles with double click anymore. only the "show my positon" button works.

Edit: It just came to my mind it may have to do with the "Fast travel on roads" mod?

9. OmEgA_StOrM

cane somebody tell me what the last item in the second row at 2:02 in the video ist

10. Deepflame ME Director Developer

I have no idea, but it's not a vanilla thing, so he probably loaded a mod for some nefarious purposes. :)

11. gesp_shad

It's a planting pot of peaceman's apple trees mod ;)

12. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

The awesomest!

13. gesp_shad

Okay, I was testing every mod our server is running in a new save, and none of them affected the map not working properly.
    It is currently not possible to use the zoom function in the map and it is loading very slowly as I mentioned before. Does anybody else have the same issue?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  14. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

I checked it and it's working fine. The only reason I could think it wouldn't be is if your key bindings changed. Check the GUI tab in help (F1). Make sure your Primary click is bound to LMB
    [​IMG]

15. JuStX2

I'm alittle sad today - This is more a multiplayer feature this week and I'm more of a soloist. Oh well at least if/when I do get a chance to play in multiplayer it'll be easier. (Although I must admit I liked the idea of key-levels over faction - seemed more appropriate for the age)

16. gesp_shad

Bindings are fine. Still, if you press M for the map it comes up very stuttery. I will ask the admin about a backup, maybe this will help. Before the today's update it was fine though.
    --- Automerge ---
    If you are willing to see the issue by yourself please visit this server.
    --- Automerge ---
    After some testing (earlier backup, empty world with the same mods) we came up with the idea it might be the houses. There are literally a thousand houses on the server and since the update was all about it seems logical.
    Is there any way to "wipe" houses from an existing save?
    --- Automerge ---
    I would like to continue my monologue here: I was doing further testings and my assumption was confirmed. Servers with a crapload of houses have massive problems with the map. I was loading up such a save file and was removing the houses (>100) manually with the medieval master tools. After there were no houses left, the map was working fine again. I believe server owners might want to have a look at their houses lists and do a cleanup.

17. Ghostickles

This is cool. I love having read suggestions in the past and seeing the updates in the present. Having been along for the ride; the future probably has some awesome things in it.
    Thanks KEEN!

18. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Developer

Thanks. That's a good lead for us to start tracking the problem

19. Deepflame ME Director Developer

I discovered the cause and a hotfix will be coming for it soon. :)
    --- Automerge ---
    Medieval Engineers 0.5.13.A7A51F:
    - Fixed slowdown of the map screen.
    - Fixed one of the freezes while loading the game.
    - Fixed a crash when a subpart disappears while connected to a rope.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gesp_shad

Thanks again for the quick fix! I was cleaning up our house list anyways which gave the server a massive performance boost (maybe it is just coincidence though). The list shrunk from more than 100 to 25 houses.
    Still, I will watch the server performance the next days and give a report. This might be a good lead for other server owners though.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Deepflame ME Director Developer

Bonus early morning hotfix!

Medieval Engineers 0.5.13.FB743A:
    - Fixed a crash when loading a mod that disables the diplomacy system somehow.

Previous version is available as pre_hotfix as usual in case your server isn't updated yet. :)

22. JuStX2

That's not a bug in the first place - it's called Sentience - and modern AIs use them to great effect. After all was it not Sun Tzu who said, that the less your enemy knows about your next move the higher your chances of succeeding at it?

I know it's not SE - but listen I say even Medieval Machinery is capable of a limited form of sentience, because after all - it is merely, input, synthesis, output - which even a rope trap can respond to input with a output - Synthesis is just the change of operation.
    --- Automerge ---
    if you have a server with 100 players I'd be surprised to see you on the list - last i checked maximum player count was 16 (at once). Ofc I don't know if that applies to DS - but seeing as it's the same basic game......also ime most ME servers have maybe 1 person playing on them at a time...maybe it's my timing though.
    --- Automerge ---
    Ironic that a US Citizen spends more hours on a Chinese Timezone Setup than they do DST...but that's life - you never have anything easy - except that space port (inside joke sorry)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  23. Bad Humour

nah maximum player count at once even for a locally hosted game is 100. I wont dare try it but if you put the slider for max player count all the way up it reaches 100 for locally hosted games.

24. Ghostickles

...waiting for @Ed Frost to announce the beginning of tuesday update anticipation...
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  25. Deepflame ME Director Developer

When I got a notification that someone posted in this thread, I was sure it was Ed Frost saying "Uuupdaaaate", I was already joking about it to Twinkie. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. Sir_Moodz

@Ed Frost We need you ! Update won't release until you are here

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  27. Ghostickles

Lol, He is our town crier. Yes, hold the update until Ed cries!

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Sir_Moodz

Turns out he was here all along, just waiting for the update to come out... LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Ed Frost

soory guys :( i forgot.... there was a lot going on last week on my side :( ill do my best to pick up my job again next week :)