Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.060 – Sound block, New skybox, Bugfixing #7

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. immex5 Trainee Engineer

After patching all of the asteroids on my dedicated server are gone..... awesome.... Keen, I really like what you're doing, but twice in a row you have royally f***ed our server up (Last one being the factions glitch) Can you please hold off on updates until you know it wont screw things up?

2. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

Yeah my server lost all asteroid exept the middle big one, singleplayer or dedicated multiplayer no longer creating asteroids :/

3. immex5 Trainee Engineer

Yeah I spent hours last night building an asteroid base....

4. Conradian Moderator

*sigh*
    I hate to say it, but this is alpha. There used to be a statement somewhere from Keen or one of the devs that said "Space Engineers is in alpha, this means it will be buggy and at times may not even work," or words to that effect.

5. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

Wow, glad I did learn my lesson already to not trust any patches that Keen releases after the last week "bug fixing" patch.
    I won't update my server for at least not 24h after the update. And then only if no gamebreaking bugs are reported in the forums. Keen should make it possible for people to downgrade, as lots of players can't play on online servers because I am by far not the only server operator following this procedure...

6. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

F*** off with that alpha shit, if you really buy into that crap, if a game is being developed than part of that 'development" process is testing if the fuc**** thing works, not breaking it and putting it into production.

7. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Keen you may aswell remove any aspect of gameplay if you plan to simply break it rather than fix it, This *bug fixing* has done nothing but break the game more and more and more, whilst at the same time causing a major pain to those that support the MP side of this game.

8. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I'm likening the new skybox good job. As for the sound blocks this is really good especially with the radius adjuster.

9. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

OH they added a new skybox.... makes up for breaking the game...

10. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Is that one bug blinding you from all the bugs they have fixed granted their are bugs from this update but maybe you should be patient take a break and stop with the usless critism. I agree multiplayer is a problem but multiplayer is also the longest and hardest to fix so wait a bit longer.

11. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Now this is what I hate usless critsim absolutely worthless just leave if you hate it so much I'm done with hearing this.

12. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

A quick heads up, there is a massive issue of missing asteroids from the new patch.
    Singleplayer, the spawn base asteroid will be there, but all others will be missing.
    In dedicated servers, they are all gone.

13. LordNex Trainee Engineer

Im glad ive started holding off on any patching for a while after as well. Only thing that sucks is i always forget to backup my client. and even then restoring that usually doesnt work as steam will overwrite it as soon as its launched.

I agree, some of these bugs are game breaking for Dedicated Server owners. You would think that there would be some recourse instead of wait and pray.

14. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

Have loaded 3 maps, no rocks missing. May not be as widespread as you think. They need to check your worlds, with a Before and After save.

Fixed: Projected Button Panel now plants
    Fixed: Projected items with cargo in the BP, do not spawn with said cargo

15. Boas Trainee Engineer

I guess you could call missing astroids a bug... I mean... it's like calling it a bug that you don't have the chess board, when playing chess.....

If we could just get a response from the dev. team, telling us, that "they are aware of this, and are working on it... a new patch fixing this will be out within the hour"

Then I guess the "useless critism" would stop... ;)

16. Conradian Moderator

Ok, so uncalled for raging aside let me explain the development pipeline of an early access alpha game to you, I'll even use Space Engineers as the specific example:
    1. The devs write code for a new feature/bugfix.
    2. The new code, as all appended code does, creates a conflict somewhere and thus a bug.
    3. The devs push the new code, bugs and all, to the Closed Testing Group, who find and report the biggest bugs they find.
    4. The devs go back to their code, fix what they can, and get it ready for release on Thursday.
    5. On Thursday they release the code to us, the ALPHA TESTERS (Not players).
    6. We report the biggest bugs that we find.
    7. The devs release a Friday hotfix to address the bugs they can address.
    8. Return to step 1.
    I will not 'F*** off with that alpha shit,' though perhaps you should consider actually paying attention to what you got involved with.
    You are not a player, you are an alpha testing. By buying the game in early access you agreed to be part of the game's development. If you don't like it, there's the door. *Shows metaphorical door*
    No, they should not. Allowing downgrading decreases the number of testers on the current build of the game.
    P.s. As always, in big letters for you all:
    BUGS THAT TAKE ONE DAY TO FIND DO NOT ALWAYS TAKE ONE WEEK TO FIX. REPORT BUGS YOU FIND, AND THEY WILL BE FIXED WHEN THEY CAN BE FIXED.

17. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Wow, glad I did learn my lesson already to not trust any patches that Keen releases after the last week "bug fixing" patch.
    I won't update my server for at least not 24h after the update. And then only if no gamebreaking bugs are reported in the forums. Keen should make it possible for people to downgrade, as lots of players can't play on online servers because I am by far not the only server operator following this procedure...

Can you please hold off on updates until you know it wont screw things up?

My world just broke after updating to this :S
    World size went from 10mb to about 200kb and the asteroids are gone:

Yeah my server lost all asteroid exept the middle big one, singleplayer or dedicated multiplayer no longer creating asteroids :/

dont even have to look at other pages, its always fun when the 50 or so regular players on your servers have all their stuffed messed up and cant continue playing...

18. ThePaladin Trainee Engineer

Hey devistator? He's kinda on a roll here, I don't think calling his legitimate claims "useless criticism" will help anything

19. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Like that bug that included changing a False value to a true value.... oh yes how difficult.

20. Conradian Moderator

Ooh ooh where's my commentator voice:
    "And just look at the deflection, he saw the argument coming, waited till just right moment, and with a mastery I don't think we've seen on this circuit in three decades sent it off without even scraping it. Just wonderful."
    Honestly though what bug are you referring to?

21. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Let me just dig through the archives.

22. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Here keen I'll solve the problem for you to shut these guys up LOCK THE MULTIPLAYER and only let people that actually can handle a buggy multiplayer deal with it because apparently these people can't have nice things. They have probably fixed more than they have broken but to some people 10 fixed bugs is 10 fixed bugs, but 5 new bugs is 50 bugs am I getting this right and what they do is complain. Yes I will agree some stuff they say IS useful but could you PLEASE LEAVE THE CRITISM PART AT THE DOOR AND CALM DOWN. Thank you for your understanding.

23. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

Stop playing the game then. Just stop, and throw it away. You are useless.

Alpha is going to have bugs, its going to break, and it's going to have issues. If you failed to read that before buying into an Early Access program, have someone else read it to you.

Keen does NOT have the staff big enough to do any heavy testing for every possibility. That is what WE are for. If you don't agree, throw the game, and even your computer, out the window. There is only so much BS you can shovel out before some one slaps you for it.

WE are part of the 'development process'. WE are the testers, the bug hunters, the ones that help find out what is wrong, and gets it fixed. Only a GIMME! fails to see that.

24. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

You know that flaming like an idiot does not help anyone in any way? If you wanted the finished product, you should've waited until it is finished and not in alpha. I am not even going to waste my time on talking to you, it's apparently as pointless as you yelling at everyone. Up yours.

25. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Found it,

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/1-059-dedicated-serversurvival-x64-all-player-ids-have-changed-cant-spawn-at-med-bays-7194642?pid=1285289836#post1285289836

in reply

"yup

Did someone accidently screw up <ResetOwnership>false</ResetOwnership>? Its like this flagged was set to true even though its off in my config."

Phand (dev) says:

"Hi,

this is sadly true. :( We will fix it in Friday hotfix. This is my mistake. I am truly sorry."

26. Kémy IronGator Bergeron Trainee Engineer

At least there is some one who understand here..
    PS: All raging ''players'' should ask themselves: If you wanted a full game, then why did you buy a Alpha?

27. galacticon Apprentice Engineer

Can you add the old skybox as a mod for us?

28. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

And once bugs are pointed out, they are not fixed as is seen on several occasions, 1 million copies sold and they cant have a steady development process?, instead they decide to add in new blocks rather than fix exsisting features?

29. Conradian Moderator

Right SyKo, can I call you that? I'm gonna make an assumption here and say you don't do much, if any, programming.
    To lay it out simply, it is incredibly easy to have a value changed by accident by a new piece of code. The new code interferes with the old in some way and causes a change like this.
    The problem is, unless you know what you're looking for, it's really hard to actually see the error, particularly if its not an error that the computer will throw up and say "Hey, you dun f***ed up."
    I'm gonna do it again, I'm gonna post it:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
  30. eyedentify Trainee Engineer

Please do the community a favor and keep of the forums until you learn some manners in wich way to communicate in a sensible and meaningful way.
    I smell troll behind your nick name.
    If your thinking of replying with more filth or potty mouth manner then just don´t.
    It just reveals how imature you are.
    Just go away...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.