Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.101 - Landing gear fix, Performance improvements, Small ship turrets

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. McyD Apprentice Engineer

I can't even use DX9, game loads to menu screen, but with no menu buttons. Even tried deleting the config and letting it regenerate, same result.

2. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

You can also just say "%APPDATA%\SpaceEngineers". Little shorter, more direct, and users can type it exactly as it appears. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

ahh well lets hope the patch tomorrow will sort it out.......... time to fire up Empyrion for a bit

4. McyD Apprentice Engineer

that or mad max.

5. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

I just set my miner to jettison 1,000+ K of stone, so it's not gone on my DS.... Btw: looks like they tweaked the look of the asteroids...

6. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

I'm just welding and minding my own business when I see a window floating past me. I checked my ship and everything is where it's supposed to be... Not sure if I should worry about this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. McyD Apprentice Engineer

I was looking for that...

8. RyansPlace Apprentice Engineer

• Like Like x 7
  9. thatguywithahammer Apprentice Engineer

This kills the page

10. thatguywithahammer Apprentice Engineer

Must be a memorial to all the ships that were shattered like glass by the hammer that was landing gear.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

Also noticed here that the welding sound continues to play even after the block is at 100% until you stop clicking, don't know if that's new, haven't been in the game for a while.
    And there's quite a performance drop (or that's what it feels like) on vanilla worlds.
    Finally, I noticed the asteroids are drawing like wireframe, but I don't know if that's me playing with the source or something.

Cheers

12. KalTauri Trainee Engineer

So if the small turrets expose angle/azimuth like the largeturretbase does, you can make actual small homing missiles using PB and a turret.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

And now my jetpack doesn't turn on at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. chrisb Senior Engineer

O.k. there wasn't a burger, but we got fixes, so I'm cool with that.

These pirate fellows sound awfully unfriendly types, what with killer drones and so on. You know I don't fit many guns to my ships. But I do have a very fast forward motion, but enough of my private life.

Thanks Keen, good update. I'm still looking forward to those planet thingies you mentioned. Early October will be a great time to have them, I think your right hanging it out a little. :cool:

15. rylo Apprentice Engineer

Is the new faction neutral, aggressive, or cooperative?

16. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Who will be the first to merge block a large ship to a station with a small ship attached to a landing gear? :)

17. buckshot158 Trainee Engineer

18. Athalon020 Trainee Engineer

Running into some issues with exploding pieces after the update. So far, after about 30 minutes or so, I've lost a ship grinder, four ship drills, and a connector. All small ships, all exploded after contact with stuff under 0.5 m/s.

The connectors also seem to have become incredibly strong under a specific condition. If I have a ship connected (assuming it didn't explode), if I press "W" for full forward thrust, then release the connector, it will yank the ship back to the connector. While previous builds have released the ship easily, this one results in explosions.

Also, whatever was changed to the asteroids has caused a few platforms in my server to become damaged where the asteroid "grew". One platform lost an entire Large container and all connecting pieces, the space has been replaced by ice.

• Like Like x 1
  19. buckshot158 Trainee Engineer

Add me to the count... :C

20. Sinbad Senior Engineer

can anyone confirm this? also when posting huge long error logs use a spoiler. \[spoiler/] massive wall of text/pics etc \[/spoiler\] (minus the '\')

21. Legotaz Trainee Engineer

ok guys ive found a work around : it seems that its something to do with antialiasing fxaa and msaa in direct x11. what you need to do is go to your config file in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers then open up SpaceEngineers.CFG file
    now scroll all the way to the bottom and look for the line that says:

<Key xsi:type="xsd:string">AntialiasingMode</Key>
    <Value xsi:type="xsd:string">1</Value> the value >1< might vary depending on what fxaa or msaa you have it set to, just change the value to: 0 then save the file and fire up the game...... HEY PRESTO game fires up like a charm in DX11:) :) :)

22. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

I seriously can't get my game to load now ;\

It did a performance decrease lol.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  23. GibboAu85 Trainee Engineer

I have encountered a problem. All my Gatling turrets have turned into missile turrets and I cant place a Gatling turret anymore.

24. TheAPHEX Trainee Engineer

Gatlinturrets got transferred to Missileturrets at save files. Also after leaving Flight seat ship get shut down/engines turn off. Jetpack-sound is somehow buggy. every time you get to a stillstand and or move it plays the sound as if you would turn on/off jetpack. Small-Ships are out of glass again... I flew against a docked small ship with the jetpack. and the whole ship is now gone - vaporized - also the connector from the station and like 4 blocks around it.
    Patch->Fix problem A & add problem B->patch->fix Problem B & add problem A again->patch fix problem A&B& add problem C->patch fix problem C & add problem A & B again.

25. zacrron Trainee Engineer

Great work!

Side Note. I Have noticed two new bugs.
    First I am no longer able to place Antennas and Beacons and any of the two that were present before the update have vanished. Then the ship or station explodes :woot:.
    Second I am hearing a repeating sound of my jet pack turn on and off while the jet pack remains active.

26. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Yea it's true. Now we can make hydrogen bottles.

• Like Like x 1
  27. {XP} BetaSword [GER] Trainee Engineer

I'm wondering, I've already used an Autopilot ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=397936881 ), made by " [DoT] WiDOC ".
    Due to me loosing my Small Tunnel ship on a Server (With quite a load of Ore, containing mainly 3MillionTons Naquadah-Ore, 2Million Iron-Ore, as well as some Uranium-Ore after drilling through an Asteroid 3 Times, with the entry-point consisting of Naquadah-Ore), when the Game disconnected me.
    So after I reconnected (and started at the initial-Spawn-Point), it looked, like the Ship kept it's Speed, drilled right through the Asteroid, and went into the unknown, making me loose aabout 4-5million Tons of Ore.
    So my decision was made, that I#d look for a way to get an Autopilot in the Workshop, that would at least let me go through the Asteroid without me loosing the Ship and it's Ores on a disconnect.
    It seemed, that this "Autopilot-Core for Small Ships" was quite the right Fit for the Task, when I watched it#s Manual-Video.
    The initial Problem of getting the Ship to initialized wasn't a Problem.
    Since the Initialisation doesn't Work, I installed the Core into My ship in SinglePlayer, then I initialized it, Saving it as a new Blueprint after that.
    With the Autopiloted Ship, I'm able to go to one Point of the Asteroid, and activate the "GO STOP", setting up the Waypoint for the Ship to approach with the Autopilot and stop there.
    After doing so, I made my way around theAsteroid, activated the Drills while touching the surface, and activated the Autopilot, that now uses it#s own script to reach it's Goal, without leaving a Fear for the hip to get lost, wen I get annother Disconnect.

I also made quite a uhuge, warp-Enabled Mining-Carrier, serving as my mobile Base and refinery for just anything, that my small Mining-Ships bring in, with Docking-Systems using Landing-Gears on the Capital Carrier, to secure the small Ships inside(before I used the Capital Landing-Gears, the small ships seemed to have Problems, holding on to the Hangar-Ground, even tough, I also used their Landing-Gears, damaging both, Ships and the Hangar in the Process).

As Far as it goes for this Autopilot-Blueprint, my Opinion is quite as High as it get's, since it worked the last Time, I was connected to the Server.(with the only Problem of not being able to automatically Rename the Thrusters on the Server)

28. jdc017 Trainee Engineer

Update is fun but I found a new bug when a small ship tries to dock with a station even really really slowly the magnetic attraction of the couples pulls together the ships small couple explodes

29. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Looks like a few spoilers slipped through this time. The hydrogen bottles are interesting to say the least. Im really happy to see the landing gears fixed and the pitate carriers. Its a step in the right direction! Planets are looking awesome too. I'm way hyped :)

The small ship turrets aee kinda cool and probably a needed feature, but I preferred the no-AI keen mod for small shops so you had to have a gunner with you.

30. Renic Trainee Engineer

I also cannot use my jet pack any longer, I checked the world settings, it is enabled but I cannot turn it on anymore. Also, discovered when holding W (while piloting a ship) and pressing X to turn on the inertial dampeners, it will cause the game to crash. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I have been sending the log to Keen when it happens maybe a hotfix is coming otherwise, without my jet pack there isn't much I can do.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.