Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.2 Patch 8 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    This will be the final update to 0.6.2, now we will focus on polishing 0.6.3 to ensure its quality is as high as possible. In this patch we improved the speed at which inventory items transfer between inventories when you bulk-move large amounts of items, the respawn camera is now positioned correctly on your claimed respawn bed, and we solved an issue that prevented you from respawning when alt+tabbing in the respawn screen. Additionally, we have even further improved the performance with the fracture pieces, they should no longer freeze the game when a building just started collapsing. Switching toolheads in the mechanical crafting blocks will now return the resources that were being used, putting it in line with the other crafting processes at this time.
    Enjoy the update, and see you with 0.6.3!

0628_2_thumb.jpg

General Changes:
    - Optimized large inventory item transfers.
    - Camera shakes for axe and hammer now work in multiplayer.
    - Alt+tabbing while in the respawn screen no longer prevents respawning.
    - Subcribed blueprints that are switched to private by the author no longer show up.
    - Switching mechanical toolheads now returns the resources currently being processed.
    - House banners now update correctly on house banner flags on DS when it is first created.
    - Improved the performance of fracture piece creation, preventing game freezes on building collapse.
    - Changed the camera position when selecting the respawn bed in the respawn screen to be more correct.
    - Updated input handling to prevent pressing multiple keys at once causing certain GUI to overlap incorrectly.
    - Mining with the pickaxe's right-mouse-button no-resource mode will no longer generate all the resources the moment left-mouse-button normal mining is used.

Thanks,
    Keen Software House team

• Like Like x 5
  2. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

First ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Yay \o/ i even forgot it was tuesday

4. Adam Spencer Trainee Engineer

Thanks Keen! :D

5. Grandpa Canuck Trainee Engineer

I miss the update videos.....Can we have a short update video for 0.6.3 maybe?

Anyway thanks for the continued good work....over the last few months I have been able to bring back players or entice a few new players because of your hard work on things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Adam Spencer Trainee Engineer

To be honest it would be a boring update video :D

I'd rather they did a update video for each point update - so 0.6.3 / 0.6.4 ect. Would be more to discuss and get the hype train going! :)

7. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Oh boy, I wonder what 0.6.3 will bring! I do have a few guesses...

8. a-bullet Apprentice Engineer

"- Mining with the pickaxe's right-mouse-button no-resource mode will no longer generate all the resources the moment left-mouse-button normal mining is used."

i'm glad the bug reports actually get adressed. i'm worried about posting one i kinda like to abuse tough, out of fear it may get fixed :woot:
    what the heck. i'll do it for the greater good / game

9. Grandpa Canuck Trainee Engineer

0.6.3 Hm....well here is my hope/wish list...........

1) Visible seasons. I know the sun travels different now according to the season and can track the seasons with a sundial, but having snow or wet spring or tree/plant changes more visible would be a big game improvement for me.
    2) More used for leather, like armour and even some sort of pouch/backback to increase inventory size.
    3) More animals to hunt and maybe even a predator animal like a wolf.
    4) With wild animals come domestication so chicken coops, pigeon coops and even cows maybe.
    5) Rivers and ponds. Eventually bays and seas.
    6) More distinct trees in the different bios and some specialty use of these woods for certain items.

Well back to playing and dreaming for the great updates to come.

p.s. Oh and a small blue flame when ya turn on the ancestral torch

10. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

Greatly appreciate that! Works like a charm again. :)

Excited for a real update again after two months. I think we earned a Horsi now? Or maybe a cat? :woot:

11. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Sorry guys still pretty new to ME, how often do they do a wipe where you loose everything you built?

12. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

We don't host servers and we don't force resets. Usually players will wipe their servers because of degrading performance in large worlds or compatibility problems after updates. We work pretty hard to keep the game compatible with the previous version but a world that is two or more versions old may have issues.

Mods are often a source of trouble since they need to be updated for new versions of the game sometimes. This has been a sore spot for the community. What you should know is that when you load a world with an incompatible mod, the mod may not be able to load. That means when you get into the world the mod will be missing and any blocks from that mod will also be missing. This is not an immediate disaster but if the world is saved while it is like that then it loses the mod information. In some cases it may be better to not play on a world after a major update until the modders have updated their mods. This is when most server admins will start a new world so that people can continue playing instead of waiting for modders.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Thank you for the information, you guys are awesome.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay update daaaaaaaay

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yurets Trainee Engineer

Yeah, that would be great. I was playing for 50 hours already, and the world looks very static and kind of empty.

Also cave system would be nice to see.

And another idea is to have system of finding metals similar to one in mod for Minecraft called TerraFirmaCraft. Simply described - a player has a tool, using which it is possible to determine how far is ore deposit (very far/far/ .../close). Then metals can be hidden below ground level and it still would be possible to find them.

16. Cetric Junior Engineer

You are aware this what you describe is science-fiction, or more adequately, *witchcraft* in a medieval world?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

When cooking witch, one must ensure they are roasted well done, herbs may be added to taste. * goes off and gathers wood and straw for the fire*
    --- Automerge ---
    [/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that would be great. I was playing for 50 hours already, and the world looks very static and kind of empty.

Also cave system would be nice to see.[/QUOTE]
    Every time I pick up a pick ax, I create a cave system. Its fun to carve out shapes and patterns for others on the server to fine.
    I

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. tmike Apprentice Engineer

looks like there may have been a Issue that held things up. I hope the blocker is nothing to bad. as its now in the late at night in the UK and the wee hours in the Cezeck republic

19. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

You good sir, will suffer death by my dowsing rod.

20. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

where... is... my... update? ;-;

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. glubbfreund Trainee Engineer

I asked in the SE Stream yesterday - no update. Perhaps we get a major update this week instead? :)

22. tmike Apprentice Engineer

I wonder if there was some kind of blocker before the update. hope fully its not to bad. it would be nice if the told us something. I know they said that for SE, Though I could see it apply to ME as well but those are two deffrent projects with two deffrent teams. so some info would be nice

23. boromir Apprentice Engineer

They are working on the next major update instead of the weekly. This was announced earlier.

24. Supreme Chicken Trainee Engineer

I don't see any announcement anywhere saying there wouldn't be an update this week. The only two recent times we didn't get a weekly update (in preparation of 0.6 and around Christmas) it was clearly stated beforehand there wouldn't be any.

25. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Read the OP. There are a couple references to the 0.6.3 release and the focus of their activities.

26. Supreme Chicken Trainee Engineer

It doesn't state anything about a time frame. It just says the next release will be 0.6.3 and not another patch. It doesn't say polishing will take x weeks, it doesn't say see you in a couple of weeks.

27. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

I’m not worried if there is no update, since I started playing, Keen seems to have a handle on their game and when they do update it’s always made the game better. So I don’t mind sitting back and playing while they go forth and do great things for us.

As my Grandmother would say; “If you don’t have time to do it right, where are you going to find time to do it over?”

So relax, have a mead or two, pick up your hammer and go build something great, the update will come when it's ready.

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. Yurets Trainee Engineer

No, this is called *prospecting* and tool is called *prospecting pickax* which is used "to scrape at rocks and minerals, obtaining small samples that can be tested for trace amounts of ore" (wiki) and now, by amount of traces it is possible to say how far is ore. If no traces found - then ore is pretty far =D If one gets a rock and finds out that it's pure iron ore - then ore deposit is finally found.

Prospecting process in game is simplified, of course.
    --- Automerge ---
    It seems I played Minecraft for too long :D So now hitting a rock is pure pain for me, yet still I'd love to build an underground living quarters.

And also I prefer singleplayer, kind of got bored from MP.

29. Bryant Trainee Engineer

Don't know about a prospecting tool, but I certainly would like to see more critters in the world. I am relatively new to the game, even thought I shelved it for a long time. The concept is great, but lacks some of the environmental elements. Animals, weather and water would be awesome. Windmill mechanics are fine, but water wheels is where it is at. Also rainfall that can impact crop growth and failure, along with seasons. Stock for the winter....

But overall it is a great game and I see such a huge potential and look forward to more updates and content.

30. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

I agree with Bryant. But I think at some point we will see everything we are looking for, it just takes time. I rather see them move forward slowly and get it right, instead of rushing in like some game companies, foul it all up and spend the next year trying to fix it instead of moving forward like they should and are. Like I said before, I have faith in Keen and since I joined the game I have had nothing but fun and always look forward to see what comes next. Also the Modders keep you excited about the game too with their add on's and there are some great ones out there too; Yeah I'm looking at you wolfgar7474, peaceman and STORI3D PAST just to name a few.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.