Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.101 - Landing gear fix, Performance improvements, Small ship turrets

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Graphics performance has also decreased for me...

I think it's to do with the addition of Ambient Occlusion?

Or am I mistaken and it has been in the game already?

I recommend a new graphics option to disable/enable Ambient Occlusion

To me it does seem like a new effect.. it does look different compared to last weeks update.

If it is a new effect, this is the type of thing you put in the change log.

2. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

KEEN I WANT YOUR BABIES! You finally fixed Landing gears! No1 on my hate list. Thank you thank you! I can easily wear any new temporary bugs induced by this patch...I know you'll fix them quickly. In fact I am so happy you finally got Landing gears fixed if I login and something else explodes I''ll probably just cackle deliriously manically! :cool: */Dances a jig around the computer room while the wife searches desperately for the tranquilizers. :D

P.S. Oh and awesome planet teaser Keen!

P.P.S Tip first day of patchmas start a new world to see the updates. Never load an existing world until the fix patchmas patch arrives. It's pretty normal with no slight at Keen to have patchmas day dramas. :eek:ops:

P.P.S. Stop posting bug/log reports in here we do have a Bug Forum y'know!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Galaxian Apprentice Engineer

I rarely use the vanilla antenna for aesthetic reasons, but it seems that the compact antenna has disappeared from all saves involving it and cannot be placed, might be the same for other antenna mods.

4. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

Can anybody confirm if the new IMDC ships are encountered in the same way as previous random encounters (that is to say, isolated and powered down), or if they've been converted into a faction like pirates?

5. Athalon020 Trainee Engineer

A quick update, we're up to 37 drills lost now to low-speed detonations....

6. dnvm84 Trainee Engineer

How is it that you say you fixed the game but now all of the antennas are gone. If I fly away from my base I can not see it on HUD. I can not see any of my ships because all of the antennas are gone. Plus it seems I am not the only one that is see a slow down in the game graphics. I want so much to keep playing but you keep messing things up and making hard for me to continue enjoying the game.

Oh I also have these light orbs at my base. I can fly through them and they do nothing. What are they?

Please fix this and the other mistakes you have made.
    Thank you.

7. Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

I loaded a copy of my save with no mods. Jet packs work again. I need to poke it further to find out which one is broken, unless they patch it tomorrow.

8. Dragon0G Junior Engineer

Ooh, I love ambient occlusion! It makes everything look so much cooler. 8D

9. Athalon020 Trainee Engineer

Alrightey, well we just discovered another platform that got eaten by an asteroid. So after the update, we have these issues:

-1 platform partially consumed by a growing asteroid (Destroyed large container and contents, around 15 or so armor blocks
    -1 platform totally destroyed. Of 500 or so blocks making up the platform, 4 are left intact)
    -2 connectors exploded
    -39 drills exploded
    -Massive lag, not a connection problem since it's occurring on every server we connect to

We've basically shut down the server until the next update is released. We can't do anything without stuff exploding left and right. There was one point where a drill exploded inside a hangar, threw debris around inside the hangar and began a chain reaction. We reloaded a save just before then, so we "prevented" the explosion. Once we made sure it was all back, we disconnected and shut down the server. The game is just unplayable right now.

10. Renic Trainee Engineer

Looks like I will find something else to play till tomarrow's patch. Hope it fixes the bugs this one caused. Right now, the game is unplayable. Awesome update, love the Pirate carrier, love the planet tease, but no jetpack means no work getting done, no point in logging in, i can't even get to the miner's cockpit without my jetpack.

11. LATENT PRECISE-IMPOSER Apprentice Engineer

12. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

13. ziant Trainee Engineer

JD.HORX.. one of my favorite creator. now his collection became encountered ships. what a great update..

14. OldGamer67 Apprentice Engineer

I'm happy ... kinda.

Updates are always good. Bugfixes are always good. New blocks to play with are always good. I'm happy about all these things.

But.

You knew there was a but, right?

Small ships appear to be more fragile.
    My Fuel Cost readout is always at 0 even if my batteries are fully charged. The low power warning goes off every few seconds.
    Connectors have now achieved the gravitational pull of black holes. Sometimes.

It's a good update but I'll wait for the hotfix.

15. malteins Apprentice Engineer

Yes I'm having some similar issues. In my case the AI-Core block mod, is available in the G-menu but it's not placeable and got removed from my creations. I mainly use "Small Landing Gear" block mod, and this one is broken as well.
    With this patch I also noticed a drop in graphics performance. Some things got fixed, other things got broken.
    Thanks KEEN for the Landing gear fix though!

16. Jureth Trainee Engineer

The game crashes after start. Log file ends with

2015-09-25 07:24:32.339 - Thread: 15 -> Error processing message: SwitchRenderSettings
    2015-09-25 07:24:32.344 - Thread: 15 -> Exception occured: VRageRender.MyRenderException: Failed to compile shaderps_[blur_planet.hlsl][blur_h]
    at VRageRender.MyShaders.Compile(ShaderBytecodeId bytecode, Boolean invalidateCache)
    at VRageRender.MyShaders.InitPs(PixelShaderId id)
    at VRageRender.MyShaders.CreatePs(String file, String func, String header)
    at VRageRender.MyPlanetBlur.RecreateShadersForSettings()
    at VRageRender.OnSettingsChangedDelegate.Invoke()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.UpdateRenderSettings(MyRenderSettings1 settings)
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.ProcessMessageInternal(IMyRenderMessage message)
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.ProcessMessage(IMyRenderMessage message)
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.ProcessRenderFrame(MyUpdateFrame frame, MessageFilterDelegate filter)
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.ProcessMessageQueue()
    at VRageRender.MyRender11.Draw(Boolean draw)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.Draw()
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderCallback()
    at SharpDX.Windows.RenderLoop.Run(Control form, RenderCallback renderCallback, Boolean useApplicationDoEvents)
    at VRage.MyRenderThread.RenderThreadStart(Object param)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
    2015-09-25 07:24:32.345 - Thread: 15 -> Hiding window
    2015-09-25 07:24:32.978 - Thread: 15 -> Hiding window done
    2015-09-25 07:24:32.978 - Thread: 15 -> Showing message
    2015-09-25 07:24:32.989 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MySteam.get_BranchName()
    at Sandbox.Game.Gui.MyGuiScreenMainMenu.DrawAppVersion()
    at Sandbox.Game.Gui.MyGuiScreenMainMenu.Draw()
    at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyScreenManager.Draw()
    at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyDX9Gui.Draw()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.PrepareForDraw()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedRenderLoop.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Run>b__1()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericRenderLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedRenderLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.RunInternal(String[] args)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

17. Monkeyking Trainee Engineer

It may be that the landing gears are a Little better now... but after this update all Workshop objects i used broke... i was building a huge carrier with lots of Rotors and Pistons and timerblocks... useless now :( loaded my savegame and half of the ship fell apart... more than 75 hours of building gone....

18. Dreokor Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  19. zacrron Trainee Engineer

The Light Orbs are the glare or light from the beacon or antennas not being present anymore. I noticed the light where mine use to be and trying to place new ones in creative.

20. kingkrieg Apprentice Engineer

i have only one thing to say for this amazing update:

[​IMG]

21. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Oh wow, I didn't expect landing gear fix, who knows, maybe we'll get fixed rotors and pistons next week :'D

(Also, I wish the vanilla large ship turrets had a flush base like this new smalll ship ones :()

22. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

Wanted to add, a lot of blocks are experiencing severely sensitive collision detection/effects. Multiple times, I'm building a ship in creative when I accidentally take a block off causing another block to drift. Gyroscopes are now more effective than warheads at taking out a quarter of my ships...

23. fabricator77 Apprentice Engineer

Even Oxygen Bottles stored in containers have been drained.

Also I have problems with my small ship, the cockpit shows 0 seconds of fuel (battery powered ship), and refuses to drain oxygen from the tank. The battery still powers the ship.

Also small ship grinders are made from glass again, and explode too easily.

24. Rico Junior Engineer

Wow Keen.. i love it !

25. Zombie_Destroyer_5690 Trainee Engineer

Love the update you guys! =)

However, (isn't there always...)

It seems Energy/Oxygen usage has dramatically increased since 1.100. I literally refilled Energy to 100%, mined Uranium for what wasn't more than maybe 2 minutes, came back to drop off the little bit I got, and was at 42%.
    There was once where I actually started losing health from life support failing. I've been playing for well over 120 hours, and that's never happened. Thinking their might be some issues.

Am I the only one who's noticed it?

Also can't use DX 11. Graphics card not supported anymore. GTX 970 4GB. It's well over min sys req.

Few other issues, this isn't the place. Just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that you run through energy now versus in 1.100.

26. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

Hopefully all the side-effects of last nights patch will be rectified in the hotfix as usual. :)
    The additions are amazing!

Great work Keen!

27. ChoMar Trainee Engineer

The small ship turrets kinda make ALL large battle ships obsolete. I mean, theyre still more robust, but theyre also a way bigger target for the same amount of firepower and WAY more expensive. Why should I ever again build a large battleship? I mean, there are still purposes for large ships (Mining since the Freight weight got added, production/refining, scouts because of the better sensor range, Jump drive...) but i dont see any reason to send a large ship into a hot zone. It doesnt do good on vanilla balance.

28. Uzul Apprentice Engineer

LANDING GEAR FIXED ?!?!??????????

Now just fix rotors and pistons in MP survival, and SE is officially the best game in History !!!

29. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

No words can describe my feelings. Thank. You.

30. Ceztu Apprentice Engineer

I don' agree totally, but you are right that they need to widen the power gap between large ships and small ships. Large ships aren't that much more powerfull in comparison to their material requirement in my opinion.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.