Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.103 - Performance & bug fixes, Armor box turret hack fixed

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ablativepotato Trainee Engineer

Yeah yeah, I know, old meme:
    [​IMG]

Heh. It's cool, but damn, that Ride of the Valkyries was more of a taunt for me, because my college abused that often for one particular annual tradition.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kira Apprentice Engineer

......... We have different definitions of the word SOON.... if it were not for the G menu fix i would be exploding with profanities the likes of which no forum has ever seen.... please finish planets..... soon (tm)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellothere! Apprentice Engineer

What are those engines? Are they boosters with actual fuel consumption? Call me excited.

4. Echillion Senior Engineer

Nice update but can you fix the O2 bug on DS where you cant top up your oxygen except by bottles?

5. garbledletters Trainee Engineer

Keeeeeeeeeen!
    Hype train to lightspeed
    Passengers to hell.
    Seriously, stop hyping.
    (Edit: Next update, go ahead and make your customers explode by hype.)
    v v v v v v v
    [​IMG]

6. BingoBall Trainee Engineer

So couple of friendly reality checks:

1) I wouldn't be surprised if, just looking at the planets dev line timeline etc, planets don't happen for 3+ weeks just to deal with bugs etc. Fixing broader bugs and dealing with planet specific bugs is definitely the right move and I'd be a little surprised if it didn't take longer than anticipated.

-and-

2) Keen needs to wind their necks waaaay back in on this teaser stuff and either be totally frank about progress timelines or say nothing at all. People joke about the hype train, but the number of times hype or over-built expectations with a playerbase, has circled back to burn devs (some rightly/some less so) is too numerous to really count at this point. But this is getting pretty dicey as a communication & player community strategy. I'm sure it's coming from a place of excitement from the team, but it seems to be resulting in less and less goodwill/anticipation and more aggravation and disappointment. Probably not such a good thing to play around with at this point. Just saying.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Nubcake Jake Trainee Engineer

F this, your PR is bad and you should feel bad.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dregz Trainee Engineer

OKAY!

I get that planets have to be right before they are added. I agree. I am sure you guys want the atmosphere to feel 'real'.. Let's say that to land on a planet, you need a whole heap of thrust. Let's also say that maybe in the future they add some form of aerodynamics? Which would be awesome! So if this is the case, to integrate planets into the game is going to be difficult. Aside from that, this will be the biggest change to the game possibly ever, the way the game is played changes, everything will change.

But here is an idea...
    Call me crazy, but what if Keen were to put them in... BUT, they added a choice, either spawn on surface, or spawn in space. Now, there are your planets, but try landing on it, if it is complex enough that we can't then we could just use space, or planets, and then when it is integrated more we would just be able to leave the planet, or enter the planet... Wouldn't that be cool? It would almost be like the evolution of science.. You construct a base for a week, maybe 2, maybe a month, maybe a year, I don't know. But then, the update comes out, and BOOM, you have enough power to get off that planet, or enter it... Just like real evolution of science. We know we will be able to do it, so let us start.

That would be so cool.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Talbone Trainee Engineer

i dont usually comment here on the forums, even less so to show frustration, but this week it was too much to handle. i am upset.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Khell3770 Trainee Engineer

Planets will most likely be October 22nd, as the 23rd is the 2 year anniversary of Space Engineers being made available. So not this Thursday, and most likely not next Thursday either. Show some patients people. This game has been out on the market for almost 2 years now and I've been with it almost from the beginning and Keens always delivers, just give them time to do their thing. Personally I'd rather see rotors and pistons fixed next patch like they just finished doing with landing gear, then bring in planets. I want to be able to build retractable landing gear and deployable solar arrays that I can also aim without turning my creations into a thermonuclear warhead.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Manticore Apprentice Engineer

Cool... also framerate/memory usage fix is a winner.

12. Aryeonos Trainee Engineer

This.

These teasers are just acidic, the dev blog back in February kicked up allot of hype, but I wouldn't say it was too much. I'd rather they just shut up about planets until right before they're about to release them and focus on keeping us in the loop about the progress of bug fixing (What they're supposed to be doing right now, according to them.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Klaern Apprentice Engineer

I'll agree with point 2, but the community builds their own hype too. Keen hasn't done toooo much teasing. They know we're all geeked about planets and the teaser videos every week are fine IMHO. Each video has given us some extra insight into what we'll be getting. Some of the tweets, though, maybe they should hold back on teasing there.

I also think it's likely planets aren't really that far away (Oct 22 is my prediction still). I'd wager they have planets ready enough to push out to us now, but really do want to get more of the current bugs squashed so they can focus on fixing planet bugs later, and want to give us planets on an important date (like an anniversary date).

The bigger problem here is that planets aren't going to be delivered bug free and people are going to be (wrongly) angry about that after all the build up. I'd wager the first week or two of planets is going to be downright painful for some folks and some bugs are going to be game breaking. But I could be wrong, and we could get something that's been tested like crazy and will be (mostly) working.

• Like Like x 4
  14. b2soft Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 3
  15. STK2008 Trainee Engineer

They obviously don't read the forum so why bother to post ideas.

If they do read the forum why let us suffer this whole week expecting planets to have yet another teaser

16. Llessur Apprentice Engineer

I would say they have done quite a bit of teasing on this maybe not a lot when comparing to other games or whatever but for them its a ton! They released what 3-4 tweets or more saying soon be ready soon?

17. thatguywithahammer Apprentice Engineer

Does anyone else think those rockets look a bit cartoonish? I know it's all WIP, but still... The planet and atmosphere effects would have looked great on their own, but the engines pooping tiny yellow blobs really detracted from it.

Edit: By the way, what was the "armor box turret hack"? I guess I don't need to know now that it doesn't exist, but I'm curious.

18. DeathsHead Apprentice Engineer

Someone has time to make vids, and bases, how bout the guy that made the rocket vfx, what was his issue? Can't even tell if they are on.

19. rexxar Senior Engineer

Whole lot of crying in here for something that was never given a release date. Teasers are just that: teasers. They're teasing you with previews of planets. They've been teasing with planet previews for a long time. Stop acting like entitled children.

Huh? Large ship cockpits and the medbay will refill your oxygen. Small ship cockpits don't seem to refill your oxygen, but they do stop it from dropping. I'm really disappointed that the Oxygen tanks weren't fixed this week. FPS bump is nice, but O2 tanks affect playability.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ♥♦Night Fur(r)y♦♥ Trainee Engineer

PLEASE post a video of those detached rocket stages crashing back to the planet ♥

• Like Like x 4
  21. Klaern Apprentice Engineer

They read the forums... And it's not exactly like people were suffering. Everyone understood it was just hype and speculation.

They may have fed that speculation a bit, but planets are probably actually really close and in a couple weeks we'll have them. If we don't have them by the end of the month, I'll convert and be on the complainy-pants side too. But for now I'm ok with the level of hype.

22. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

All those that thought soon meant today, just a quick question, when your parents said maybe to something, you always assumed that it meant yes? :)

Just having a lil fun...no bashing meant. :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

Damnit Keen give it to us straight, are we getting planets next week or not?

24. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

You said it all here. Well done!

25. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

Someone say....planets ??

-Morloc

• Like Like x 3
  26. b2soft Trainee Engineer

I need my interior lights on duty, really

27. tharkus Junior Engineer

come oon take it easy, they never said the planets was going to be today.
    dont get me wrong, im really hyped and want the planets feature too.

• Like Like x 3
  28. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Probably... no. Don't get your hopes on that.

29. Klaern Apprentice Engineer

They have a track record of not announcing feature release dates, and they shouldn't announce dates. They're not going to announce this more than a day in advance, and I doubt they'll do that (no reason to suspect that they would).

The fact is, and we all know it, planets will be released when they're ready to release it (oct 22).

30. garbledletters Trainee Engineer

No. They arn't going to add planets, ill be surprised if they add them AT ALL, EVEN IF I'M 80.
    ;-; i cri everytiem, planerts are not reel.

(Edit: Sorry for being a whiny bitch)

31. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

Why October 22nd?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.