Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.103 - Performance & bug fixes, Armor box turret hack fixed

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I find it pretty obvious that they're holding planets out until around Christmas time. ;)

Its about the same time that infinite maps hit last time around.

Awesome update though!

2. Mulahey4 Trainee Engineer

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Why would anyone get disappointed or even upset over having to wait for new game features??? All he has to do is sit back, relax WHILE HE PLAYS THE GAME and wait for the announced stuff to come to him? But there is more than the patience problem. It is this infantile demanding of something you should humbly and patiently wait for instead. Not even the fact he paid for this game gives him (or anyone) the right to act like a four year old. "Let's be fair" doesn't apply here. The hype should serve as something to look forward to. Demanding it is arrogant and rude.

• Like Like x 3
  3. KG1 Trainee Engineer

Where's half the blocks gone? I can only access so many:
    [​IMG]

4. WhiteWorlB Trainee Engineer

they are still there if you search for the name.
    keen changed some stuff in g menu. i expect a hotfix for that soon.

5. Lexstock Trainee Engineer

For all you cryers of planets. Don't expect them anytime soon, the optimization of the state of the game right now is less than ideal for planets. You'll get 1 FPS with planets.

As long as the game doesn't get optimized better, Planets are just a donkey's carrot.. (doesn't change that they look cool tho.)

6. Semaphorism Apprentice Engineer

We need the network update more than planets.....

• Like Like x 4
  7. themars2011 Trainee Engineer

not exactly true.
    9 weeks ago, in version 1.094 when i tested them with source code, they were already working quite good.

8. Thales M. Senior Engineer

This must be 102545th fix for jump drives :p.

BTW, I think jump drive effect should be improved; instead of teleporting we should move very fast in space under some effects like in Star Trek.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Reflexus Apprentice Engineer

As a young man who is looking for a way into game making industry, I have to thank keen on teaching me how not to do PR :)

10. rylo Apprentice Engineer

Okay I was fully torqued for this update and was greatly disappointed since planets didn't make thier debut. now its not so much for the fact planets didn't get released but the update seemed to have been a little weak by claims that problems had been fix when in reality it was quite the opposite and the teaser video had a similar quality. Maybe the bugs stomped here were really hard to fix...? idk. I'm having some mixed feelings about next update though. Not sure if it's dissapointment or confusion on the state of the game but I'm not hyped for next week's update. Some actual PR interaction would be nice. Keen did do a really good job feeding into the hype this week and let's face it the disappointment wouldn't be so wide spread if it was 100% because people are being childish. Personally I would like to know what my investment is doing for the development. You guys didn't forget you paid for this right? I already paid for the product I don't want to pay with my time wasted waiting on this game to be something it will never be. This is all very upsetting due to the fact (and we all know it) that this game is so close to being something truly special and rememberable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

Solution: Buy when it's on sale.
    And don't get hyped.
    Also, don't drop text walls.
    Oh, and get a refu- oh, you can't? YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Abidos Trainee Engineer

Hi those planetary teasers are awesome and fun but can we get some update on the rework of the network code ? Planets are fun but if the server can't handle it the it is not going to be much fun.

13. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Most flawed 'logic' evarrrr .D

14. gazz.fisher Trainee Engineer

I know the tweets were a bit of a dick-ish thing to do to but first of al I don't understand how 'soon' meant next patch and can you really Blame Keen for adding 'uranium' to the reactors of the already unstable but indestructible hype train. It's just a bit of light hearted fun. They do not claim to be great at pr they are a developer of infinate alpha games ;)
    Also would a definitive planet date drive more or less people to the forum every patchmas. And would a definitive planet date that is missed anger people more then a speculative date?
    I am enjoying the teasers less and less each week though

^^ just my thoughts, please do not 'hurt' me :). ^^

• Like Like x 1
  15. g0vernor Apprentice Engineer

As soon as I saw the solid rocket motor ends on that ship, my immediate reaction was, WHAT ARE THOSE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Briastias Apprentice Engineer

I appreciate the work towards planets AND figuring out parts (blocks) that will make it work better.

I to am in the O2 Tanks fix club hoping you can resolve something that you know... is killing characters... so we can't enjoy planets cause we are dead

Priority O2 bug issues please.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DevilDog2098 Trainee Engineer

I agree the net code update is sorely needed. But the problem is they can't even do that until planets are released since the data transmission will be affected by the planets. They can't know exactly what effect the planets will have on the network communications until they are released. They could use the test platforms they are creating the videos from but then you run into the problem of instability because the planets aren't there. By releasing the planets then the net code they are following industry best practice in not releasing a huge update that is dependent on another huge update before the initial update is released

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hanfree Apprentice Engineer

If your pc is a sh*t yes you cant deal with planets
    But i want more the netcode than planets

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

working on features in the background = "keen, what you are doing, you are not communicating enough!"
    showing future features (+ different planet biome every week) = "keen, what you are doing, you are hyping too much!"
    :D

• Like Like x 19
  20. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

All natural reactions from people.

keep the awesome work guys! =)

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Hehe, the problem is NOT that you are making teasers of that features, those are great! The problem was more that it sounded like they would come this week, as Marek wrote that they are coming very soon last week on twitter. I guess that's why most people are pissed.

Also if you just had said wednesday or whenever you knew it wouldn't come this update that it won't come the backslash would have been much smaller.

• Like Like x 2
  22. thatguywithahammer Apprentice Engineer

Thanks, I guess. I'm just confused more than anything. Their other planet teasers were stunning even without showing any other new stuff. The (hopefully) placeholder engine effects look very out-of-place next to the planet and atmospheric haze. You know, the features that are also WIP but look great anyway. I don't know why they felt the need to show the engines off before they were nearly finished.

I probably should have been more polite about my criticism. Covering our eyes and ignoring everything but the fact that it's WIP isn't very helpful either, though, right?

23. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Well they probably put the thrusters just to make the teaser a bit more catching? But as someone commented in other thread, they are probably not even working in the moment, only visually working, they probably have put the ordinary thrusters we know inside the ship so it can takeoff. All done for the teaser. You can see that in the start the thrusters have a bigger "flame" then when it is on the sky already.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dr. Novikov Apprentice Engineer

Because they need to place something in the next patchnote as "fixed". 1.102 = screwed up oxygen tanks ans farms. 1.103 = fixed the screweed up farms. 1.104 will probably be = fixed the screwed up tanks + broke the generators.

25. Carthbet Trainee Engineer

Where did they got those bottom thrusters?

26. a2457 Senior Engineer

i hope the bugfixing does not stop,
    and allso hope performance patches will come along too for an extended period.

please, even if you release new content/functionality, keep fixing the bugs.
    not t mention multithread support.
    its 2015, soon 2016. software utilising half or quarter of a computer is not acceptible.
    even in alpha. and beta. and pre-alpha. and pre-pre-pre alpha early teaser showcase demo alpha whatever mess you can think of.

27. Dare Arkin Apprentice Engineer

Am I the only one who's wondering if those other engines are 'required' for launch from a planet? 'Cause it'll hose a hell of a lot of my designs if so.

28. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

A fire effect on those in-atmosphere thrusters would be nice.
    The yellow rubber ball effect isn't really doing it for me. ;)

29. Irish286 Apprentice Engineer

Showing future features and not giving us any context on their state isn't communicating its advertising.

• Like Like x 1
  30. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Probably... YES! And this will be awesome!!!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.