Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.110 - Local coordinates sector, Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Savino Apprentice Engineer

Creative mode is your friend, if you donĀ“t like a game that limits your gameplay!

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. zeronio Apprentice Engineer

So the "Local coordinates sector" thingy can be only used for new stations merging with new stations?
    Bases which were built before this patch does not support this? Or is it a bug? Some Info?

3. Natebluehooves Trainee Engineer

If you wish to put the word gamebreaking in quotes, I personally invite you to survive on a planet with no easy access to uranium, and no working solar panels. good luck. (the solar panels not working are the problem, for clarification. )

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. (PVJ) Nucl3ear Trainee Engineer

KHS, thank's for your work that is always better ! Your game is so cool !

If possible, it would be great to have more "technicals" or "mechanicals" blocks, because that's what make a real difference between two ships : Their systems.

Keep working guys ! You're the best !

'Nuke

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I like it. Not totally useful for me but who knows? Thanks Keen!

6. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

I guess, Keen simply wants to prevent us from digging too deep holes on planets. Cause they lead to memory leaks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Camulorix Trainee Engineer

Is it just me or did some ore deposits move deeper underground? Got a few very simple mines to get me started but now the ore is 30-50 meters deeper.

Also because some people are talking about DS and bugs there: KSH is working on a new netcode and it doesn't make any sense to fix bugs now which can be fixed by introducing a new netcode. So I'm happy to wait and play a little single player in the mean time :)

8. Natebluehooves Trainee Engineer

would you mind sourcing this? i heard some vague ramblings about netcode quite some time ago and haven't seen anything else about it. do we have a timeframe? I'm currently setting up an external expresscard GPU to use with my laptop to allow me to play SE when i go back home to my parents for xmas... it'd be nice to know if it's actually going to be playable at that point, or if i need to start hunting for another game....

9. McVoy Trainee Engineer

From today's patch i have an error saying that my graphics card is not supported because it does not meet minimum requirements (GF GTX 660). Please fix it as fast as possible because i'm in progress of creating a big carrier for my star fleet and don't want to forget my today's concepts. Thanks.

Also i see on this thread that it is not only my problem with this error. People with GF 9xx have this problem too.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. [ASD] colCyber Trainee Engineer

Fantastic....
    from this patch... i can't play!!!!
    WHYY??????

OK
    Space Engineers - application error occured. For more information please see application log at C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.log

It seems that your graphics card is currently unsupported because it does not meet minimum requirements. Please see minimum requirements at http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/system-requirements.html

Thank You!
    Keen Software House

please fix!!!!
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

Agreed.

This is absolutely terrible.

Why even have different physics on planets?

There is now absolutely no additional challenge to working on a planet - it might as well be space with a different background.

Not happy about this catering to the minor vocal community that will probably stop playing the game after an hour anyway.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Camulorix Trainee Engineer

@ 2:03:35

13. TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

My hydrogen has been broken the whole time, with inertial dampeners it lasted about 2 seconds, without inertial dampeners it was infinite. Perhaps 1 minute will be too much, it could change in the future. I realize this is the internet, but lets try not to make false assumptions with no actual information to back it up.

Now, in the event that I am wrong and you do have actual information to back up your claim that that the vocal minority will only play 1 hour please provide the data and i will be more than happy to revise my stance.
    You are also welcome to check my steam account for my own credibility as being part of the "vocal minority". I have well over 1 hour played, I assure you.

Also here's a philosophical stance that makes your comment silly: You are referring to the people who post on this forum as the "Vocal Minority" and are stating that Keen should not listen to them. You, however, just posted on this forum, making you part of the "Vocal Minority". So you are essentially saying we should not listen to you, but if we don't listen to you, then we can listen to you, but if we do listen to you....., >Paradox<

Now that this foolishness is out in the open, I can only assume that you believe yourself to be above the rest of the community, therefore you can disregard the philosophical argument and revert back to my original statement and provide your findings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. sunofplunder Trainee Engineer

I am also having problems with my laptops dedicated graphics. It has an Nvidia GF GTX 670MX and ran normal before this 1.110 update. I even tried the fix to force SE into high performance mode through the card rather than Intels graphics but it still does not want to get past the starting screen.

Link to mentioned Nvidia High performance mode is here (even though it did not work, but want to inform that I DID try this before posting).
    GRAPHICS / PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Hope this will get fixed really soon, I wanted to see if the memory/ random DS crashes were fixed after the new update.

Thank you.

15. mayo2017 Trainee Engineer

Except you need to reread what they wrote, because that's not what they said. There's a special hilarity in reading attacks on things that weren't said in the first place.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

Did you actually just use the old "you're complaining about complainers" argument? Go learn about fallacies to figure out why that's an illogical stance. My opinion about playtime is one based on experience, not fact, so disregard it if you want, I really don't care.

But the fact is that only a few complainers have been whining about the jetpack time, and their logic is that because it's so short they now have to build (lol, engineers) structures so that they can construct ships on planet. That's kind of a major reason to have planets in the first place - you know, so that they are a different environment that provide different challenges. But congratulations, you've now turned planets into giant asteroids with grav generators.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Harrekin Master Engineer

One minute is pretty ridiculous...

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Zyfe Trainee Engineer

It is, especially when it's enough to fly off of planets and moons using your jetpack alone. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Harrekin Master Engineer

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

Guys can answer me pls..when enter in cockpit in a ship small/large i created no antennas show in hud/screen any know why?

Edit:i found problem,only happen in my truck,i put 1 thruster and i see now antennas

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. [uRxP] Inverse Trainee Engineer

There are still bugs and maybe if you guys actually looked into the bugs that have been reported constantly on the the bug report sub forum that would be great................

-Jetpacks have unlimited fuel on client side because of server lag
    -batteries don't recharge properly
    -solar panels stop outputting power randomly
    -ore detector doesn't accurately show ore locations(says iron actually just stone for a good 100m3)

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Zyngwe Trainee Engineer

I definitely appreciate the fixes. One big issue I and the folks I play with are having on our survival server is solar panels having 0 output. We fired up a new game with the release of planets and starting fresh getting used to building planetary vehicles. We've been relying pretty heavily on battery power until we get miners built to gather uranium consistently. The problem is that both offset and standard solar panels have 0 output in 4-dot broad daylight. We've been digging ant tunnels by hand to get to the uranium, but then get killed by stepping on loose ore or shot through the planet, heh heh.

23. DivineWrath Junior Engineer

I noticed that the ores have changed/moved again. Specifically, the kind of ores on planet have moved. This time they seem to be a bit deeper.

I'm not sure how helpful being able to be to make new stations of the same grid type as a previous one would be. I'm experienced enough to build my stations in a way that they are never separate grids. It might be more useful for new players. I might change my mind later.

The increase to jetpack duration is welcome. Before this patch, the duration was so short that I turned off jetpacks because I didn't consider them worth bothering with. A single accident in button clicking would waste all my fuel. I also didn't like the idea that I had only a handful of seconds to line up blocks and place them. Or weld them. I did practice many different techniques for trying to build up my base, but none were as good as being able to fly jetpack (with a useful duration) to place blocks.

24. VoidTex Trainee Engineer

I see the issue of my pistons and rotors breaking still hasn't been fixed...
    I updated my game, and tried rotating the engine on a ship I'm working on. The whole thing snapped off.
    Would be nice to have stronger pistons and rotors. And maybe re-align them with the actual block. I've tested pistons on a station for a hallway idea, and the whole wall section by the piston is dented as hell and the piston broke.

Would be nice to have these fixed, rather than these random small features.
    Priorities, guys.

25. RayvenQ Moderator

Keep in mind keen work on fixes and bugfixes in a rolling manner, doesn't mean they aren't working on stuff, just that it may be in development still.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

I got to thinking about my fear of spiders, and I just wanted to throw an idea Keen's way - make the Saberoids Weblayers - if laid webs to trap engineers they might be a little more fun than scary.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

Game has a word "engineer" in its name for a reason. Why do you insist on building high in the air without proper construction ship? What is so hard on building one or two blocks to get there? This game is about solving obstacles by engineering, not by complaining until DEV's give you what you want without you actually playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 7
  28. PhantomX Apprentice Engineer

Cant even play the damn game, no word on the issue that I have asked for help on for quite awhile now. I think I'll move on the Empyrion, hell right out of the gate dynamic planets, creatures, and combat. I tired of waiting you to fix you damn game, I'm done

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. Eryan Trainee Engineer

For those who can't launch the game, its seems that if your mother board has an integrated graphic card like an Intel HD, the game test your intel HD instead of your real graphic card and then find it too weak.

You must deactivate your intel HD (or other integrated graphic card) to force the game to test the right one.

It worked for me (i just lost my secondary screen momentarily)

• Informative Informative x 2
  30. TenTonBlue Trainee Engineer

Irony is my favorite type of humor, thanks for playing.

"Not happy about this catering to the minor vocal community"

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.