Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.3 Patch 4 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Senior Engineer

When, when, when, when? Can't wait!!!

2. Supreme Chicken Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  3. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i read 5 days until update? cool!

no reason to undersell the hard work and lead with improved chat imho -- go ahead and brag a little, let it out! give us all the details so we can buy a copy! :carlton:

4. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

I'm told we're saving the best for last.

5. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

continuing an old metaphor, i am in the dining room awaiting the new menu change coming out of the kitchen. someone dropped this food list on your main site page but not twitter, you cant shut me out >

http://www.medievalengineers.com/me...ent-resource-rebalance-improved-hud-and-chat/

"Improved HUD Design
    HUD improvements will include backgrounds to increase quest readability and a completely redesigned chat system. Chat will be improved and expanded to give players more control over communication with features that have long been requested by the Medieval Engineers community. New channels will be created for private chat, local chat, and chatting with members of your house. Chat will have history so you never miss another message. Chat commands will provide quick actions such as playing character animations. The new chat system will be moddable including channels, filters, and commands. If we don’t get it just right for you and your friends then it can be modded your own way.

Resource Rebalance
    The resources will be rebalanced to improve gameplay and pacing. Players should be able to make reasonable progress within the timespan of an average play session. Inventory stack sizes, block components, and other costs will change to balance the time spent gathering against the time spent crafting and building. This will let you spend as much time on making your perfect castle as you do mining and lumberjacking!

Vrage Remote Client
    A new server manager client for Keen Software House games will allow you to monitor and manage all of your dedicated servers remotely. It will include features like monitoring server performance, session settings management, player management, faction management, chat, message of the day, the ability to start/stop/restart servers, and the ability to trigger a game save at any time."

... still thinking the game update is next TUE as is the live broadcast?
    says "Join us August 28 for our update live stream where we will be previewing our next update before releasing it" which now makes me think the TUE thing is 'before releasing it' meaning not that same day? preview? just as i was all excited for the new menu i get a bad confuse vibe that the update is not next TUE... <facepalm> what is 'previewing' doing to my joy for thinking the update is TUE? or is it same day.... someone help! :munch:

6. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

There isn't as much detail on twitter because of the character limit. The website or forum is the best followed by other social media.

On the 28th we'll be both previewing the new features before the release and playing multiplayer after the release.

Also, I just viewed the final copy of the trailer. It's so intense!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Good good.

Sidenote: i thought it was the 26st today... I curse you summerholiday

8. Supreme Chicken Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

Soooo... does this imply a new combat system?

9. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Inb4 ME-battle royale edition...

Also.... UPDAAAAAATEEEE.... Finally.... Its been so long my phone kicked it out of its dictionary

10. Cetric Junior Engineer

Anticipation temperature rising...

11. Frostik Apprentice Engineer

Looks like it. Or at least we get some new animations.
    Youtube recommended this to me today

Coincidence?

12. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

sooooooon ????

13. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i have adjusted all my appointments, client contacts, and family arrangements in anticipation. now get in my belly. 12:00 PM CST USA is the broadcast... big day. big day. billions of people will be affected. schools might close. college dropouts will motivate into entrepreneurs. czech citizens will invade germany. i know it may not be good form in the political climate we are in but i kidnapped an undocumented immigrant and consider him hostage to the ME release today. everything goes well, i let him go. otherwise i naturalize him and teach him "hope".

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

The live stream countdown is live now!

16. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i yield this post text space to Ed Frost for that exact moment:

17. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Uhmmmm... Thanks?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.