Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.1 - Now With Mechanical Blocks

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Deepflame, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. jemccro Trainee Engineer

So I do not start with any weapon and cannot craft one either. How am I supposed to beat any barbarians that come at me? I keep hitting them with my stone axe but apparently it does little damage. I'm trying to find my loot bag on the compass at the top of the screen after respawning, but I keep walking in that direction and haven't found it yet. It is not pictured on the map and there is not a distance reference on the compass. I was trying to stay around the same area as the mining icon for the tutorial for the ore deposit so I know where it is, but now I appear to be some distance away from the initial spawn location.

2. LeonserGT ME Game Designer Staff

You can't craft it if basic tutorial quest is active, you should finish it or abandon it if you think you know the basics, then basic recipes will be available, including wooden club. Also, spawn locations should be safe, barbarians will appear once you travel out of it, so you probably left it while wandering around.

3. Kryjeck Apprentice Engineer

Having an issue with fast travel on Multiplayer (Don't know about single player) where after I travel it will kick me into the air and send me flying for about 3-4 blocks in a random direction.

4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

lol that sounds awesome.
    if you have the screenshot you can use a website like imgur to host it then copy paste the url here.
    imgur is awesome you just drag and drop the image onto the site and it'll give you a url.

5. MechanizedIT Apprentice Engineer

I'm hopeful that they will add a block in the future to output physical motion from the windmill similar to how the rotor worked before, now it is just animated blocks to power the mills, which is cool don't get me wrong, but I want to be able to build machines, windmill powered draw bridge, elevator, crane, whatever we can come up with, that's what drew me into the game from the beginning, maybe a spring block that you could use to store power and can be used in dynamic builds. Otherwise, an amazing update!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bad Humour Apprentice Engineer

Yeah tbh that is the only real gripe I had with the update the performance issues I am having arent that big and its because im flying around the place for the rest this update is amazing.

7. Silen Apprentice Engineer

Knew you'd promptly fix it. I love how you look at the forums and take feedback. Thanks a lot. :)

8. kitsunelegendXx Trainee Engineer

Jesus, 2 hotfixes within the last 24 hours since the patch hit. You guys are bloody amazing! =D

Really wish other dev teams for other game took lots of notes on how to develop a proper game. Especially a certain space sandbox game... >.>

9. Archetypal Trainee Engineer

Yeah, i hoped for the same thing, i really like the new blocks but a more flexible way to use it would be awesome.
    I asked in the livestream yesterday and deepflame said, they have plans to connect the two systems. It's just not so easy not to clang everything.

Different gear sizes and pulleys would make possibilities endless for engineers.
    I'm also wondering if torque is a factor in the mechanical blocks system (concerning possible additions of different gear sizes in the future).
    From what i heard during the stream they factor in friction.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

Hey thanks for that steel-hammer!!! I have not gotten into much stone things and the big multiblocks yet (because we have now that quest-thingy for all the noobs, which takes like forever), but boy oh boy that hammer is fantastic! Loving it!:D

11. MongooseCalledFred Trainee Engineer

My favorite part of this update is the extra support for joysticks. I'll have to pull mine out and see how well it works. After that, I'll have to figure out how to update my banner mod to 0.6...

12. Cetric Junior Engineer

And see, the heavens opened and a mighty ray of light flooded the scene, giving new hope for more miracles to come, as the Lord saw His followers resting on their ME planet happily discovering His new gifts He had recently bestowed on them with update 0.6.
    "You shall rejoice also with wonders I still have in my supernatural sleeve ready to slip down to you", the Lord mumbled to Himself, as He watched His happy sheep-engineers enjoying themselves down on the grassy plains digging for clay. "My mechanical blocks, connecting rods, gears and what else wonderous thingies shall entertain your mortal minds beyond compare and render the infidels out there jealous and eager to buy my Godly game as well... once they will be finished, that is."
    And the Lord reviewed His latest patch He had thrown down onto His planet and He saw it was good. So He went plundering the last Czech supermarket still having tea bags on stock. For a break.
    And in some hidden cave under the planet surface sat Lord Clang in his anger and schemed eagerly how he could strike on the awesome constructions popping up all around his hideout done by the faithful sheep-engineers in honor to the Lord and how to do havoc among them, those despicable believers of KEEN Softwarechurch of Engineers. "This time you win, KEEN, but the last word isn't spoken yet." Meanwhile, he had to suffer greatly under his own wrath, for he was finding himself almost powerless, surprised by the mighty deeds of the Lord.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Officially That Mindset came from Games like Minecraft and Starmade first...3d Games are only recently starting to adopt the position of permanent version downloads.

14. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

0.6.1.2B7F60
    Crash Fixes:
    - Fixed a crash that would happen when a quest definition is changed so that it instantly completes when a world loads.
    - Fixed a crash while building.
    - Fixed a crash when picking something up that disappeared at the same time as the pick-up.
    - Fixed a crash when an ally would disconnect from the server while you are spying on them on the map.
    - Fixed a crash where server logic was accidentally performed on clients as well.
    - Fixed a crash when modders tried to make changes to the animations incorrectly.
    - Fixed a crash caused by catchblocks trying to clean themselves up after being deleted.
    - Fixed a crash where the rope tool was not deactivating correctly.
    - Fixed a crash attaching ropes to blocks that were being damaged.
    - Fixed a crash when compound blocks were removed while building.
    - Fixed a crash caused by multiblocks.
    - Fixed a crash when saving the planet.
    - Fixed a crash preventing player data not being saved correctly.
    - Fixed a crash when placing a block with incorrectly defined additional models.

General Fixes:
    - Fixed bronze sword crafting recipe.
    - Fixed deer plaque crafting recipe.
    - Fixed smooth millstone toolhead crafting recipe.
    - Fixed missing skull crafting recipe.
    - Fixed windmill blade crafting recipe outputting 5 blades per second instead of 1 blade per 5 seconds.
    - Fixed missing LODs for several models.
    - Fixed the log spam for dedicated servers.
    - Tweaked desert flax growing times.
    - Updated several research quest descriptions that could be confusing.
    - Increased gristmill milling efficiency.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Amazing

16. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Really good work on this KEEN team. I just came here to post complaints, but dont have any, so yeah, suck it up. :)

17. Kiboman Trainee Engineer

hell yes

43 player at the same time on my dedicated server with simspeed 0.95

nice work!

18. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Last hotfix for the week, enjoy the weekend guys!

Medieval Engineers 0.6.1.F1BF98
    Crash fixes:
    - Fixed a crash when there are duplicate items in the respawn screen.
    - Fixed a crash when you complete a quest while the questlog is open without a quest selected.
    - Fixed a crash when building while a block is being removed at the same time.
    - Fixed a crash when a player disconnects but the server still had input queued.
    - Fixed a crash when a player died, which was handled by a parallel thread instead of the main thread.
    - Fixed a crash when you would quit a game.

General fixes:
    - Updated quest descriptions for some military quests.
    - Fixed steel plow being crafted in smithy instead of forge.
    - Fixed iron colouring on stone and limestone.
    - Fixed localization text and button handling for the "You have been banned" popup.
    - Fixed missing palisade block, and tweaked their costs.
    - Tweaked surface ore deposits.
    - Added "Tutorial" to tutorial quest names to indicate that they are tutorials.
    - Increased stone output for mining with a pickaxe, and made voxel material output consistent.
    - Tweaked map piece descriptions.
    - Increased torch burning time from 1 to 30 minutes.
    - Disabled the structural integrity debug text by default.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

if i was working at Keen i would celebrate this weekend for an excellent release and what i consider now a highly recommendable game. 0.6 to me is a 10/10. clang is rare now, which makes me worried.... clang may oppose version 0.6.

20. yokse Trainee Engineer

i can't connect small blocks to mobile parts of mechanical blocks, only can be used for sawmill and gristmill :(

21. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

It's time to get back to medieval! Great job guys!

22. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

BEHOLD THE FIRST RIDER OF THE APOCALYPSE

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Damn o_o

24. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Will weekly updates continue?
    --- Automerge ---
    What is this blue border which passes through in middle of an area? It shows up when place a block on a certain location.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  25. Bumber Senior Engineer

I think it's related to grid alignment. Not sure exactly how it works.

26. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

It's a claim border.
    EDIT: not a claim, is it a region border?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  27. Dale Huntington Trainee Engineer

Pretty much anything you want from the US that I can get for you guys. I love this game and I'd buy it all over again if it would help, but I think you folks would have more fun with tea. *grin*
    --- Automerge ---
    oh... and I should answer the question... tea bags... lol

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.