Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.3 Patch 2 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    In this update we've resolved a memory leak that was causing memory consumption over long hours of uninterrupted play to climb steadily higher, eventually causing system performance deterioration. We also addressed the most common crashes over the past two weeks, and we will continue to monitor the game's stability after this update.

We updated the compounding settings of the pillars, they now behave consistently and how they used to. Consuming fruit juice and tea now returns you an empty jar for re-use. When interacting with other players their names now show up in the notification, and we improved the combat hit calculations to be more accurate.

For the server admins we've introduced Watchdog. Watchdog simply monitors player activity and writes it to a separate log file. It logs when players are entering other people's claimed areas, it logs when damage is dealt, and it logs diplomatic status changes. This will allow admins to track down griefers with greater accuracy. Server administrators looking for specific information can contact us with suggestions at either medieval@keenswh.com, leave a message in this topic, or write to Deepflame directly on Discord, and we will take it into consideration.

Finally, for the modders there were lots of little changes, have a read over at the modding changes list to see what was changed. The most important part is that your custom models should now LOD correctly.

Enjoy the update!

0.6.3.2._minor_update_thumbnail.jpg

Crash Fixes
    - Fixed several memory leaks that was leaving deleted game objects in limbo.
    - Fixed saving the game while voxel hands are active crashing the game on load.
    - Fixed a crash in ranged weapon reload when stamina stat was missing.
    - Fixed a crash attacking blocks that were just destroyed.
    - Several crash fixes to various physics related systems.

General Changes
    - Introducing Watchdog, it tracks server activity.
    - Localized item tags that were missing localization.
    - Tweaked female run animations to be a little more fluid.
    - Removed torches from barbarians, they were equipping them all the time.
    - When interacting with other characters their name is now displayed correctly.
    - Fruit juice and tea now return the jar used to create them when they are consumed.
    - Updated the hit calculations in the combat system, hitting should be more reliable now.
    - Updated pillar compounding, they should now behave consistently, and as they used to.
    - When loading a game with active equipment the toolbar now correctly shows the equipped state.
    - Improved server-side bandwidth usage by not sending physics information for each stationary dynamic object.

Modding Changes
    - The crafting components now utilize the CraftingSpeedMultiplier, a lower value reduces the crafting time.
    - Allow consumables to return items upon consumption, look at Fruit Juice and Tea for examples.
    - We fixed ParallelTask getting set to null but not set to a proper value on reload.
    - Changed Hunger effect definition to allow greater flexibility in modding changes.
    - We updated transparent block rendering to render like it did before 0.6.3.
    - Updated quest condition base to fix a modding problem.
    - The Toolbar component is now an entity component.
    - Model LODs for custom models now load correctly.
    - The StepComponent nows support appending.
    - Whitelisting Animation Variables storage.
    - Whitelisting MyUseObjectsComponent.
    - Whitelisting MyObjectBuilderType.
    - Whitelisting Crosshair Info.

Thanks,
    Keen Software House team

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.4A7F35:
    Crash Fixes:
    - Fixed a client crash when accessing lootbags on a DS with an inventory multiplier less than 1.
    - Fixed a crash when unloading any equipment mods while still having the modded items equipped.
    - Fixed a DS crash when spawning lootbags on a DS with an inventory multiplier less than 1.
    - Fixed a crash when trying to pick up blocks when they are unloading from the game.
    General Improvements:
    - Toolbars no longer disappear when alt+tabbing, or when changing game resolution.
    - Altered mouse DPI handling for people with extremely high DPI settings.
    - Tweaked options screen to prevent mouse sensitivity going to 0.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

aaaand i forgot it was tuesday again :woot: anyways... YAAAAAAAAAAAY

• Like Like x 1
  3. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

4. McVoy Trainee Engineer

Finally

5. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cetric Junior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Make love, not war!

7. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

"I made the goulash. The least you can do is wash the dishes after you eat it!"

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Yurets Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]
    Did it in Minecraft three years ago =D

Hurrah! Now I can finally start making juice and tea!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ljorius Trainee Engineer

server updated and restarted, lets take a look ;)

10. Ciero9 Trainee Engineer

I was about to make my first fruit juice/tea last night, but my wife made me stop to eat dinner instead. At least I know that these drinks will return the jar as I hoped/expected. :)

11. Cetric Junior Engineer

LOL. Looks like a rather clumsy number. And I will not comment about the beauty ideals involved here either. Looking forward to copulation animations in ME once they come. Will be more classy-spicy for sure. Until Marek finds out the product will be NC-17-rated if they published it like this.* :D

*https://www.quora.com/What-do-G-PG-PG-13-R-NC-17-movie-ratings-mean

"Consuming fruit juice and tea now returns you an empty jar for re-use."

Invention of recycling in the medieval world confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

D'aaaww, I liked the crunchy part... :(:D
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Medieval Engineers 0.6.3.4A7F35:
    Crash Fixes:
    - Fixed a client crash when accessing lootbags on a DS with an inventory multiplier less than 1.
    - Fixed a crash when unloading any equipment mods while still having the modded items equipped.
    - Fixed a DS crash when spawning lootbags on a DS with an inventory multiplier less than 1.
    - Fixed a crash when trying to pick up blocks when they are unloading from the game.
    General Improvements:
    - Toolbars no longer disappear when alt+tabbing, or when changing game resolution.
    - Altered mouse DPI handling for people with extremely high DPI settings.
    - Tweaked options screen to prevent mouse sensitivity going to 0.

14. Grandpa Canuck Trainee Engineer

Good update. Love getting back those jars after drinking the juice.

Best thing here is the ability to help admins track griefers, LOVE IT!

Do have to admit solving the memory leaks is impressive. As a long session player this is good to see and will help us a lot.

Keep up the good work.

Current hopes and dreams............ with fire damage as ya stand in a fire now a thing in game, I want tar to place on fields and flaming arrows to shoot into it to start it on fire to BURN MY EMEMIES during an attack. Can't wait for more things to use for fire traps....HA HA HA "Let em burn!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

You COULD already hurl campfires and fire pots in the general direction of your enemies and hope that you hit them with the flaming side.
    Or place them in a trou de loup like fashion in shallow holes -- although the emitted light and smoke might give away their position.

16. MaxIlyich(RUS) Trainee Engineer

Hello. I wildly apologize for my English, because he does not know that I live in Russia, but that's not the point. I would like to thank you immediately for playing the medieval engineers, this is a very cool game, and sometimes it would be something to create, related to mechanics, which you need to think about very well, again thank you for playing. Again we return to my English. I do not know, maybe there is some section on the forum for suggestions on the implementation of something in the game, but I do not know exactly where, I'll leave it here. I do not know if I can tell you what's in my head, but I'll try. I translated the Google translator. Excuse me. Is it possible to introduce such a mechanics as the wind. More: It is possible to connect windblades only for static blocks, but also for those who create players on wooden beams. This will create a bunch of huge mechanisms for wind traction: elevators, open / close gates, trolleys in the wind, well, after all, you can even do something like a car, trolleys with the same traction. Just everything that is being done now is an engine with an error with ropes and drums for them (((((This is a very diverse game, it will stand out from others and attract more players.I hope you understand me with your English (Thank you, that I love her very much and play with great pleasure.

17. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Pretty cool stuff in there guys.
    Thanks KEEEN!
    :)

18. boromir Apprentice Engineer

@MaxIlyich(RUS) wow, that didn't completely come through but, I think you're looking for a wind powered car or wind powered elevator? Have you tried hooking up the Mechanical block to a Rope Drum or the Mechanical block to Round Timber?

19. Yurets Trainee Engineer

How do you do that by the way? In the main menu video it is shown, how crankshaft is connected to mechanical block, but I tried already multiple times on multiple blocks and I just can't connect anything (timber, round timber, round timber using catch block, crankshaft) to it. Only as static blocks.

20. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

That main menu video has been around since the very beginning three years ago, it was some kind of trailer/concept video back then. You can't rely on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MaxIlyich(RUS) Trainee Engineer

Hey. Yes, I tried to connect almost everything but nothing came of it. Therefore, I would like to be able to connect the block of the blades to the hubs. Here's another video filmed with a bug on the engine. I'll try to roughly show how I see the concept of a car or Elevator on wind-driven.

• Like Like x 1
  22. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

I also wish the output from a windmill could be attached to something other than just the sawmill, gristmill, and ore crusher. Player-built contraptions of all sorts!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

UPDAAAAAAATEEEEEE

24. Yurets Trainee Engineer

Not today. It's a Czech national holiday today.

25. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

T_T

26. boromir Apprentice Engineer

This guy is so incredibly hilarious! :D What is this from?

27. Roxette Senior Engineer

It's from an Australian film parody of Italian action–adventure films of the 1960's and 1970's, first released on YouTube in 2007, "Italian Spiderman". ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU )

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. Bumber Senior Engineer

A bold new Clang for an old era!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. MaxIlyich(RUS) Trainee Engineer

I'm sorry, I didn't get your message.(

30. Bumber Senior Engineer

It's like the bugs from Space Engineers, except now Medieval Engineers are doing witchcraft in old times. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.