Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.084 - DirectX 11, Station rotation

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. linio Trainee Engineer

Pretty good work!
    excepted news models and textures...
    Too expensive for a required configuration of PC.
    Should be better to give the choice to "nice" models/textures and "basic" ones.

2. Carbongrip Trainee Engineer

The need to add this to update log!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

I deem this the Tron update.

Anyway, awesome job Keen, my ships and stations look 10x better.

Gameplay wise, I'm already anticipating epic pvp battles in which main power goes down, running around with torches in a dark interior desperately trying to do repairs.
    Or boarding parties hiding in the shadows, waiting to pounce.

4. hellatze Apprentice Engineer

also, the light quite intense.

5. Carbongrip Trainee Engineer

Take the blinders off people, we got DX11 but it really sucks yet, sticking to DX9. Lighting doesn't look right, it's super dark in DX11 mode and glass doesn't look right. Also I have a Industrial Thrusters Mod that the author updated for DX11 but now it only textures right in DX11, in DX9 it's a flat colour. Also in DX9 mode the standard fighter cockpit has head clipping issues when in first person.

6. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

"Station rotation" was that intended to sound that way? :)

7. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

So far everything looks good performance wise however the major issue involves the improper rendering of mods made with dx9 textures and the overly dark lighting. Considering that there are many mods that are no longer supported and may never be updated to dx11 would it be possible to integrate the texture converter into game engine to automate the texture conversion internally or implement some method of backwards compatibility so that older mods will be rendered at least somewhat properly even if they are of lower resolution or have some minor lighting issues as a result

• Like Like x 1
  8. Warixx Trainee Engineer

Just had a look ingame, DX11 looks reeeeally nice, I love it! Unfortunately, the station I've been building the last couple of weeks now crashes the game. I loaded it in DX9 and removed all mods, saved it as a new blueprint and tried to place it into a new vanilla world -> still crashes :( Is it possible that ships cannot be as large in DX11 as in DX9? Since there is nothing special about my station, except that it is large.

9. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Update:
    Community updates

- Added Height Offset for Suspension Wheels - THDigi
    - Attach GameLogic to Blocks multiple times - Tyrsis
    - Create asteroid from prefab voxel definition midspace
    - Floating item quantity display update - rexxar-tc
    - Fix assembler issues - RossM
    - Allow modding the Laser Antenna's line-of-sight requirements - RossM
    - Shorthand numbers for ScreenDialogAmount control - UberMouse

• Like Like x 8
  10. ajacstern Trainee Engineer

Awesome update keen! You surprised me! I have been waiting for this update for a long time. I guess this means planets are getting closer :). My question is: so we saw the gravity generator remake in the preview, but we didn't get it. Does this mean more blocks will be updated with better models in the future? :D I hope so.

11. Carbongrip Trainee Engineer

How does DX11 look nice? It sucks, lighting and glass are not working right in DX11, I hate how my ship is lit fine in DX9 but super dark in DX11.

12. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

Doing that woukd increase the loading time. If autoconversion is included it would make sense to have a message apear when it activates telling the player its not hung, just converting :)

13. Willemina Senior Engineer

Back to waiting.

14. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

I'm grinding fine in DX11. Must be a problem with some configurations only.

15. aerosabe Apprentice Engineer

Pretty :) Funny the update didn't include the gravity generator that they already previewed, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Warixx Trainee Engineer

Maybe it comes down to taste (or there are some issues on your end that I'm not having?). I'm sure the lightning "weird eye adaptation" will be fixed. As for the glass, I actually like that you can look through it from both sides now. And yeah, I king of like the dark interior look, but if you prefer the old look, just stay with it :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Animal 22 Trainee Engineer

I'm crashing on launch into DX 11, I don't suppose theres a tool to change me back to dx9?

18. mexmer Senior Engineer

unfortunately not, but open %appdata%\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.cfg
    search for
    Code:
    <item>
          <Key xsi:type="xsd:string">GraphicsRenderer</Key>
          <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">DirectX 11</Value>
        </item>

replace with
    Code:
        <item>
          <Key xsi:type="xsd:string">GraphicsRenderer</Key>
          <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">DirectX 9</Value>
        </item>

19. Animal 22 Trainee Engineer

and where might i look for the file in which to do this, or what fis the file name that I may search for it?

EDIT: ah, now that your post is done being formatted i can see the file i need to edit, thank you, the fix worked perfectly

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  20. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

I too really like the dark interior looks.

For those who don't like it, just a few questions.
    Are you using suit lights? (L key)
    Do you have interior lights?

Sorry if the questions seem to be silly, just making sure we are on the same page.

My ships prior to this patch never had interior lights, I could see just fine inside without them.
    When I upgraded to this patch, the ships were in complete darkness. After I installed the lights, everything became well lit.

I'm kind of excited by the darkness without the lights now, since lighting will become a gameplay feature during pvp instead of merely just decoration. (Shutting off lights to disorientate intruders for example, or batteries with emergency lights for battlefield repairs)

21. Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

Oddly enough, avatar picture matches my first impression of poster perfectly.

Any updates on mining lag and invisible walls when drilling?

22. galacticon Apprentice Engineer

Wonderful update, new blocks look great. Now we get to speculate on what blocks will be added.

What happened to George, is he alright? Thanks for your great work!

23. Rantage Trainee Engineer

9/10. Would have awarded full points if the phrases "knees too pointy" and "does Keen even lift?" were included.

• Like Like x 1
  24. theamazingtaco Trainee Engineer

I feel that DX11 is incomplete at this point but has the potential to make the game really nice, when I was playing around in an asteroid I noticed the light levels seemed to fluctuate between 3 different levels, I don't know if this is intended or just a bug in the current DX11 code. Also on a side note, KEEN PLEASE REMOVE THE SPOTLIGHT GLARE EFFECT. It is very annoying and doesn't reflect how the light should work overall.

25. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

Well, today I saw some "nice" people who registered just to rage about how stupid they are... Man I'm so glad there is Ignore option on forums now.

The "eye adaptation" is also in Medieval Engineers and its actually realistic. Your eyes adapt to amount of light you see. So if you are in darker places, they will adapt and you will be able to see better etc. They wont remove it and I like it.

To the update:
    I actually quite like it, looks nice, the only problem I have is, that my sun has dissapeared :D And well, asteroids load in when you are like 500m from them which scared the sh*t out of me when giant asteroid just appeared in front of me (all my settings are on max, render distance is 14km).

-sniped by Todes

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  26. piddlefoot. Apprentice Engineer

Excellent !
    One of KEENs best updates ever.
    So close to planets now it tickles.
    Awesome to see the updates are larger and contain more.
    Its like KEEN have shifted into second gear, really good stuff.

27. <KBG> Rencoatsue Trainee Engineer

ok to the guy with the smart ass remarks. before update. server didnt crash at all. after update. server and all players game clients are crashing every 5 mins. soo explain how this is such a great update when just the graphics alone while using direct x 11 look like a damn oompaloompa blew chunks on your screen.

nvidia 970
    octa core 3.6 ghz.
    32gb ram.
    win 7 ultimate 64bit.

28. Dragon0G Junior Engineer

Awesome! Still, I wish you hadn't colored the blocks. . . I wanted to see the color scheme. :woot: I guess I have to wait till I can play.

29. szalkerous Trainee Engineer

Yep, and they'll get banned for it pretty quick if it's the post I'm thinking of.

30. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

Sounds like someone is mad that he missed out on his golden ticket to the chocolate factory.

• Like Like x 4
  31. David184 Apprentice Engineer

i kind of don't understand how the lighting works. for my taste it feels darker.
    also this happened in the Quick start's space station

i like how they made the cockpit but the camera is kind of messed up :(
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.